Ideas to play EU at work?

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Guys
Has anyone copied the EU huge file to a portable hard drive and just installed the client loader on their work desktop? Does it work?

Cheers
Bjorn

My POS desktop couldn't update, so I installed on a win 10 box (64 bit) and downloaded everything.

I put all the data files on my (32 bit) xp box and got right back to playing.

So, i think that as long as you have the proper application (client loader, etc...) installed on each box, the shared data files can be moved from PC to PC.

Guys
Has anyone copied the EU huge file to a portable hard drive and just installed the client loader on their work desktop? Does it work?

Cheers
Bjorn

It's for a friend, right? :)

just do the app and craft/auction with that.

or...

just use the webshop and buy boxes and open them. You can do that from an internet browser nowadays.

Last edited:
I would suggest only copy this Dir to USBdrive or whatever you wanna use:
C:\ProgramData\entropia universe\public_users_data (16.8GB)
This Dir is hidden, so you have to disable this option in your explorer settings.
And ofc put the Dir on target drive before running the installer, think this was obvious.
Oh and forgot this is Win10, on Win7 it is somewere else I think.
And in case it will be something like from Win10 to Win7 machine it could probably not work, because of the diff locations the Dir's are in, so not sure if the Dir's are build same between those 2 platforms. (To lazy to go check that atm)

I never tried it before but did read that it should work, I just download it.

Maybe stupid question, but do you have a limit on data on work?
Else just let it download there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just leave your station up and running at home and use Splashtop from your phone/tablet/office PC and remote in. That's what I use. I even do it from home so I can comfortably play on the couch from my tablet.

Just leave your station up and running at home and use Splashtop from your phone/tablet/office PC and remote in. That's what I use. I even do it from home so I can comfortably play on the couch from my tablet.

I tried this and it was mega frustrating lol you need to do a tutorial video of some sort because I'm probably doing it wrong

I tried this and it was mega frustrating lol you need to do a tutorial video of some sort because I'm probably doing it wrong

Splashtop or TeamViewer?

When I initially was trying to remotely play, I was using TeamViewer and I think that's what I recommended to you early on. I've switched to Splashtop - much better.

Back