Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
I'm trying to gather a rough estimate on the following costs:
  • Total armour decay per day
  • Total fap decay per day
  • Total travel decay whilst hunting (mindforce/vehicle) per day

Essentially the total defense costs whilst hunting per day. The third option in the list refers to someone who may tp/use vehicle to return to hunting location after death i.e. not costs associated with general travel not related to whilst hunting.

What do you think is a good figure to use for total defense costs per day?

Essentially the total defense costs whilst hunting per day. The third option in the list refers to someone who may tp/use vehicle to return to hunting location after death i.e. not costs associated with general travel not related to whilst hunting.

I have no exact figures atm because I don't track that, I only look at TTin - TTout in total.
Because I feel it when I would be fapping to much or getting to much hits on armor.
But I would say best ofc to achieve 0% which is not realistic, but I would say like max 5% of total.
Guess someone that realy track those could give more exact figures.

And for travel cost, try to avoid them completly, better stay allive and do some more fapping.

Last edited by a moderator:
gonna vary widely based on what activity you do... If you are just hunting puny or mobs below level 5 average is probably around 3 ped per day on armor if you just play 3 hours or less a day. If you go hunt something in the level 20+ level range it's gonna cost more.

Which armor set you use also will vary.

If you are 'overprotected' and doing overkill just to get through mission chains as I have been known to do sometimes your costs will be up there.

If you hunt above your level (so you miss a lot) or use old school weapons are not level 100 yet your costs will increase. (I admit I sometimes aim for level 20-30 stuff with an old school katsuichi determination when I just feel like blowing peds... usually just burn through 1 katsuichi determination per hunt doing that, but a while back I did one hunt where I burned through about 3 of em in one hunt - each full repair on that thing is 12 us dollars or so that was something like a 30 dollar hunting adventure for a couple of hours)

As for travel costs, it also depends a lot. When I was on toulan (went there to graduate and get the rifi armor a few months ago) tp chip decay was very high since vehicles don't work there at all and the entire western side of the map is nothing but difficult to maneuver mountains, so getting around without a lot of hassle requires a lot of tp chip usage.

If you are an average avatar hunting average things within walking distance of a tp your costs aren't going to be too high... If you are on Rocktropia, which had the map cut in half so that things are stacked on top of one another vs other planets, your travel costs will be lower... (but your 'time' cost in hunting in any specific mob chain will increase dramatically since almost all mobs in the map are 'mixed' so you have to look through a bunch of mobs to find the one particular type you want )

If you go to Monria where the entire map is about the size of Port Atlantis and sweat camp, and it's free to tp up to the space station your travel costs will be lower.

Last edited:
depending on the mob, between 1% & 5% but usually around 2.5%
a lot also depends on eco of your weapon

Are you asking for definitive figures or estimates that could be considered practical to hunting returns?

Of course getting your def cost down to 0% is best but for me I am able to avg somewhere around 1%.

This would include any vehicle or TP travelling which for me are zero and my armour is my fapping tool.

Am using Imp Rest chip / mod 2350 as my "armor" and healing tool.

Every 2 hours, during which I cycle about 1.5k peds, cost me about 3-4 peds (including decay / ME usage). This is on hunting mobs like huons, etc.

Am doing mostly melee. If am doing ranged more, I assume my defence cost will be even lower.

If am doing ranged more, I assume my defence cost will be even lower.

Yes for sure, but ofc difference will be minor.
mmm have to correct the line above.
Depending on the gear you are using, you could be losing even more, I metioned it before somewhere else, but i'm not going into detail about that.

And ofc it's about what everyone will find acceptable defense cost to their budget.

I am tracking it, i got below 2% when hunting the right mob (for my level) and i am from 5 to 7% when i am going for fun to bigger ones. (for example mind reaver stalk or big legio whereas my dps is not so great and dodge at level 40)

But this % is a bit wrong because i cycle the ammo i loot. So the total TT in must be higher so the % a bit lower.

My 2 pec,

Thorias

Ideally I'm looking for total defense costs in peds per day. I realise that can vary depending upon skills e.g. evade, equipment, how much you hunt per day, what you hunt etc

So for me total defense costs per day (in peds) whilst hunting large mobs e.g. proterons would be most useful.

