Question: Isis weapon series

Is it appropriate to continue having weapons called 'Isis' considering the actions of criminals asso

• Yes, it is appropriate. No need to change.

Votes: 54 87.1%
  • No, the weapons should be changed to a new name

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I don't know / have no opinion

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Photon

Elite
Society
Shaolin
Photonic Edge
A friend of mine who doesn't use this forum has asked me to post this poll on his behalf.

Considering the actions of criminals who associate themselves with the jihadist militant group known as Isis, is it appropriate to continue having a series of weapons in our universe with the title 'Isis'. Obviously, Isis is also the Egyptian God of health, wisdom and marriage, so there's that to consider but does this make a difference?

Thanks for reading.

Your friend does know this game is 18+ rite?:lolup:

There is a number of female characters in game named Isis, should they be renamed too? Let's also rename everyone called John, to not invoke associations with Jihadi John. This list can be continued infinitely.

MA put a lot of thought into many of the names given to items and location etc. More often than not based on historical names, Greek Gods, Egythian Gods etc.

It often used to make me smile that a shop in the UK called Argos (a catalogue shop) is named after the Greek God of laziness...lol. (The owners had a sense of humour).

However this thread touches on a political view, I've been fighting against for years. That 'offending feelings'.... has become the weapon of choice to silence other opinion. If the left want to push their own opinion, any constructive debate or discussion is quickly put down with the words...."your views offend me, therefore you should and must shut up".

Because that stopped working after a while, weapon number two was pulled out...."your views hurt my feelings", suggesting that if you continue to voice your opposing opinions, then criminal proceedings could be implemented, you might even get sued for emotional damages. Seriously, what a bunch of snowflakes.

So for that reason, I refuse to buy into it. Who is actually "offended"?
Has anyone actually stated they're offended, or are we just pandering to those that 'might' be offended?

"Adjusting attitudes" has broken the west, don't let it break you.

I voted to keep it unchanged, Isis is an Egyptian God, and was even worshipped by the Roman Empire.

Laters

Rick

Last edited:
Think a moment before posting such things...

Isis weapon manufacturer was in EU for much longer before so called terrorist group even came to light (or probably ever existed under that name (note that ISIS abbreviation of that group comes from English name, not their own name, so I would not be surprised if this name was not created by media back then).

Now, if you would try to force company to change that name of weapons, this would be giving up to terrorists = they win.
You don't want that, do you?

There is a number of female characters in game named Isis, should they be renamed too? Let's also rename everyone called John, to not invoke associations with Jihadi John. This list can be continued infinitely.

Then I suggest it is ok with a Nazi series of guns?

Society in general changes names on things because it is no longer concidered political correct.
Why not here? And why not for Isis?
It would be interesting to see how many Hitlers and Adolfs that changed names after WW II.

I often use the Isis laser guns but latelly everytime I put a bid or buy one something else than an EU gun comes to mind. I don't feel comfortable with it any longer.

We should also change the name of 'Masher One' because 'masher' is a synonym to 'hitter' which sounds like 'Hitler' and we don't want to offend anyone. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Let's assume this name gets changed.... not just in EU, but everywhere. Egyptians rewrite history books to rename the goddess Isis, etc, etc, etc.
Now you've given the assholes a new weapon: adopting a popular name to force everyone else to stop using it.
Next thing you know, terrorists will come up with acronyms to name themselves "Jesus", "chocolate", "Beyonce", or any other name that anyone likes and is popular in any way.

The terrorist group should be referred to as "daesh" instead. Kind of sounds like "douche", and when I was a kid, there was a similar word in french that meant "sperm wasted in a kleenex" that we used to insult each other.

Last edited:
Let's assume this name gets changed.... not just in EU, but everywhere. Egyptians rewrite history books to rename the goddess Isis, etc, etc, etc.
Now you've given the assholes a new weapon: adopting a popular name to force everyone else to stop using it.
Next thing you know, terrorists will come up with acronyms to name themselves "Jesus", "chocolate", "Beyonce", or any other name that anyone likes and is popular in any way.

I would be okay with them adopting Beyonce. She's the Kardashian of singers.. no talent.

But yea.. stop empowering the word. Don't be a snowflake. Be a manly man. (or woman :rolleyes:)

We were due for one of these threads though. :D

damn i voted no because i wanted no change but i should've voted yes. You tricked me! :dunce:

The media called those scums Isis.

As someone else mentioned, the better word for them is Daesh. (The scums even threatened to cut of the tongues of those calling them that).

I certainly do not think of those scum, when I use my Isis guns.

Last edited:

Wait 5 years and those waging war in the Middle East will be calling themselves something else.
(Hopefully not Omegaton ;) )

The gun names can remain as Mindark named them first.

Isil, Daesh.
Those names are more accurate & appropriate for them

Wait 5 years and those waging war in the Middle East will be calling themselves something else.
(Hopefully not Omegaton ;) )

The gun names can remain as Mindark named them first.
Megaton mafia got a ring to it

:scratch2: I seem to recall another thread with this exact same topic about 3-4 years ago.

Man, based on this theory of "the name of evil folks shouldn't be used ingame"...

I sure hope there's no evil guy named Max that gets too much recognition. You have any idea how many ava's will have to change their names. :eyecrazy:

Isis - ägyptian godess

This meaning is much older than this criminal organisation, so nothing wrong naming anything Isis imho.

Back