Developer Notes #11 - Loot 2.0

For those worried about crafting being neglected; there are also plans in motion to reinvigorate the crafting profession, and lots of new blueprints will be in the release scheduled for later this month.

:bowdown::bowdown:

For those worried about crafting being neglected; there are also plans in motion to reinvigorate the crafting profession, and lots of new blueprints will be in the release scheduled for later this month.

Sounds great! Measures against monopolizing would be appreciated.

So this note was to announce the update and not the update to start development of the system? Great to hear!

very true. good reason why loot must not be dependent on gear used. the loot IS what the monster carries, everything else makes no sense.

Every newcomer's dream. Instantly have access to the highest gear possible without any consequence, because, what you're saying is you would have no penalty at level 10 using a lvl 100 weapon.
No. Your choices have to have an impact over your loot.

Every newcomer's dream. Instantly have access to the highest gear possible without any consequence, because, what you're saying is you would have no penalty at level 10 using a lvl 100 weapon.

That's not what he meant and you know it, dammit. Your choices have an impact on the cost to do something, not on its reward directly. And this should remain so.

This + The changing of "loot waves" just might be enough to make me want to play again.

Thanks for the heads up Ludvig :yay:

Whoever came up with this developer notes #11 are geniuses.

They post something epic like this, about 1 month beforehand. To increase awareness and hype level. Luring retired players back, just in time for migration, and using migration as a beta test, to stress test and find out what works and what doesn't on the migration, where most people will hunt.

I can say this because I was pretty much retired for like 1.5 years barely active at all. And came back a few days ago, and this news makes me wanna stick around again!

Bloody brilliant MA!

That's not what he meant and you know it, dammit. Your choices have an impact on the cost to do something, not on its reward directly. And this should remain so.

While this is true, return = loot - cost.
Your choices have an impact on your return by impacting the cost. If there's a hunter that uses at lvl 17 a lvl 100 weapon, with few or close to no useful buff, the return of that hunter will be rubbish. And this should REMAIN SO.
Discussion about the loot and a few % up or down, are really irrelevant if you're not using correct gear.

While this is true, return = loot - cost.
Your choices have an impact on your return by impacting the cost. If there's a hunter that uses at lvl 17 a lvl 100 weapon, with few or close to no useful buff, the return of that hunter will be rubbish. And this should REMAIN SO.
Discussion about the loot and a few % up or down, are really irrelevant if you're not using correct gear.

Nobody said anything else. What is it with you?

New blueprints?!

How about just using the shitload of old blueprints that have no use.. or at least get rid the ones that use no longer dropped items.. like target units.. fluid memory strategic processors.. etc.. there was a horrible attempt a while back using the mechanomatrix things in chains.. and still those didn't use anything pre-dating them.. if its new blueprints for anything.. use some of the old blueprints as components in the process

I am worried about the professional level required to wear armour. We may suddenly find our say UL Angel requires Level 65 Evader to unlock its full potential. But saying that, it may increase values to the collapsing UL armour market. I will be interested to see these changes.

But what happens in the 2nd hour after the vu when all the new bp's have been discovered.

:lolup:

What I would like to see is proof that the loot is spawned with the mob. Who kills that mob or how they kill it is their choice, and that is your personal risk vs. reward.

Not happening, of course. but what could be more 'fair'?

Since we're decreasing defense costs can we decrease tiering costs as well? The cost to tier higher end armor has become quite absurd considering the current market values. To take some armor to tier 3 costs as much or more than the part!

I'm really looking forward to the free interplanetary TPs! :yay:

I am worried about the professional level required to wear armour. We may suddenly find our say UL Angel requires Level 65 Evader to unlock its full potential. But saying that, it may increase values to the collapsing UL armour market. I will be interested to see these changes.

The way I read it is:

Armor decay will be calculated differently and will become more fair and economical for everyone. Likely it will reward the correct utilization of game knowledge.

In addition, for anyone who doesnt meet the new skill requirement, the armor will function the same as it does now with regard to how much it protects relative to condition. The lower the TT value, the less it will protect. For a long time (L) armors have had the unique advantage of protecting at 100% regardless of TT value.

With the new system if you do have the skills to maximize the armor, then the unlimited armor will protect at 100% regardless of condition.

This adds a lot of value to any unlimited armor.

So what this update is saying is...

You are so fucked if you can't dropped the thousands needed to gain the skills needed to come out even.

Great...

Nothing is changed from a low level perspective really. But it eases the learning curve.
Before loot 2.0: I need more skills to use items that are higher level.
After loot 2.0: I still need more skills to use items but they now tell me how economic they are, so I don't need to have all the prior background knowledge of what DPP is and why using an unmaxed item is a terrible idea.

Again, as stated, in-game knowledge will be rewarded in Loot 2.0.

So what this update is saying is...

You are so fucked if you can't dropped the thousands needed to gain the skills needed to come out even.

Great...

The way I translate what MA is saying here is: Loot 2.0 = Loot 1.x but with less penalties for wearing big armor and for low dpp. Additionally, there will be a tiny delta in the loot if u got some extra skills. In rest nothing new under the Sun. Now, these lesser penalties and loot delta have to be compensated from somewhere, and I am willing to bet that is not from MA pockets. So something gotta give - what? Calypso shares maybe?

I consider rich someone net value ~100mil EUR in my country. Depends on country I guess, could be less or more in others.

For that amount you can have quiet a few nice cars, a nice home and probably no need to work again in your own lifetime.

So no, nobody gets rich in Entropia and if you are drooling over someone who can withraw 250-500k PED/year, go get a job.

