Developer Notes #11 - Loot 2.0

Fantastic news :yay:

This is a very promising step in the right direction :D. I look forward to seeing my economy rating for some of my gear :laugh:

Having mostly turned my back on hunting over the last few years (because of terrible returns), I wonder how this update will effect crafting.

dont dream noobs u will still need to invest in gear , that was alway your problem lol

Will be standing by on this when it does come out and will be interesting, but for now & through inception:

ufo.jpg

... a range of improvements to various other systems with an eye toward lowering costs and increasing enjoyment for all Entropians

Good, I suppose many entropians can't afford a small fortune to play on their level. So they quitted.
Best thing to ever happen if it becomes more affordable to play and make the peddies longer lasting.

I am happy to hear that seasoned hunters will be much compensated for staying and putting in the time and money into this.

I just hope this don't turn out to a new era of chipping. Being able to chip in to a garanteed profit.

I also really like the bonus loot pool thingy. Taking a cut from PVP, skill misses and special events. Does that mean that we who don't participate in todays "special events" has been hurt non stop while the events are ongoing?

But one thing I wonder is if the TT machine will continue to be my best friend as a hunter.
It is really not very stimulating having a quick look at your loot and then just realize it's just TT food.
It has always been the most stimulating part of playing PE/EU, to keep track of markups and being able to sell it. Hopefully the new loot mechanics will fix this and there will be an actual demand for loot.

And my last sympathy goes out to the Entropedians. Will this be a R.I.P. for Entropedia?
To me it sounds like a majestic overhaul of the eco info on all items. Will that happen?
If we want to still use Entropedia I guess we all have to step up and help gathering new info.

Last edited:

• This system is intended to reward game knowledge, which has traditionally been an important and unique aspect of success in Entropia Universe, and to provide opportunities for participants to improve their loot returns via experimentation, optimization and specialization.

There we go, now learn the game ;)
ECO on paper is not the complete story..
Think this is a good moment for me to crawl back under my rock.

Have fun and good luck out there.

[h=2]Developer Notes #11 - Loot 2.0[/h]
Loot Changes

I was literally reading this and saying "Wow" out loud after almost every line. This looks like the biggest change in the game since, maybe, the skill nerf. Certainly since EP crafting. Is this what they were doing instead of Space? If so, I guess I need to cut them some slack.

"Loot calculations will be optimized and improved to better factor in the various costs associated with hunting activity, including: healing, ammo consumption, buffs, tool and armor deterioration, attachments, and more."

So, after all these years the place of armor decay in loot theories is confirmed. Going forward, at least. And healing. And attachments.

"A special hunting bonus pool will be implemented that will distribute funds from various sources, including skill misses, PVP, marketing and special events, which will improve overall loot returns for all participants."

This is certainly welcome. I wonder where the PvP and unmaxed misses were going before.

"A new Economy rating parameter [...] will provide the design team with more freedom to release exciting and interesting items with a wider range of damage output and special effects."

More interesting play is good. And if they include visual special effects it could help the Twitch streams.

"Avatar skills will play a role in loot calculations and this role will be expanded in future Version Updates."

Well, they do need to incentivize skilling. This is one way to do it.

"MindArk has been monitoring the community discussions concerning so-called 'loot waves' and will implement changes in the Loot 2.0 and subsequent Version Updates [...]"

This. This is the big one. This was the single most important change to make to the game, and I really thought it was too embedded in the Crytek engine or the Swedish gaming laws to do it. Forget EP crafting, this was (is) the cancer eating away at the game. Fixing loot waves will level the playing field for MU hunters and allow more mid-range players to break even or lose less at a cost to a few farmers. This will benefit the game more than any other change they could make, and that's saying something.

"Ammunition will be removed from hunting loot. This change has been requested by many participants over the years and will assist participants in more accurately tracking their results."

Well, I don't mind it, and it'll make some people happy. Personally, I hope it's replaced with shrapnel, but whatever.

"Loot value calculations and the composition of the items in loot will be affected by properly matching avatar skills and gear to the creature being hunted, rewarding efficient kills with more interesting loot. For optimal loot, it will be important to avoid inefficiencies such as low damage output compared to creature health, excessive time and cost to kill, overkill damage, unmaxed weapons and other factors. This system is intended to reward game knowledge, which has traditionally been an important and unique aspect of success in Entropia Universe, and to provide opportunities for participants to improve their loot returns via experimentation, optimization and specialization."

This could be a lot of things, but one thing it looks like is reincentivizing ubers and other high-level hunters to hunt high-maturity mobs. It could also be a move to force bankroll management onto players. I do wonder how this will affect team hunting. I think I know how it'll affect shared loot mobs.

"Also in the Loot 2.0 Version Update will be a range of improvements to various other systems with an eye toward lowering costs and increasing enjoyment for all Entropians."

I'll be waiting to see what these are. Hopefully some things to boost tailoring and bring down pet costs. Maybe un-frontload event drops, if that's a thing that really happens.

And armor changes.

I guess my biggest concern is how this will affect the gear I have invested in so far, if the system changes from DPP to this new 1-100 system, will my high dpp items still retain their advantage?

