Cannot get passed character creation screen

bkirton33

Young
Hello Everyone,

I am Sheppard, I am new to Entropia and bought myself the Platinum starter kit. Unfortunately I am unable to exit the character creation screen. All it does is zoom in and then zoom out back to the character creation. There is no error from the game client and it just wont move past the character creation screen.

Does anyone have any advice for what to do? I already submitted a support ticket but it has been 48 hours with no response.

Hello Everyone,

I am Sheppard, I am new to Entropia and bought myself the Platinum starter kit. Unfortunately I am unable to exit the character creation screen. All it does is zoom in and then zoom out back to the character creation. There is no error from the game client and it just wont move past the character creation screen.

Does anyone have any advice for what to do? I already submitted a support ticket but it has been 48 hours with no response.

You have tried the livechat at the support, usually they are fast with response!?

Unfortunately i'm unable to even get a chat box. All I am able to see is my character floating around with a space background and when I hit "exit character creation" it just makes a motion like it is able to go then stops.

You have tried the livechat at the support, usually they are fast with response!?

I've made Live Support aware of your difficulties, hopefully they will be in touch bkirton33!

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate all of the help :yay:

Edit : Unfortunately live support is unable to help with issues like this and they say that I have to wait until EU support gets a resolution.

How long do resolutions take for issues like these?

Last edited:
Just to give an update. I am currently over 72 hours without response from MA. I have tried the chat support through the website but to no avail. I have also reinstalled the game and downloaded every planet to 100%. I am very sad that I am unable to create my avatar and begin my journey through the game.

Just to give an update. I am currently over 72 hours without response from MA. I have tried the chat support through the website but to no avail. I have also reinstalled the game and downloaded every planet to 100%. I am very sad that I am unable to create my avatar and begin my journey through the game.

MA is sometimes super busy with stuff, but dont give up.
Also it might take time for them to recreate the bug or even understand whats going on.

What i can suggest is that you can create short video from where u launch the game and to the point where u get stuck. Post it here and i am sure community might come up with some ideas of whats up.

Give us ur pc specs, tell us all u have tried etc. Also have u tried it other pcs?
Just need to rule out all possibilities.

Cheers
/Soko

As far as my specs go I have :
i7-6700k 4.00GHz
32GB of RAM
GTX 1080
500GB SSD
1TB HD

As far as what ive tried so far...
  1. I have reinstalled the game completely
  2. Reset the character creation and still nothing
  3. Pressed every button during character creation

All I get is a blur in then blur back out to normal. It will not move forward from that point

Edit : I will work on getting a video of what happens when I get back to my house. I have tried it on 2 different computers with EU on it.

try to switch 32/64 bit and safe mode in client loader

Hello,

what a strange issue you got there...hard to tell anything about that...

can only go through some things if you want this...

1., delete game and install it on a NOT default Folder , create one before install : mine is on D:\Entropia for example ( i had problems with access rights on default folders linked with profile folders...

2., you have a high end pc there , can you play also other games without problems..??

if yes .. then you might have a "too" good pc for entropia , some high end graphic cards have probs with it...

try first to install the latest video driver ...or if you have the latest -> downgrade 2 or 3 versions (solved some of my graphic problems in the past)

try then again ..and turn down graphics ,look also in the physics engine of the driver for some "basic "settings

-->from the start...does your picture freeze then after the blur? or is only the picture gone? then you could try to hit enter and tab-enter..tab-enter.-...

if no , then you could have a hardware issue..like a ram failure...test this with memtest86.org or something like that ( with a image to make a bootable usb-key)

3., does your loader show up everything? the html page etc ? if not ..you have to configure your default browser, on some win 10 versions etc a different topic...on win7 its still the internet explorer (entropia uses this resource)

4., try to set (inside the loader and tools) your internet connection to modem 56 kb .... i have a 70mb connection but only with this settings i dont get any disconnects...

5., did you port forward some of the necessary ports to your pc? in the faw-pages of entropia there are details written about that...

sadly it could be also some other issues regarding this...but checking those points should lead to atleast a good direction for solving...

Kind Regards,
Eddie

Probably a dumb jab in the dark, but....might I ask you what is the name that your trying to give your avatar?

Afaik, you need a First, Middle and a Last name....for your character.

Refer:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...6037-Can-t-create-character-Cannot-enter-Name

Not sure but I think I've seen avatars with just one name like MyGunIsBiggerThenYourGunLootus (just an example) as well as avatars with 4 names - although not sure if two of them didn't have "-" between.

Thank you everybody for the help! MA responded to my ticket and just spawned my avatar into the game. It WAS a bug on there end not allowing me to finish creating my character. Im excited to see you all in the world!

Not sure but I think I've seen avatars with just one name like MyGunIsBiggerThenYourGunLootus (just an example) as well as avatars with 4 names - although not sure if two of them didn't have "-" between.

Yeah...I've seen those too. Not sure how they've did it though....been a very long long time since I've created my avatar...so not quite sure how the character creation screen have changed.

Thank you everybody for the help! MA responded to my ticket and just spawned my avatar into the game. It WAS a bug on there end not allowing me to finish creating my character. Im excited to see you all in the world!

Well...glad they (support) were able to help you on that. Enjoy the game then. And do remember to watch your peds like a hawk. ;)

yes.-..good to hear thats not a pc issue then....welcome in Entropia....:cool:

Welcome to Entropia!

FYI if you have 2 graphicscards e.g a laptop with intelHD and a geforce 970m EU pretty much always defaults to intel....so you might wanna check your Nvidia settings

... I played nearly 3 years on my intel always thinking EU was the poorest optimzed game of all time

fresh blood!
Welcome bkirton!

good see that you've passed the first tutorial. "How to contact support".
That's the most important lesson to learn in this game :laugh:

G'luck with your endeavors and happy hoffing!

Welcome to Entropia.

If you ever want some help, advice or just a team hunt - hit me up ingame
Fezza Prozac Sanity (search via the avatar register)

x

It comforts me to know they can do that

Back