Developer Notes #11 - Loot 2.0

So loot like this is coming back?

8YnFPlm.jpg

Acronoid seems to be in a similar situation. 75% return. Maybe we belong to the 2% that get screwed by this update :scratch2:

2% might be all the people who logged in and 98% were those that didn't. :)

Sweet, going back to the days of old when HoFs meant weapons and armor instead of ammo.

I have HOFed and gotten nothing but shrap and oil. Some loots that were hard to get in loot 1.0 feel almost impossible to get now as well. I could spend weeks hunting atrox and get bio ID chips and I have not seen a single one drop since loot 2.0. Maybe loot got switched around who knows I have to kill hundreds of bristlehogs to get 5 short stinktree boards as well. It seems like the system is happier throwing shrapnel back instead of other loot in a way that is nice(you can generally hunt longer) but overall I see less interesting loot and more shrap that feels just like BLP/Cells used to feel(aside from having a MU).

I too feel that we need some free in game activities that new players can do. I wouldn't mind them paying out some universal ammo even so that new players can hunt or mine eventually. These new activities would need to be something that can't be done while AFK in my opinion as well as we see in OLA 42, neas, and boreas AFK sweat groups there is no real interaction between players. Every thriving game needs a player base and activities you want people logged in (and actually at their computers) that are seeing the globals and think boy I want to go do that. That is how we get gamers into the game and retain them.

I have HOFed and gotten nothing but shrap and oil. Some loots that were hard to get in loot 1.0 feel almost impossible to get now as well. I could spend weeks hunting atrox and get bio ID chips and I have not seen a single one drop since loot 2.0. Maybe loot got switched around who knows I have to kill hundreds of bristlehogs to get 5 short stinktree boards as well. It seems like the system is happier throwing shrapnel back instead of other loot in a way that is nice(you can generally hunt longer) but overall I see less interesting loot and more shrap that feels just like BLP/Cells used to feel(aside from having a MU).

I too feel that we need some free in game activities that new players can do. I wouldn't mind them paying out some universal ammo even so that new players can hunt or mine eventually. These new activities would need to be something that can't be done while AFK in my opinion as well as we see in OLA 42, neas, and boreas AFK sweat groups there is no real interaction between players. Every thriving game needs a player base and activities you want people logged in (and actually at their computers) that are seeing the globals and think boy I want to go do that. That is how we get gamers into the game and retain them.

Kerbies used to be the go to mob when I wanted to see swirlies. Unfortunately they just dont seem to pop like they used before this change,at least not like they used. I could loot a calytrec in roughly about every 1000 kills not to mention heal chips, and those worthless swords. In fact, it seems like everything i start enjoying in game they just keep smashing with every vu. And does anyone still team swunt ambu's. Im getting off topic tbis game just feels less and less what i enjoyed every year.

I feel either people are making mountains out of molehills when it comes to Loot 2.0... or the joke used to be on me before. :scratch2:

The one thing I've noticed is yes: less globals, and it's probably a mere psychological effect but the lack of no-looters also drives me to stick around longer. My actual returns have remained mostly the same, if not slightly improved, except the time it takes for me to see an uptick has greatly reduced so instead of having five runs with -50, -50, -50, -50 and then +190 for a net -10 loss I'm getting results more along -10, 0, +15, -10, 0 for a net -5 loss. Sure enough, my sample size is tiny but that's something I'd be more willing to endure in the long term.

I'm a bit late on this one but there has been a change, but not the kind of change that impacts most players. The change does nerf high efficiency, high cycle players (10ks$ investments and cycle rates). But for average hunting it should not have a significant impact, assuming a reasonably efficient set up.

At the beginning of the 2.0 rather good change, so I started to redeposing good amounts,bad choice :laugh: 3 weeks correct then MA repassed me in the 2% :rolleyes::laugh:

Even weapon condition
week 1 : +500ped
week 2 : -1200ped
week 3 : +1100ped
week 4 : -2300ped

I notice that when I deposit + $ 50 (100/200) I always finish at 500ped within 2 / 3days max, however if I deposit $ 50 I manage to hold a week if I make the effort to be clever :yup:

Gl

I feel the timing of implementing loot 2.0 was rather unfortunate.

Lotsa folks lose lotsa money during migration. That doesn't seem to have changed from pre to post 2.0.

Lost my ass as well and now stop cycling and depositing for a while. It's just too krass.

But I'm still not entirely convinced what exactly is going wrong so badly, the changes resulting from 2.0 or just the choice of activity (or possibly the combo).

Yet instinctively I rather blame 2.0 and i'm pretty sure many others do too.

This will always be the most awesome loot window in Entropias history :D

Because at the time the people who built the project thought it like a game, as in any game you have a real reward for your ingame hours :) , now you have a small piece swinging by an ogre who will take it back x10

This will always be the most awesome loot window in Entropias history :D

Love it, it's got everything. Remember when you looted UL items in full condition :yay:

So...I'm assuming people have contacted support about this stuff. Has anyone gotten any type of feedback in response to their issues with 2.0?

I'm a bit late on this one but there has been a change, but not the kind of change that impacts most players. The change does nerf high efficiency, high cycle players (10ks$ investments and cycle rates). But for average hunting it should not have a significant impact, assuming a reasonably efficient set up.

This is very wrong. Average hunting is highly volatile because of short (by comparison) cycles, budgets etc. Whatever affects a high roller will affect an average hunter multiplied.

Well good luck MA i have not been active here for years and i will never be so more.

Well good luck MA i have not been active here for years and i will never be so more.

