Developer Notes #11 - Loot 2.0

<- still wait minning 2.5 and craft 3.0(full overhaul)

If they bring back regular decent size hofs eg. 20k peds on atrox you will see a lot of players you thought had died irl return to playing regularly I reckon.

NO. Just. NO. No one wants to see 4k peds snables except the noob that gets it. It makes absolutely no sense and turns EU into one massive, senseless slot machine where the payout does not in any way relate to the cost to play!!! Nonono.

NO. Just. NO. No one wants to see 4k peds snables except the noob that gets it. It makes absolutely no sense and turns EU into one massive, senseless slot machine where the payout does not in any way relate to the cost to play!!! Nonono.

How about imp2870 snabbles?

How about 400,000PED punies... how about 1 billion peds? Seems legit. People seem to think mobs just magically manufacture peds. What do you think this game is full of? Neverdie handjob tokens (NDC)?

How about 400,000PED punies... how about 1 billion peds? Seems legit. People seem to think mobs just magically manufacture peds. What do you think this game is full of? Neverdie handjob tokens (NDC)?

I jest. My reference to one mythical day after a release there was a rumor that a noob shot a snabble and got an imp2870 drop, apparently it was raining imp2870s so everyone went on a crazy snabble slaughterfest. I killed many snabbles that day and didn't get a imp2870, still not sure if anyone did. :laugh:

A profession level requirement will be introduced for non-(L) armors. Meeting the required level results in the armor offering full protection at all condition values. If the profession requirement is not met, armor works as before, with protection decreasing relative to condition.

RIP off for all ppl that need protection and payed a hell of money for armors

When MA stop to destroy every market with L new Faps etc...

First remove everything that we get for free /Skills, Speed, HP Recovery, low Mob Recovery to introduce later back that ppl have to pay if they want with pills or items.

New 2350 2600 give in one years more skills i can earn with my adj in 30 years

And all your changes make skills worthless now you want implement a system that ppl need those skills to use something because selling them is worthless too

Last edited:
A profession level requirement will be introduced for non-(L) armors. Meeting the required level results in the armor offering full protection at all condition values. If the profession requirement is not met, armor works as before, with protection decreasing relative to condition.

First remove everything that we get for free /Skills, Speed, HP Recovery, low Mob Recovery to introduce later back that ppl have to pay if they want with pills or items.

And all your changes make skills worthless now you want implement a system that ppl need those skills to use something because selling them is worthless too

uh... armor is going to work the same, if not better actually.... yeah, actually armor is getting buff... not sure what your complaint is.

you don't understand.He want free stuff like spoiled kids back in the days of 2006.
Now they blame the game instead of themselves.

In fact, we have always blamed the game instead of ourselves ;) These changes that are described as loot 2.0 seems exciting, but many of us old players are sceptical and scarred.

If this was Mindark that worked on Project Entropia it would have been scary as well, but at least we would have known that the changes was (partly) for increasing entertainment value, even if it also was about increasing their income. It felt more like Mindarks focus was on the players those days, not 100% their own benefits. Look at all the additions last years webshop, rings, pets and general increased cost to play. At first it could seen as increasing players eco and make the game easier to break even, but it only decreases avg loot return and forces the players to invest in new buffs to even have a hope to break even, and thus increasing the cost to play.

Nearly every single addition the last two years have only penalized the players and forcing them to pay for new items which was unneccesary before. So with that in mind, these changes are quite terrifying. Especially since we "spoiled old players" have seen Mindark break the game mechanisms countless of VUs before, losing countless of peds due to bugs and crashes, to only retrieve a "sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.." and nothing else.

doing inventory of blueprints lately... hopefully many more Armor Feet bps will be coming in to the game?

EU needs to change, there's no doubt about it, to survive, grow and evolve change is mandatory. As with any change, many are fearing it, some will like it, others won't ... some will profit out of it, most won't :rolleyes: ...

What I do appreciate is that they did communicate the upcoming high level changes, something that's new compared to the past. I'm certain there were significant changes done to the game in the past as well (mining nerf 2 years back for example), just they were done in a silent manner.

where is the petition to shut this down?! you people sure were quick enough when neverdie had a much better idea! :mad: I'm losing trust in this playerbase. what we need is a united front against ma ruining the game wholesale. loot based on individual factors is bound to ruin the game, there's no way around that. that idea has to DIE

where is the petition to shut this down?! you people sure were quick enough when neverdie had a much better idea! :mad: I'm losing trust in this playerbase. what we need is a united front against ma ruining the game wholesale. loot based on individual factors is bound to ruin the game, there's no way around that. that idea has to DIE

Neverdie had a good idea?