Also those giving a percentage (e.g. 5%) I'm not too clear how much that is in peds as I have no idea what that's a percentage of?

So in short total defense costs in peds whilst hunting proterons or other similar large mob. I suppose the extremes could be useful i.e. lowest defense costs in peds, highest defense costs in peds, and average

I'm looking for a ped value to use in a formula

Also those giving a percentage (e.g. 5%) I'm not too clear how much that is in peds as I have no idea what that's a percentage of?

It's the % of the cost of the runs you will be doing in that day.
You could cycle 10k a day, but also just 1k

So how would we be able to tell that in PEDs upfront?

Well atm you give Prot as an example, just go do the math, just take the HP of it into a spreadsheet
Take avg DPS of the gear you use, this will tell you how long it will take to kill it, and then use the time your willing to spend that day, that should give you the avg for what you would be cycling that day.
Then take the 5% or whatever you are willing to spend on defense from that total number.

I actually have no clue why you are making it yourself so hard.
But it's doable.
And I'm not going todo those calcs, so it's up to you to make that spreadsheet that you like I guess.

Exuse me if I did miss a small detail atm ;)

So basicly if I would spend like 1k in a day, I would like the defense cost to be not more then 50PED (5%) for that day.

Oh and ofc this way also you need to include the DPP into the math.

It's the % of the cost of the runs you will be doing in that day.
You could cycle 10k a day, but also just 1k

So how would we be able to tell that in PEDs upfront?

Well atm you give Prot as an example, just go do the math, just take the HP of it into a spreadsheet
Take avg DPS of the gear you use, this will tell you how long it will take to kill it, and then use the time your willing to spend that day, that should give you the avg for what you would be cycling that day.
Then take the 5% or whatever you are willing to spend on defense from that total number.

I actually have no clue why you are making it yourself so hard.
But it's doable.
And I'm not going todo those calcs, so it's up to you to make that spreadsheet that you like I guess.

Exuse me if I did miss a small detail atm ;)

I should have been more clear at the start. My apologies.

I'm not looking for my figures but for others.

So I wouldn't know how much you cycle and how much you spend on defense costs (by you I mean everyone else). If you don't track those things there is an easy way to make an estimate. How much you spend on defense repairs after each run and multiply that by how many runs you normally do in a day.

Ideally I'm looking for total defense costs in peds per day. I realise that can vary depending upon skills e.g. evade, equipment, how much you hunt per day, what you hunt etc

So for me total defense costs per day (in peds) whilst hunting large mobs e.g. proterons would be most useful.

So in short total defense costs in peds whilst hunting proterons or other similar large mob. I suppose the extremes could be useful i.e. lowest defense costs in peds, highest defense costs in peds, and average

I'm looking for a ped value to use in a formula
When talking about defense % one generally means % of turnover. Turnover being the total tt costs for actively lowering mob hp. So turnover = [weapon decay] + [weapon ammo] + [amp decay] + [amp ammo]

Imo defense cost per day or hour doesn't make any sense to track at all unless comparing exactly same gear setups on same mob with same hunting speed and same amount of turnover. Best (and only?) way for sake of comparison is by percentage.

If you are interested in defense costs on Proterons in particular, it's zero for me and most other people hunting them.

And if you indeed gonna want to do it for others, there are alot of other thing to consider that would not be as easy as you think to do.

then indeed Evade/dodge/jamming levels would need to be considered also.

If you realy want this sorry I can't help you.

If you are interested in defense costs on Proterons in particular, it's zero for me and most other people hunting them.

Yeah indeed :)
No spreadsheet needed.
Just don't go melee on them :)

Can I enquire what equipment and if any other associated costs there are to achieve this e.g. pills, ring decay etc?

is everyone achieving zero on most mobs then? if not a general defense cost in peds would be next best thing

And if you indeed gonna want to do it for others, there are alot of other thing to consider that would not be as easy as you think to do.

And also the use of boostpills

And also the use of boostpills

Yeah I know, this gonna be way to complex to even think about, I would get a data overflow error in my brain atm

Rings
random skill boost
blah blah :eyecrazy:

I could achieve it if I realy wanted to build it.
But this would not be build by me overnight.

