Developer Notes #11 - Loot 2.0

i dont know why some people are complaining about no changes to the economy or other professions...
you guys need to use ur imagination a bit here. they rebalance practically all items to give them an economy factor which is relevant for the loot distribtuion. if they would do it right they would just give a crafted limited gun a higher rating than a looted limited gun. this way crafters get something they could craft which would increase demand on ores and enmats for the miners. there are lots of possibilities with this change. just wait it out and see what happens before complaining

same goes for limited armor. if the level requirement for UL armors are too high for players that usually do mobs where they need this kind of protection they have to rely on limited armor -> creating more demand for crafted armors

That would be interesting, MA removing nanocubes from TT, adding to hunting loot/crafting loot.

101% shrapnel, 101% nanocube. 105% oils. Me gusta

The Nanocubes from loot only would increase all crafting mats markups again and fix the problems for crafters that Explosives brought in - would be kinda interesting.

This is some scarry sh*t, everytime you updated the lootsystem its been worse, please dont "improve" the loot system. :(

I've got to say, I'm looking forward to see how this works out :^)

This just once again reaffirms that playing economical is the best way to obtain better returns.

Yet people are still debating if using low dpp setups would be the same as high dpp, I got to lol.

This message just reinforces the fact that people need to hunt using their heads to reduce costs!

So now with this new Economy rating parameter it will now show, you are actually hunting uneco!

Nothing they've said contradicts this, just that these new features will make this more apparent now.

Stop playing the game as if it were pre-EP update, and adjust to the new meta of the soon near update.

Game has always been about dpp to reduce costs associated with hunting and for dps is a close second.

For me them removing weapon cells and blp packs from loot is the best thing, so can get more markup.

Last edited:
Oh dear.
UL armor as useless as the old UL weaponry became overnight? Value of hard gained old UL armor removed? I mourn the value of the big guns I bought before that change.

A year of armor skilling on punies before cautiously treading on to regular small bery and exo? Unless you sport L armor. No more ezmoding it in pixie. Does the update add super cheap craftable L armor sets to skill in? Craftable using loot off punies? Using TT/NPC blueprints?

Removing ammo for easier tracking sounds fine. Imagine if it meant more craft mats looted instead!
I have a hunch this will still bypass the player economy since the TT craft mats remain.
Also, the loot boxes should be looted and not bought from the store.

It's a sandbox, be a sandbox. Taxation on EVERYTHING is quite enough.

What would also help us track our results more accurately would be to let us log our loots without having to be in a team to do so.

The easiest would be, to implement an in-game tool which you can reset everytime you go out hunt. This could then also include the most recent MU for items to show you exactly how you do. This would be so easy for them to implement, since loot amount is already implemented and the MU is in their database.

It would just have to fetch the decay from the stuff you use + add the loot to a list, then calculate the amount and MU based on the recent MU's sold. You then just need an option to opt out of the MU calculation if you don't like it.

Then they would just need to add aexport to log file button, so people can easily implement these returns to their personal log files. It would make hunting easier since all the calculation with sheets would simply be removed, unless you want an in depth calculation of your decays.

It sounds very good! :)

Oh dear.
UL armor as useless as the old UL weaponry became overnight? Value of hard gained old UL armor removed? I mourn the value of the big guns I bought before that change.

Armors become more useful, its quite the contrary of what happened to guns

Oh dear.

A year of armor skilling on punies before cautiously treading on to regular small bery and exo? Unless you sport L armor. No more ezmoding it in pixie. Does the update add super cheap craftable L armor sets to skill in? Craftable using loot off punies? Using TT/NPC blueprints?

Removing ammo for easier tracking sounds fine. Imagine if it meant more craft mats looted instead!
I have a hunch this will still bypass the player economy since the TT craft mats remain.
Also, the loot boxes should be looted and not bought from the store.

It's a sandbox, be a sandbox. Taxation on EVERYTHING is quite enough.

Armour will work the same as now if one has not reached the level for it. It is only if one has reached the appropriate level to use efficiently that the UL armour acts like L armour in that no matter what the condition it will protect in full.

I fail to see how this is a bad thing.

UL armours will rise in price.
Gives people an incentive to skill and use armour to do so, thereby increasing other skills.
Use or armour now mitigates the timer for revive as people will die less.

Glad I kept all my oldschool armours :) Maybe now there will be a market for the manufactured low level armours such as Vampire, etc.

...And, I get a feeling....

Remove ammo from loot (thank god for that :) )

...add nano-cubes to loot in its stead.

EPIV becomes more expensive, therefore less people gonna try it.
Crafters may start diversifying instead.
More crafted useful items available,
More peds deposited to buy said gear,
Skills become worth ped again, so more people gonna carry out professions (hunting/ mining/ crafting), to get skills to sell.
More peds available for loot 'pool'.
More interesting items dropped in loot.

PE v.2.0 :)

Got 2k peds left from last depo. Gonna save them now to see exactly what opportunities this new update brings.

I like the thing i read in that update, but lets see how it works...

And if then pull out nanocubes from TT... :wtg:
Promissing, if you ask me :)

so no more hunting naked with an adjusted resto?

>The information in this Developer Notes article is intended to inform participants of the upcoming changes and to gather initial impressions and feedback to help ensure a smooth implementation of this exciting update.

I hope MA is still open to suggestions on this. I realise we have to be realistic about what can be done in a short time from good player suggestions.

