Developer Notes #11 - Loot 2.0

Oh my god...

Loot calculations "optimized"... for whom? I fear... I greatly fear.

And also: no more ammo in loot? Dammit, that sucks. I was quite happy that I could continue hunting longer than without it.

considering shrapnel has replaced it, you got a 1% bonus to your ammo loot

Bye? I mean it kind of sounds like you're trying to talk yourself into quitting or justifying being casual... neither of which you have to do but if you want to... go for it? :scratch2:

Nope. I am pointing out that these changes are going to hurt players which do not spend half their life online. It is going to hurt newbies. It is going to hurt people who just want to play a game, instead of having to go through MA University just to get a decent loot.

@Jetman: good point

My only thought on this, is that it can't possibly be any worse than it already is, so bring it on ?

I spoke too soon... It is like they removed ammo from loot, and didn't replace it with anything else. Worst returns ever, using the same old setup on the same old mobs. When is loot 3.0? :scratch2:

I spoke too soon... It is like they removed ammo from loot, and didn't replace it with anything else. Worst returns ever, using the same old setup on the same old mobs. When is loot 3.0? :scratch2:

Since they announced a change in loot system, using the same old setup on same mobs, is expected to have different results. Change the setup and change the mobs.

Reactions: DoA
Since they announced a change in loot system, using the same old setup on same mobs, is expected to have different results. Change the setup and change the mobs.

7 different mobs, insignificant armor/fap decay. Not a single 1-2 hour run gave me back enough ped for gun/amp decay. So yes, lets go out and buy all new gear in the hopes that it will help by some miracle. Or hunt year 1 mobs and try to have fun :eyecrazy:

I realize it's only the first day, but i feel i have the right to whine a bit here as the first impressions are nothing but pathetic.

7 different mobs, insignificant armor/fap decay. Not a single 1-2 hour run gave me back enough ped for gun/amp decay. So yes, lets go out and buy all new gear in the hopes that it will help by some miracle. Or hunt year 1 mobs and try to have fun :eyecrazy:

I realize it's only the first day, but i feel i have the right to whine a bit here as the first impressions are nothing but pathetic.

So far everyone I talked to (including myself) share that, i had the exact same feeling as u. Im out till next patch. Same mob, 10-15% less return than pre-VU, that is with skill mattering (or so they say) and im at L150 and using bigger buffs than did before on the same mob...

So MA kept their promise, ammo was removed from loot. However, that reduced the the tt return significantly, as ammo used to make up for 10%-20% of the tt returns. Should have read the initial announcement more carefully.

So MA kept their promise, ammo was removed from loot. However, that reduced the the tt return significantly, as ammo used to make up for 10%-20% of the tt returns. Should have read the initial announcement more carefully.

This is really the case?
Ah crap :( I hope not :(

Incorrect, ammo is replaced but other loot.

Incorrect, ammo is replaced but other loot.

That is not what I experienced in my hunt this morning when I examined my tt return. What I saw was ammo removed NOT replaced.

That is not what I experienced in my hunt this morning when I examined my tt return. What I saw was ammo removed NOT replaced.

i found no real change over my runs, 3 runs with total of 1k ped

using Ecotron 26b (L) with A103 and Corrosive Dagger+MT6/Fire Dagger+MT4

Droka 459ped cost 87.51% return (2 Globals)
Armax run 1 : 225ped cost 164.38% return (2 Globals)
Armax run 2 : 315ped cost 93.86% return

total 999.99 ped spent with 107.53% return

while it could have just been an up day for me following 2 days of losses (6 loss days from 10)

To early to say I guess, I also came from a pretty bad low...I have done 2k ped only and results are around 100%..

To me the lowest loot and the normal loot had the same value as before, but I saw significantly more 20-30ped loots..

And now you get way more shrapnel to convert per run and more free ammo that way..its great!

Last edited:

Kill more stuff. Ammo was replaced by shrapnel, I'm 100% sure (after 10-12k turnover in new VU). Not sure about the loot tho, too soon to tell. Maybe everyone had high expectations from the first mob, but I think we need a couple of weeks at least to draw a conclusion...

On one small run I saw 2/3 crapnel as loot on low level mobs with the return roughly what I was expecting but was this because of the bonus they've added and will it continue or slowly reduce over time.

Consistently getting 70-80% returns atm lol

Only cycled about 2k so far, but tried a few different setups on a variety of mobs. All setups were around 65-67% eco. All low-level mobs.

Currently at 68% return, my lowest since I started playing the game. On top of that, I'm only looting shrapnel and oils, so I can't make up anything with MU any more.