Plebs are talking about coffee shop owners having special relations to MA. I mean for fuck sake, you are poor as fuck if you have to run a fucking coffee shop. I would not even wake up in the morning if that was waiting me as a job for rest of the day :laugh:

the guy who owns starbucks might want to disagree

Loot Changes
  • A new Economy rating parameter will be introduced, on a scale of 1-100, that indicates the efficiency of a tool and which influences loot calculations. This change from the once dominant damage/pec model will provide the design team with more freedom to release exciting and interesting items with a wider range of damage output and special effects. For example, our team will have the ability to create powerful new items that provide access to challenging and exciting content without dramatically increasing cost to play. Existing items will be assigned Economy values that reflect their relative efficiency to one another and to the entire array of items in the universe.

Originally Posted Here

From the way I interpret this, it seems that the dmg/pec was a limiting (deciding) factor to our returns in such a way that the devs could not create new types of weapons without it having a significant effect on dmg/pec and hence our TT returns.

So with loot 2.0, they will introduce another factor to it...called the "Economy Rating"...which will then allow it to modify our TT returns...in addition to the dmg/pec.

In other words, it may quite possibly mean that there will be an introduction of new weapons with high dmg/pec but low "Economy Rating" as well as weapons with low dmg/pec but high "Economy Rating"...and yet all the while giving the players using those weapons the same "stable" TT returns.

:scratch2::confused:

That's my speculation. ;)

Last edited:

We need this also but if the EP bp get fixed to use materials/oils then we play a new game

Lets make Entropia great again :)

After EMW Confession 2.0...
Loot 2.0 !
And the crowd cheers :yay:

(I have a twisted mind, please ignore)

Again, as stated, in-game knowledge will be rewarded in Loot 2.0.

I guess it will be Knowledge 2.0 then.

Knowledge has been rewarded all along, and just like guns, it's continually being made obsolete by bigger and better knowledge.

...now they only need to find a way to sell knowledge in the webshop. :yup:

I guess it will be Knowledge 2.0 then.

Knowledge has been rewarded all along, and just like guns, it's continually being made obsolete by bigger and better knowledge.

...now they only need to find a way to sell knowledge in the webshop. :yup:

i heard they sell knowledge for a coffee

Your choices have an impact on the cost to do something, not on its reward directly. And this should remain so.
Upon re-reading OP, it can indeed be understood as if this premise is about to change. We'll see what it really means.

what has pvp to do with hunting? there shall be a pvp loot pool for pvpers to reduce their costs. from pvp zones to space.

you can add your strong box shop to the hunting pool instead and share a cut of it. people will have more acceptance to buy stuff directly from MA if they know that a share is thrown back into a bonus pool ingame. though a rce game shall in best case stay between the players.

will the skill loss on chipping out be dropped into that bonus pool also?

I think they mean pvp misses here.
skill miss ( you miss because you lack skill)
pvp miss you miss because you can't aim and loose your shot in a pvp zone)

Having read the developer's introduction to the new loot system, i think that reasonably some positive conclusions can be drawn :

1) the old loot system, based on cycles, had been "decrypted" by some players who took an excessive advantage from it, up to the creation of "loot forecasting softwares". All even discussed on this forum.
Clearly such an unbalance was a damage for the vast majority of players, and clearly MindArk couldn't stand such a situation :
it was just a matter of time before the loot system changed.

2) they studied a new loot system, protected from the danger of "loot forecasting softwares", or -better- so open and predictable, so "democratic", that now everyone knows what is takes to win : efficiency in hunting.
You are a random shooter ? You lose.
You hunt efficiently and wisely ? You profit.

3) "Efficiency" in hunting means, fairly, efficient weapons, efficient hunting "tactics" (the choice of mobs you can handle and kill efficiently and fast).

My only doubt after their introduction to the new loot system is about the impact of the use of armors on the loots :

for example, i use to hunt without armor and without being killed, because i handle well what i choose to hunt;
in theory this should be considered a highly efficient and smart hunting, and rewarded lootwise, over someone else who instead kills the same mobs wearing an armor just to be able to survive to them.
We will see if my (very reasonable) theory is confirmed by the new loot system :
anyway i would like soon a word from a developer on this last aspect, which would add credibility to the concept of "hunting efficiently" .

Last edited:

MOre bloody blueprints....you have GOT to be kidding me.

We already have 90%+ blueprints no longer in use...(nothing to do with EP, before people start complaining).....pllease for the LOVE OF GOD, don't introduce anymore.

Give the bloody ones we have some use first.

Make all craftable limited guns competitive vs unlimited. Stop dropping limited guns in hunting loot.

For christs sake DO NOT ADD more materials and blueprints.

Think for once MA! (idiots!)

Rgds

Ace

Looking forward to all of the adjusted weapon and item blueprints which will use the old school items as ingredients. :)

(maybe in loot 2.5 you can add adjusted webshop items to the list)

Doesn't anyone learn around here ?

Before being amazed and screaming how it's so great, wait that it actually happens.

Chances are that it will not be anywhere close to what was stated, if even anything close to that.

It is MindArk, keep it in mind. Much talks, little to show.

We call it brainwash by MA :D
People long enough in this game knows exactly what you mention "It is MindArk, keep it in mind. Much talks, little to show".
Mindark know how to play with people emotions and rational behaviors waiting to the right time when many people is leaving to announce something just to bring hope. I lost the hope long ago when I saw so many promises year after year or others taking years to implement or even not even ever been implemented.
This game have a great potential as I mention hundred times problem is Mind Dark a greedy company playing with people hopes one more time.

What about mining or crafting not even 1 time mention?
Best of luck around our great but poor managed game.

Back