I've heard the exact same quote so many times since 2013 when I joined.
Now the questions would be, will you be back late 2018 or somewhere in 2019?

Last edited:
Now the questions would be, will you be back late 2017 or somewhere in 2018?

Is he a time traveller? ;)

Now the questions would be, will you be back late 2018 or somewhere in 2019?

Only few remebers EU at time when it was ok loot wise, like Sir Valentin...and still posting. Instead of laughing at him look at his former posts.

Like when Korss 400 (L) came, you could hunt corn with Korss 400 (L) and loot new guns and sell the extra ones at 170% MU, it was pretty much impossible not to make profit hunting like that, people that was using old school UL stuff was probably the ones paying for it :laugh: but as most good things it did not last for long.

Only few remebers EU at time when it was ok loot wise, like Sir Valentin...and still posting. Instead of laughing at him look at his former posts.

I am not laughing at him.I don't know him.Never spoke with him.I will not look at his former posts because I have no interest to do so.I have nothing to learn from old posts back in 2001 to help me onward in my hunting activity.Things have changed many times since then.
I am reading constantly what people post in here and I have very good memory.Since octomber 2013 I summarize his posts into the same category.Constantly bitching about Mindark and that fact that he is going to quit for numerous times, some shadow armor he got or selling his account if I remember correctly involving evade worth of 7k $ ~
If you want to quit just quit.I don't want to taste your failure.I don't want to read about it.

I have given this loot system a bit of time to try out and all I have to say at the moment is that I'm so disappointed in the current loot system. When loot 1.0 existed over a year had 90% TT return, since loot 2.0 im only at 60%. This only counting ammo and gun cost, shrapnel always converted, not including healer and armor, which I sometimes also use.

Once I got over the nice glitz of ever creature dropping loot (which was a nice feeling at the start) after the first month notice I was under a lot more usual, I bushed it up to the new system still being tweaked still here and there. A few months down the line I had a nice global chunky global and was hoping my luck would change, but even then I maxed out at 70% returns at the end of that month.

I must note, that nothing has changed in my play style at all, I'm mainly a trader on Entropia so when I hunt nowadays I tend to do it for fun (Iknow things change over time in entropia due to tweaks and updates), but I still keep track of all my costs and returns when hunting. I personally do not need to hunt to do well in entropia. (And I could just simply be on an unlucky one)

As I own a good chunk of deeds on Entropia, its not just about "I want to profitz", its more about how everyone else see the product you are invested in. I like to see everyone who plays this game to be happy even when under.
I would like to see the general average return to go back up again, or one of 2 things will happen, and I dont see the prices of loot going up to 120% on common items any time soon XD... (And like I said again: I could just simply be on an unlucky one)

(Also a bit a quarrel over pets too atm, but thats not for here and still on a wait and see for that...)

I am one of the oldies in Entropia, and love the game still, so it wouldn't be right for me to not say something to help improve something that I love even more. So there is my two cent on the matter...

60%... you doing something wrong...

I have given this loot system a bit of time to try out and all I have to say at the moment is that I'm so disappointed in the current loot system. When loot 1.0 existed over a year had 90% TT return, since loot 2.0 im only at 60%. This only counting ammo and gun cost, shrapnel always converted, not including healer and armor, which I sometimes also use.

Once I got over the nice glitz of ever creature dropping loot (which was a nice feeling at the start) after the first month notice I was under a lot more usual, I bushed it up to the new system still being tweaked still here and there. A few months down the line I had a nice global chunky global and was hoping my luck would change, but even then I maxed out at 70% returns at the end of that month.

I must note, that nothing has changed in my play style at all, I'm mainly a trader on Entropia so when I hunt nowadays I tend to do it for fun (Iknow things change over time in entropia due to tweaks and updates), but I still keep track of all my costs and returns when hunting. I personally do not need to hunt to do well in entropia. (And I could just simply be on an unlucky one)

As I own a good chunk of deeds on Entropia, its not just about "I want to profitz", its more about how everyone else see the product you are invested in. I like to see everyone who plays this game to be happy even when under.
I would like to see the general average return to go back up again, or one of 2 things will happen, and I dont see the prices of loot going up to 120% on common items any time soon XD... (And like I said again: I could just simply be on an unlucky one)

(Also a bit a quarrel over pets too atm, but thats not for here and still on a wait and see for that...)

I am one of the oldies in Entropia, and love the game still, so it wouldn't be right for me to not say something to help improve something that I love even more. So there is my two cent on the matter...

60%... you doing something wrong...

According to the tracker he does not hunt, mine or craft, so his loot returns must come from sweating or collecting stones and fruits. Unless he only hunts in teams, which always had moddy returns.

My two cents....I see absolutely no difference except that my global rate went signifacantly down compared to money cycled. In the old system I got a global about every 30 small atrox killed, now its 160. Returns have more or less stayed the same, except that the bad returns seem too last longer than before.
In the "old" days one could break a bad streak simply by cycling more and was normally broken after around 5-6k cycled, now I need around 20k.
..but then again...lower medium level players like me had allways been complaining about that...
Could be that my level is simply too high to cycle like tha good old days and too low to have a gun that enables me to cylce according to my level. All went downhill after unlocking Coolness and will probably stay that way until I unlock Commando.

TT return slightly higher, more swingy, bad spells are really bad. Which explains a lot of casual small time hunters feeling like theyre getting such bad returns, but over decent samples evens out consistently. Loot composition does seem to change with setups too, once you adapt to changes its not too bad, definately a bit less punishing to people who do sub optimal stuff.

Last edited:
Back