Prior to update I was sitting at 98% TT return, and 106% w/MU.

I guess I'm in the 2% who don't benefit from this update.

I was planning a large deposit for summer boxes, but this has just made the game completely un-fun for me, so I'll put my money elsewhere.

Way to go MindArk, you hit this one out of the park.

While loot TT doesn't feel that much different right now, I find myself dealing with what may be an unintended side effect.

As an avid ped cycler with not much buffer on my pedcard, I rely on a quick turnaround on loot to fund repairs etc. Previously, I could happily dump ammo (zero MU) into the TT and use the funds for repair. Now, with shrapnel making up a huge proportion of loot TT value, I find myself having to dump some to the TT in order to get cash for repairs.

As I said, I don't think my overall TT return is that different, but it now 'feels' like I am being forced to sacrifice that little bit of MU on some of the shrapnel to get my repair cash (and that makes me a little less happy than pre-VU) :(

Am I being weird or does anyone else have the same feeling?

Ff

I would think that the "pay back" compensation for misses etc will take ALOT longer to build up when using those tiny weapons and perhaps their size is not proportional to the mob HP..anyway just a though!

Soon you will probably make a revised:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?273519-How-To-Survive!

PS. Should probably mark that one as "under review" at this time :)

Why revise when I can leave the game? :)

Nothing in Loot 2:0 changed apart from stupid loot distributions.

Why revise when I can leave the game? :)

Nothing in Loot 2:0 changed apart from stupid loot distributions.

Because first rule of survival is to be able to adapt. :)

As I said, I don't think my overall TT return is that different, but it now 'feels' like I am being forced to sacrifice that little bit of MU on some of the shrapnel to get my repair cash (and that makes me a little less happy than pre-VU) :(

Ff

I think you are a little bit weird :ahh:
Personally I really like the shrapnel vs ammo. If this change would have been implemented since Jan 1st, I would have saved ~4500 PED from that 1% from extra shrapnel :D
If before you would have looted in one run 1200 PED in Shrapnel and 700 PED in Ammo, you now get 1900 in shrapnel but you will need around 500 for repairs so you're actually gaining a bit of MU on what's left, 200 PED that you now get in shrapnel. It feel weird to have to explain this, no?

And no, melee should not be changed to use UA or shrapnel. Ranged weapons use ammunition, melee weapons use pure decay for damage. Sorry San. There are players that make use of this by switching to ranged to consume the shrapnel. Maybe you should try this too.

And no, melee should not be changed to use UA or shrapnel. Ranged weapons use ammunition, melee weapons use pure decay for damage. Sorry San. There are players that make use of this by switching to ranged to consume the shrapnel. Maybe you should try this too.

I could go either way. I like San's idea, but I have adopted the dual-weapon approach. I have a pistol setup that is equal in eco and dps to my knife setup so I can cycle my own shrapnel and still hunt the same. It also means I get 101% for my shrap, and I don't have to sit around trying to sell it.

Not that any of this matters since both setups seem to not work for me any longer on any mob. :laugh:

I realize ammo is no longer in loot, but if fewer items are dropping as well, MU is going higher. Already noticed fewer mid-level (L) weapons in AU. could be coincidence or maybe planned?

Because first rule of survival is to be able to adapt. :)

Yes probably MA is trying to adapt to wishes and needs of their customers in hope to keep existing customers and to get new ones.
One thing that they mentioned in past announcements (road maps) was their effort to change their orientation versus casual players.
Maybe to force actual player base and also future casual customers to constant changes and adaptation where players learn on own mistakes and pay for it - is the key in MA formula of success.

Hunting loot is now more shrapnel and no ammo = more MU (101%)

Those who are complaining they are having a much worse time.....If you continue to hunt the same mobs with the same equipment, you need to adapt. Try different weapons, try different armours.

It feels like the old PE, where we were trying to find the best setup for different mobs.

Stop using Gremlin for all mobs *rolleyes*...

Once you find the 'sweet' spot, you WILL see a difference. Small, but a difference all the same.

While loot TT doesn't feel that much different right now, I find myself dealing with what may be an unintended side effect.

As an avid ped cycler with not much buffer on my pedcard, I rely on a quick turnaround on loot to fund repairs etc. Previously, I could happily dump ammo (zero MU) into the TT and use the funds for repair. Now, with shrapnel making up a huge proportion of loot TT value, I find myself having to dump some to the TT in order to get cash for repairs.

Ff

I am all for painting MA in the red when they deserve so but this simply does not make sense. All resellers/hunters would happily be buying shrapnel @ 100.5 or more and not sure how to classify your NEED to TT it.

Back