Please point me in the direction of this good idea.

did you have a stroke or something? the loot always was dependant on the players items and decay and it might also already be bound to other stuff we just dont know. they are just more openly advertising how the loot worked anyway and are increasing the old system a bit. and getting rid of the fucking wave system shit is overdue.
this might be the first good change that MA has done since like forever. pretty much everything would be better than what we have now.

and seriously? ND a good idea? he is the biggest moron in this whole game and he should have had a good idea? i doubt that

did you have a stroke or something? the loot always was dependant on the players items and decay and it might also already be bound to other stuff we just dont know. they are just more openly advertising how the loot worked anyway and are increasing the old system a bit. and getting rid of the fucking wave system shit is overdue.
this might be the first good change that MA has done since like forever. pretty much everything would be better than what we have now.

and seriously? ND a good idea? he is the biggest moron in this whole game and he should have had a good idea? i doubt that

Why so much hatred against neverdie? Personally I have nothing against him.
He may have been a little too abused on the fact of becoming rich in the game after CND but if not nothing more.
It is rather MA has blamed to have incited with super rich players.
Once the wave neverdie fell back, they put back a layer with the unknown Alan Krom Alan 300kped :laugh: everything is possible or not :dunce:
If it goes on we go to have 1 new player has 500kped and the others in the process of lol
In the end it is not even MA has blamed, it is us even to be awake a little too late in the year to tell them that it becomes of shit

I jest. My reference to one mythical day after a release there was a rumor that a noob shot a snabble and got an imp2870 drop, apparently it was raining imp2870s so everyone went on a crazy snabble slaughterfest. I killed many snabbles that day and didn't get a imp2870, still not sure if anyone did. :laugh:

Not sure about snables, but on that day (after MA announced that more stuff will drop), lots of stuff indeed dropped. And on wake of that event too. I got those nice double HoFs (1200 ped and ~400ped few minutes after) on calamusoid female with ML-45s and then I've been running with my maddox shooting traxes like mad and looted like 10 ML-35s in 3 days which allowed me finally buy imp mk2 hehe.

Reactions: Mac

The upcoming Armor level requirement was known about, it got added to the armor info about a year ago but was disabled, so we knew it was becoming and honestly this sounds like a buff for meeting the requirement not a punishment for not meeting it.

i still await the ring decay and the fallout that follows

I loved those, I got an ARR8000M from a berycled young during that short vu that quickly was followed by a patch..

Just wanted to say thank you for listening, This is potentially great news. I had been taking a break after some seriously illogical returns. Returns got so bad, I even seriously have been contemplating opening a court case in Sweden over it. This seems to address most of the concerns I had regarding the game today. We shall see how it implements but this is such good news to see they are actually going to work toward a new balance.

Thanks again, for listening, and for acting on the game in a critical area that isn't just fluff. We might actually have an influx of players again.

If they bring back regular decent size hofs eg. 20k peds on atrox you will see a lot of players you thought had died irl return to playing regularly I reckon.

While here is a good joke about your statement,
:laugh:

I think exactly that volatility is what erased the old playerbase, acustomed to having some 1-2k from time to time.

Aside from that, the single point which I am slightly worried and where I think they could fail the worst is influence of skill and what they consider "specialization" and how team hunts / shared events / unofficial team hunt (someone shooting "for free" the mob to 49%) / etc could influence.

Those being said, I must salute MA for talking in advance about this. It is, to my knowledge, the first time ever happened and a welcame step.

Now, bitches (MA, that is), show me yours so I can show you my ViSA :tongue2:

/regards,
K.

I think exactly that volatility is what erased the old playerbase, acustomed to having some 1-2k from time to time.
Hi there, Kernam. I see promises of loot have bumped you too.
But, you know, what turned me off from EU was not exactly loot distribution alone. It was combination of things like LIES about ATM card replacement, the lack of RAINBOW LOOTS, the need to keep certain hunting patterns (have to choose between actually doing the job at work or continue hunting/FU BOSS session at work until get satisfactory results), fukken PhysX update, loot lags, fap<->gun switching lag/stuck (breaks naked hunting), day/night cycle, fukken CE update with machine generated hills and ditches, zero shits given by MA about bugs and people exploiting them @ hunting, iron confidence in PED insolvency which leads to certain patterns in the loot with regard of current&projected deposit minus withdrawal amounts.

you don't understand.He want free stuff like spoiled kids back in the days of 2006.
Now they blame the game instead of themselves.

Not free stuff, I paid my way! Also I didn't join PE early enough to get any of the ridiculously cheap faps and weapons etc.

