Help: Error from graphic card...

Rapido

Prowler
Society
Rangers
Rob Rapido Green

This messages came up when I want to log in today, played yesterday whit out any problem... So my question are, have MA made any changes in the list of cards who are graphic comp-ability to the game?

When clicking OK, next messages come up, D3D Error: (Could not found any compatible Direct 3D devices)

Have latest driver for the card.
What is this shit, help needed...

//Rapido

Last edited:
Am guessing they silently increasing the requirements for this game.

Your card is about 2 years old model. Assuming the 2 GB model, you should be able to run it at medium I guess?

I think the warning is so that if you try to run it at max graphics and it crawls / crashes, they can say "I told you so" ....

Just click Ok and see if the game works.

Your card is about 2 years old model. Assuming the 2 GB model, you should be able to run it at medium I guess?

I think the warning is so that if you try to run it at max graphics and it crawls / crashes, they can say "I told you so" ....

Cant even start in Safe mode :( Support made...

had the same issue this morning w/ gtx 1070..

reinstall drivers and restart pc.. problem solved

On one of my boxes, I could get EU to start with a Radeon GPU only if nVidia drivers were installed as well. True story. :laugh: (although not necessarily relevant to the case at hand)

I'm still running EU on my second gen i5 (8GB) laptop with GT520m (1GB)
I can turn graphics up to very high without crashing, I only don't can expect it will run 60fps then.

Normaly I could do medium, and still can.
But due to streaming I have to play at lower settings, so that my poor lappie can still keep it all going.
To bad I can't enable the Igpu on the processor (not a onboard GPU for those that don't know the difference) for the encoding part, lappie motherboard and BIOS does not support it :(
So i'm doomed atm with software encoding on the fly.
But neverthless I'm still very proud of my lappie doing it all that i'm demanding from it.

And I also still have a very old desktop around with old DUAL core cpu and only 4GB, and GTS450 in it.
The GTS450 is very capable to run this game on 1080p with 60fps (not on max settings ofc)
Only problem is, the motherboard is only PCIe 1.0 (yes that old) :)
And GTS450 is PCIe 2.0, so the GPU is bottlenecked by the motherboard and the processor.

This messages came up when I want to log in today, played yesterday whit out any problem... So my question are, have MA made any changes in the list of cards who are graphic comp-ability to the game?

When clicking OK, next messages come up, D3D Error: (Could not found any compatible Direct 3D devices)

Have latest driver for the card.
What is this shit, help needed...

//Rapido

If you had NVIDIA before and did now switch to AMD on that machine, indeed try the drivers, and make sure that you remove the nvidia drivers completly, I have had it in past that the 2 drivers from NVIDIA and AMD were conflicting with eachother.

Reinstall graphic drivers, didn't help, so now I have to wait for support to answer :/ Stupid thing if MA have changed something in the program about graphic cards...

//Rapido[/QUOTE]

If you had NVIDIA before and did now switch to AMD on that machine, indeed try the drivers, and make sure that you remove the nvidia drivers completly, I have had it in past that the 2 drivers from NVIDIA and AMD were conflicting with eachother.

Bought this card for over a year ago, never had problems before :(

//Rapido

Bought this card for over a year ago, never had problems before :(

//Rapido

Ah ok, and I asume that other games indeed still run normal?
And that old desktop that I was speaking about from me, normally had also no issues with EU, nowadays I get that stupid running out of mem ingame again lol
That system has 64bit windows on it, but due to just only having 4GB in it, I tried running EU in 32bit on that machine, which only supports max 4GB, and I still get the running out of mem on that one now.
They indeed tweaked some graphics ingame, so I asume like mostly it's a MA thing.

I also expect that you have al updates on your windows.

you might could try to do directx websetup. I don't expect any problems from that also, but at least you would have tried that also.

But atm I would say it's a MA thing.

ANd for the windows update part, If you have Win7 (No clue about Win8, but probably also) I skipped that one lol
Make sure to check for updates manualy, those version pretend to do al upgrades themself, but they dont.
Win10 has solved that issue finally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reinstall graphic drivers, didn't help, so now I have to wait for support to answer :/ Stupid thing if MA have changed something in the program about graphic cards...

//Rapido

As you are the only one experiencing the issue, you may need to investigate a bit further with your own setup.

I ran a R9 270x and now run RX 470 (ie models either side of what you have) and have had no issues.

Try installing an older driver, I'm not using AMD's latest I'm using 16.50.2001-161204a-309274C, even though there is a recommended 17.4.4, I havent installed it.

That sounds indeed like a good idea.
I'm not very familiar with AMD anymore.

Bad experiences in the past with it :)

I'd also recommend trying, uninstall any trace of driver from Control panel / Programs & Features, reboot, then installing the drivers from the CD that comes with the graphics card.

See if that works - it should do.

<- ATI / AMD Radeon user 1996 - 2017 ;)

<- ATI / AMD Radeon user 1996 - 2017 ;)

Damn you have alot of faith in them :)
My expierience was in the time that they did not have thermal throtling on CPU.
It's was not even my system were it happend, but a friend.
His cooler just stopped like 2 or 3 sec, it died ofc.
But in those 2 or 3 second the CPU burned a hole in itself, and I was like no thanks never ever AMD :)

If it aint broken, dont fix it.

If it is broken, I know how to fix it. :laugh:

:)

I rather prevent it from breaking in the first place.
I hate it it when I see a unoptimized PC somewhere, I never can resist to fix that shit. :D

As you are the only one experiencing the issue, you may need to investigate a bit further with your own setup.

I ran a R9 270x and now run RX 470 (ie models either side of what you have) and have had no issues.

Try installing an older driver, I'm not using AMD's latest I'm using 16.50.2001-161204a-309274C, even though there is a recommended 17.4.4, I havent installed it.

Radeon programvaruversion - 17.5.2
Radeon programvaruutgåva - Crimson ReLive
Grafikkrets - AMD Radeon (TM) R7 360 Series
Minnesstorlek - 2048 MB
Minnestyp - GDDR5
Huvudklocka - 1060 MHz
Windows-version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
Systemminne - 8 GB
CPU-typ - AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor

This was the driver installed yesterday...

Now I have version, 22.19.162.4, date 24/4/17 and still the same issue :(

//Rapido

Did run it, and installed an older version, but didn't help...

//Rapido

Maybe EU installation corrupt?
Did you try reinstall EU
And ofc if the older driver did not help, go back to latest.

Weeee :) Problem solved :)

Did upgrade to newest version again and now it's ok :)
But have no idea why the problem came up in the first place though...

//Rapido

Weeee :) Problem solved :)

Did upgrade to newest version again and now it's ok :)
But have no idea why the problem came up in the first place though...

//Rapido

Probably just a silly corupt file somewhere in driver. It's something that can happen sometimes.
Maybe your hard drive is slowly dying, bad sectors. most of the time they will be flagged automaticly and avoided for future use.
Right click your C:\ and go to extra tab, then let it check the disk, if it would find anymore bad sectors they will be flagged. Maybe other drives also if you have some more in the machine.

But whatever, good that it is fixed now ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back