So he probably will need help from someone else then me now.

Nah it's very simple. Each person has to only look at their own figures, i.e. like I mentioned before how much was spent on defense repairs (and or other equipment if they are being used to reduce defense costs e.g. rings, pills) after each run and multiply that by how many runs you do in a day. Absolutely no need to look at evade, jamming etc.

If you meant you don't want to share how much you spend, that's fair enough.

Nah it's very simple. Each person has to only look at their own figures, i.e. like I mentioned before how much was spent on defense repairs (and or other equipment if they are being used to reduce defense costs e.g. rings, pills) after each run and multiply that by how many runs you do in a day. Absolutely no need to look at evade, jamming etc.

Dont forget that the use of pets can have effect too

Can I enquire what equipment and if any other associated costs there are to achieve this e.g. pills, ring decay etc?

is everyone achieving zero on most mobs then? if not a general defense cost in peds would be next best thing
Enough dps and range to kill them before they reach you. No other costs.

No, everyone is not achieving 0 % defense on most mobs, but on slow mobs such as Proterons it is possible.

Also, I'm reiterating the part of my post you didn't care to quote or comment;

Imo defense cost per day or hour doesn't make any sense to track at all unless comparing exactly same gear setups on same mob with same hunting speed and same amount of turnover. Best (and only?) way for sake of comparison is by percentage.

Even what you suggest people checking defense costs after each run and then multiply with amount of runs is of no use. What if one person do 400 PED runs and another one does 2000 PED per run..? Go by percentage, mate ;)

Enough dps and range to kill them before they reach you. No other costs.

No, everyone is not achieving 0 % defense on most mobs, but on slow mobs such as Proterons it is possible.

Even what you suggest people checking defense costs after each run and then multiply with amount of runs is of no use. What if one person do 400 PED runs and another one does 2000 PED per run..? Go by percentage, mate ;)

Don't forget the influence of lag.... it has effect too

I spend 700-1000 peds per day in defense I think :)

Nah I did not even considered this that you were asking.

But still if you want to know, that would be rougly I guess 5% of what I spent on a day, prolly alot lower.
As said I don't check my defense cost, because I know I keep them as low as possible.
And because I don't constant cycle same amount a day, there is no way to realy tell what It would cost roughly.
Then I would need to look into my year spending, which I keep track of ofc, only no defense in there, because I calc all decay, guns, armor, fap, even refiner blah blah as TTin.

It's hard to fix a defence cost for all hunting activities.

For reference I am level 40 evader.

For example, my earlier post, as I stated, it cost me 3 to 4 peds per ~1500 peds cycled on huons.

If I hunt riptors, my defence cost will be about ~ 2 peds per similar amount cycled.

If I hunt bigger mobs which require me to armor up, my defence cost can be over 50 peds per ~1500 peds cycled.

And the above are all with primarily melee except for tagging. If I go ranged as primary, it's probable that my defence cost can be halfed or lesser.

And like others said, it's possible to have 0 defence cost on slower mobs.

So it's case by case pretty much.

Hey

I try to keep my costs under 3% of total TT in, I track my fap/armor, not travel though.

With mobs below my evade/dodge level, I usualy get 0.5-1% fap/armor decay and above my evade/dodge up to 3%. If it goes above 3%, I'm spending too much time faping anyway, so no point of hunting, yet.

I'm not asking anyone to track them. Also your making incorrect assumptions, I don't need total defense costs per day to compare with others but to work out total defense cost per year and how long it would take to recoup on an investment e.g. a gun.

Again your making incorrect assumptions. I'm trying to calculate savings on an investment i.e. if someone bought a gun how long it would take to recoup costs. Yes, that would be a different figure depending upon how much someone hunts per day. However, looking at percentages is absolutely useless for my needs.

I spend 700-1000 peds per day in defense I think :)

Thanks at last someone gave a ped figure. Hallelujah ! :yay:

For example, my earlier post, as I stated, it cost me 3 to 4 peds per ~1500 peds cycled on huons.

If I hunt riptors, my defence cost will be about ~ 2 peds per similar amount cycled.

If I hunt bigger mobs which require me to armor up, my defence cost can be over 50 peds per ~1500 peds cycled.

Thanks for ped figures

Back