But back then if you were, say, 40k peds down on hunting over a few months you'd at least know you had a decent chance of a double-figure HoF to claw some of it back.

Hunting was just more exciting then because of the bigger HoFs.

Anyone care to translate this into something meaningful or something that makes sense? :scratch2:

Here: Link

And then you still have people complaining, 20k Peds??? They could make 20 noobs 1000peds happy.

And your goal in life is...?
I mean, what are you doing here?

Reactions: Mac
I look forward the Evade/Dodge 2.0, the day moving around the mob will actually matter and help the Loot 2.0 in your killing efficiency.

Funny days ahead, looking forward to the change and how it may affect us all

Everyone wearing all their unlimited armors down to near zero tt should be a nice little cash infusion into the game (if it will be compensated in loot as this says).

I have a suspicion what this "Battle Simulator" is for, which so seemingly has nothing to do with the main game. Brilliant.
:computer:

Hi there, Kernam. I see promises of loot have bumped you too.
But, you know, what turned me off from EU was not exactly loot distribution alone. It was combination of things like LIES about ATM card replacement, the lack of RAINBOW LOOTS, the need to keep certain hunting patterns (have to choose between actually doing the job at work or continue hunting/FU BOSS session at work until get satisfactory results), fukken PhysX update, loot lags, fap<->gun switching lag/stuck (breaks naked hunting), day/night cycle, fukken CE update with machine generated hills and ditches, zero shits given by MA about bugs and people exploiting them @ hunting, iron confidence in PED insolvency which leads to certain patterns in the loot with regard of current&projected deposit minus withdrawal amounts.

Hey man :) Yes and no, they bumped me but it's the friends who make the bump real. I agree with most of your points, particularly I will *never* understand why this Barbie graphics was needed and what was wrong with the old engine, that alone took away half of the atmosphere.

However, there are some things: 12 years and I am still interested. More years for you and obviously still interested. There is, always was and always will be huge potential in PE. Big steps have been already taken in the correct direction: very good tutorials, vehicles, missions, deflation of skills' value, legit autoclicking, banning high profiles who didn't knew their limits, accessible fap solutions, working MF and for sure I am forgetting a bundle.

I know and I remember very well the JWT & Marco period (couldn't care less who was more guilty) with all those phantasmagorias which would have better stayed as plans and never make it public if didn't had a workable serious solution (ATM card is a great example, one of those things which could make PE a giant in comparison with EVE for instance). Or SEE deal. Advertising revenues. Or various farting sales. Or the various nerfs which were just put out and communicated so badly along the time.

For me is visible that MA is in a different management period now (even if same persons), they became more mature themselves and letting go of loot volatility and 10s-of-k$ items were leaps of faith which I think payed out.

For me, no matter the outcome (almost no matter), this announcement and the transparency associated is a promise for a different mentality, where there will be no more silly trumpets each three months but instead actual serious persistent work with a plan in mind. I am very curious of course where this loot philosophy will lead. I will never leave PE, but is a difference between the occasional 3D chat and some low level hunting and something more dedicated, so it's up to them really.

If it can be a decent experience for the player who has 3hrs now and maybe 10hrs then but for sure not 14 hrs each day, fine. If not, I actually have not enough time for how many games I can p(l)ay instead.

i dont know why everyone assumes that you will get punished for killing low end mobs with high skills. that doesnt make any sense and wont be the case. it lot more likely is that you get punished for hunting over your level ineffeciently which basically is already the case. i dont think the change and the impact of skills will be huge.

to be fair MA said that skills matter since the beginning of time although skills dont matter a single shit after ur weapon / tool / bp is maxed. any excess skill has no impact.

This:

Loot value calculations and the composition of the items in loot will be affected by properly matching avatar skills and gear to the creature being hunted, rewarding efficient kills with more interesting loot. For optimal loot, it will be important to avoid inefficiencies such as low damage output compared to creature health, excessive time and cost to kill, overkill damage, unmaxed weapons and other factors. This system is intended to reward game knowledge, which has traditionally been an important and unique aspect of success in Entropia Universe, and to provide opportunities for participants to improve their loot returns via experimentation, optimization and specialization.

Which, by the way, overkill is already an inefficiency punishment... surely they don't plan to further that...

This:

Which, by the way, overkill is already an inefficiency punishment... surely they don't plan to further that...

That doesnt mean that high skills will lead to penalty for killing mobs under your level, it would be suicide for ma to prevent a lvl 50 from killing kerbs or nusul. Its more likely to stop lvl20s killing prots and big tide claws

Back