If MA wants us to newly learn a new loot system, then my suggestion is to improve types of tracking opportunities, preferably from within the platform features. I'd thus like to see a new mission or missions which gather data as a reward instead of skill rewards, for example.

What I would like to see could be loot statistics provided for killing 100 mobs or doing 1k creature damage or so. Maybe also a few missions available for tracking larger amounts, like having trip A and B counters in a car and reset options. The stats provided could be continuous that you can see if you click on mission info or as that 'reward' at the end via a conclusion page similar to when finishing instances.

I would like to see a tracking of your overall efficiency, for example, as loot variation will presumably still be in effect, so people have a chance to see if they have improved their efficiency even if loots on the run were lower due to natural variations in luck.

I would also like to see a log created similar to chat logs, which enable an easier tracking of loot runs as an alternative path if MA aren't going to give us a new efficiency statistic on the actual hunting itself (and not just as a new weapon efficiency stat).

NOTE: these changes do not need a change to new MA mechanisms as such, but could be interesting ways to test stuff, which MA appear to want us to do more again in the future.
I hope this was already in your planning, MA!

Time to make a loan at the bank and mortage the house :smoke:
:wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg:

" Loot value calculations and the composition of the items in loot will be affected by properly matching avatar skills and gear to the creature being hunted, rewarding efficient kills with more interesting loot. For optimal loot, it will be important to avoid inefficiencies such as low damage output compared to creature health, excessive time and cost to kill, overkill damage, unmaxed weapons and other factors. This system is intended to reward game knowledge, which has traditionally been an important and unique aspect of success in Entropia Universe, and to provide opportunities for participants to improve their loot returns via experimentation, optimization and specialization. "

I appreciate you MA.

This is just one tiny factor of the post that really stood out for me, the rest is just as if not equally amazing. Good job on this update. I see your value now. :)

Sounds like it may be worth playing again

Good news!!! MA does what ppl asking them fow a while:cool:

they rebalance practically all items to give them an economy factor which is relevant for the loot distribtuion. if they would do it right they would just give a crafted limited gun a higher rating than a looted limited gun. this way crafters get something they could craft which would increase demand on ores and enmats for the miners.

just wait it out and see what happens before complaining

A rebalancing of all items will take years, if not longer. Mindark won't crash the UL gear market overnight. Also there was nothing in the notes alluding to rebalancing, so I'm not sure where you pulled that from. Wishful thinking?

They only mentioned that they would release "new exciting items with a wide range of damage output and special effects". Hopefully that means new relevant blueprints. All we can do is speculate at this point. Not trying to sound pessimistic but I see no reason to be overly optimistic either.

same goes for limited armor. if the level requirement for UL armors are too high for players that usually do mobs where they need this kind of protection they have to rely on limited armor -> creating more demand for crafted armors

The entire new system seems to be balanced around the idea of hunting things that match your skill level. So that sort of contradicts the idea of low level players needing high protection crafted armor.

Can't wait to see how rich a few players become after learning to exploit all of the holes and bugs in the new system!

The entire new system seems to be balanced around the idea of hunting things that match your skill level. So that sort of contradicts the idea of low level players needing high protection crafted armor.

only if they want to hunt eco. but as the numerous threads on this site point out, there are tons of people who like to hunt mobs above their level from time to time for fun and gambling. and now they might not be able to do it in their huge UL armor anymore and thus creating demand for limited armors if they want to continue doing it.

Plenty of low-level crafted armours (oldschool stuff).
Beserker
Bodyguard
Dragon
Expedition
Explorer
Guardian
Rascal
Renagade
Samurai
Trooper
Valiant
Vampire
Settler
etc
etc

* edit*
oops. posted in wrong thread.

I am a bit scared but hopefully MA does it right. If not and it will turn in one of these Fails they did always if changing Loot System i going to chip out. If they gonna make it right more Money from my side will go into this great game that it was back in time.

Hope the best

only if they want to hunt eco. but as the numerous threads on this site point out, there are tons of people who like to hunt mobs above their level from time to time for fun and gambling. and now they might not be able to do it in their huge UL armor anymore and thus creating demand for limited armors if they want to continue doing it.

Yeah sure. I could see this causing a small boost in (L) sales from those casual gamblers. It all comes down to the implementation...

One thing I'm hoping they will consider - a level requirement for armor platings. 5B plates for example, always seemed ridiculously strong for the price. Something like that should have a high level requirement.

There seems to be a misunderstanding of some re the changes to armour.

The minimum profession level requirement gets u UL armour that offers full protection until it hits minimum condition. If you don't meet the minium profession requirements then u continue to get the current arrangement of protection reduced in proportion to condition. So you will be no worse off than you are now.

One thing I'm hoping they will consider - a level requirement for armor platings. 5B plates for example, always seemed ridiculously strong for the price. Something like that should have a high level requirement.

did the awfull durability of the 5B's not compensate the price?

The Nanocubes from loot only would increase all crafting mats markups again and fix the problems for crafters that Explosives brought in - would be kinda interesting.

Would not fix a thing.

If they introduced nancubes into loot (as a replacement to the tt), then people would simply stop crafting explosives. They wouldnt magically start crafting other things.

Rgds

Ace

Yeah sure. I could see this causing a small boost in (L) sales from those casual gamblers. It all comes down to the implementation...

yea i agree on that one. for their price they are far too powerful considering what an armor with that increase in protection would cost

Back