Would like more information, I bet some people are concerned how this affects their thousands of dollars of investment in high DPP items lol.

I agee, but there is no need for the LOL in the end. I Will be very pissed frankly if the gear i have spent a fortune on losses it's edge.

read it again theres no changes to est

looks like you need to read better. it says EVERY armor now protects vs everything for at least 0,1 point. which means EST will always decay when tanking mobs like trilomite or similar. so its a huge change to ESTs effectiveness

looks like you need to read better. it says EVERY armor now protects vs everything for at least 0,1 point. which means EST will always decay when tanking mobs like trilomite or similar. so its a huge change to ESTs effectiveness

You are misreading/misinterpreting that bit.

Whereas previously, if armour offered full protection, u still took 1 pt of damage. Now you will only take 0.1.
If you are hitting a 100% impact mob, and u have no impact protection, u will still take full damage with no decay.

WOW!
This sounds very good i must say:wtg:
I will wait and se how it will turn out but i realy hope it will be half as good as it sounds atleast :eyecrazy:

my 2 cents

not looking bad but never forget we still have to pay for the game in the end, its just redistribution.

Tip: take all gear and so on out of hunting loot. Make it all craftable with L blueprints (important, no unlimiteds because then you make it monopolizable).

You will have markups again for everyone and every profession will be more interesting.

Also make the auction more available for noobs.

And prepare for huge shitstorms.

looks like pretty much every test made before Loot 2.0 change needs to be redone. which is a good thing imo.

for example it might be better to hunt with armor than without, even if you could do the mob easily without armor.
it might be more profitable to hutn a 300 hp mob with level 100 hunting skill level rather than with level 20 hunting skill level, even though both use the same gun maxed and same armor armor.
most interesting factor will be how much the dpp helps against dps or the other way around. for example a nearly zero regen mob with high dpp and lower dps vs higher dps and lower dpp. do both give the same return or will eventually be dps better? and when is the changing point? looks like lots and lots of tests need to be done.

bonus hunting pool was introduced in like... 2008 or so? i cant remember. they added advertisement screens with real life ads which should boost the hunting returns. i think that never really worked so i hope this time it will work.

with unmaxed weapon misses money going into that bonus pool means that everyone using imk2 unmaxed at least produces a little bit for the bonus pool for the others. same with all others using unmaxed weapons.

this might revive mindforce hunting a bit dependign on the eco factor values given to the chips apart from the TEN series.

also every item value might change drastically which leads to gambling on item buys right now.

And prepare for huge shitstorms.

Well they are around always, we all have to deal with some MU losses now and then.

I would call this an eyeopener for alot of people, but ofc we do not all have the same playstyle, so some will care and some not.

If there will be more loot for 98% guess where that money will come from.

They could only hire Bernie Sanders half-time, which is why it reads "98%" and not "99% and 1%".

Removal of ammo from loot is good, everything else is self-contradictory in one way or another. "98%" or "dedicated and active hunters" - that's "two big differences". The same with "rewarding knowledge" while dumbing down things at the same time.

Sorry for sounding abit sceptic :)
But i feel they had plenty of time to do this already, and now they do theese changes NOT because they are kind to the players (theyve ignored giving info, and helped against ingame system bugs that costed players money before) BUT because they now have to - to keep players interested to continue to play....
They once again publish something that should peak our carrot interest like so many times before, i do hope i am wrong. My time in entropia has been very fun, but ive quitted due to so many reasons. And now again they introduce the golden goose 2.0 :p

Thanks

Sound amazing. Huh, good shot of optimism. First impressive thing is depth of modeling – up to 98% of current variance included. With this I could see ignition/initial wish/offer to normalize relations/interests among up to 98% EU habitants and I’m sure talk is about to push us to more friendly relations, to care about each other, to hear each other, to serve each other, to think about origins of our profits (when we will have it, think on what for players pay it to us), to grow our abilities to communicate, be proud part of EU community. More careful, more clear relations [after new principles, rules, norms known] will be fair source of higher trust on us (p2p, p2MA), better selector and that adds to communication what will mean higher activity/flow and higher plan builder on us (new investments of time, mood and material). My optimism comes from principles, rules, variance trusted/opened to us. I’m sure we will have fun to read subtle further details through our research with friends, team mates, business partners, enjoy new abilities and invest into new relations, worth to offer services.
Bugs, corrections during implementation for sure will happen – I will offer my peace and patience – and I’m sure it won’t darken horizons on building attractive EU community, attractive not just for us but also for outer world. :D It looks I will be tempted to revive and invest more time and money as well as share my good mood with you and search for best suppliers of it. Good mood - it’s most attractive product I was searching to “purchase” and extract it to my real life media…
Thanks for trilling news, for optimism you have and good luck on our path! (optimism is next good product to distribute besides good mood! )

P.S. Armors were/are my favorite and so far these were almost the only gear not having skill (?) requirements. Skill requirements are good to have on any gear even for just very initial question for us to resolve – “why these exist?” :D It’s start of descend into communication, rise of researcher, birth of helper, mentor, big brother, friend. We will have our local solutions to this primary question and will adapt results/knowledge. I have been researching many new technologies at various angles EU habitants look – skill requirement looks healthy on long run. Another of many positives to mentioned above – it helps us to estimate our location (different meanings of “location”), to have details when modeling our life.

I'm skeptically optimistic. After all, this is MA we are dealing with here. Its not like we haven't trusted them only to be disappointed many times in the past.

I like to grind and skill and punch above my weight class. That's how I have fun. I know its not efficient. I don't care. I can afford it. This last update introducing that stupid death timer is a bad sign for me. I will not be happy if I log in and can't hunt because I don't have enough skills for my armor or weapons.

• Ammunition will be removed from hunting loot. This change has been requested by many participants over the years and will assist participants in more accurately tracking their results.

What would also help us track our results more accurately would be to let us log our loots without having to be in a team to do so.

A welcome change with

- fear of bugs (taking years to stabilise)
- fear of value overhaul of existing items

Something had to change so let's wait and see.

Skeptical optimism here,

Atami

I hope MA will not repeat usual method by introducing new items without balancing with existing items and driving old items MU to 0.

Interesting way to pay decay on rings. It seem it will be taken from your loot.

Way an avatar gain skills and with what cost will probably get additional dimension.

A lot of wiki data will need to be retested and recalculated.

EU will need to be discovered again.

Overall good promises.

At least the deadtimer makes sence now.
So my initial thought why it was implemented is crushed.
I did not see this big change comming.
(Kudos to MA that it was not about that) :)

Mindforce amps , don't let me down MA.

"Please bear in mind that the changes described below are still being finalized and tested, so some specific details may be changed upon release, while other changes may require additional refinement or testing and therefore may not appear in the initial Loot 2.0 release, but instead in subsequent patches or Version Updates."

Originally Posted Here

"A special hunting bonus pool will be implemented that will distribute funds from various sources, including skill misses, PVP, marketing and special events, which will improve overall loot returns for all participants"

Originally Posted Here

what has pvp to do with hunting? there shall be a pvp loot pool for pvpers to reduce their costs. from pvp zones to space.

you can add your strong box shop to the hunting pool instead and share a cut of it. people will have more acceptance to buy stuff directly from MA if they know that a share is thrown back into a bonus pool ingame. though a rce game shall in best case stay between the players.

will the skill loss on chipping out be dropped into that bonus pool also?

Last edited:
People just wanted old PE and you give them this 2.0 shit.
Waiting for the "Bring back loot waves" petition :yay:

Looks like alot of "relearning" of the various systems.

And better skills = better loot = more reason to get more skills.

And some weapons may be more "economical" against different mobs?

I guess that means weapons are going to get revalued, in terms of MU ......

Unmaxed weapons are going to be "bad" new I think?

After all the wonderful changes, it'll still be a zero sum game - the same cake divided in a different manner.

Exactly... Reduced volatility is a double-edged sword. If that's all they've accomplished, it will be as much a turn off for gamblers/high-rollers as it is a boon for the average player.

Where are the updates on the economy itself? Crafting changes? When are they going to address the non-existence of organic sustainable markup?

They could give every single player 95%-98% TT return, but how do we profit if there is nothing worth looting or crafting?

Maybe they have a plan. Maybe it's not more upgrade missions. Let's hope so.

If there will be more loot for 98% guess where that money will come from.

Well they did mention avatar skills affecting loot, so the top 2% should be plenty excited about that.

Looks like alot of "relearning" of the various systems.
Nah same will apply (sort of) just know how to apply it.

And some weapons may be more "economical" against different mobs?
This was also allready in here (If you know how to apply)

I guess that means weapons are going to get revalued, in terms of MU ......
Yes for sure, finally they will get a true value, and not those geusstimates
(Depending how you look at it)
So could also be still off in the end.

Unmaxed weapons are going to be "bad" new I think?
Nah

loving every word of it

also 2 good comments made by other players:

- make armor always decay some when hit by mob, also when the mob does a different kind of damage.
(EST = unfair buff if no decay when wearing)

- making nanocubes to be hunting loot

I hope I live to see the day, so much damage is done to EU already. This is like 5 years overdue. I hope MA can work it out, and succeed in this.

with love
Naomi

Sounds pretty good at face value. Just hoping the current (non existing) hunting loot isn't a sign of things to come.

Implementation is key obviously so let see how this is going to play out. Best of luck with that MA!

Hope MA will provide a few examples or guidelines re skill vs mob-size vs weapon vs armor etc.

Also I share the concern a number of players already mentioned re value of their UL items in the new system. Somehow can't really see an avenue where currently existing items will increase in value. I can however see plenty of ways how they'd lose (even more) value in the new system. Hope MA treads carefully here.

I'd so like to have an Ares Perfected and I could buy one. But having seen how MA pissed all over folks that bought an Imp Ares for 5k I feel very much disinclined to invest in any high end items.

To end this post on a positive note. Looking forward to both, migration & this loot update. Hope it'll have a good & lasting impact on the game.

Good weekend!

Back