Your All-Time Favourite Hunting Weapon(s)

Oracle

Elite
Society
Scorpio
Oracle Kev FountofWisdom
...and why?

Mine are all UL BLP guns:

1) Adjusted Ravenger mini-sweeper: I remember upgrading to this gun after using the AS147 for a while. It seemed the right gun in terms of my skills then and I loved it's bulky appearance and the noise it made. Also the economy wasn't too bad as I remember although I don't think you could amp it.

2) ML35: back in the day this was the tagger to have and when amped would do some serious damage to mobs before you switched to a quicker close-range weapon.

3) DoA Rockjacker: cool name, fairly fast damage when amped.

So. What's your favourites?

Stingury

I looted it years ago and sold it for a nice profit because I had no where near the skills for it.
Ever since then worked to skill up to be able to use it, bought it back and have used it ever since.

Isis HL12 - best effect in game. Shit for returns though.

Improved MAKO Fal - Will always be my favorite under HL12. Nice detail on the sword.

I mix and match a lot of different weapons...
Favorite is probably Katsuichi Determination, Embra C1 Adjusted (or original), Archon Sword, but I cannot afford those too often... I like the blades that do heavy damage so I can start aiming for 20-30 level mobs, etc. Loot 2.0 will probably screw that up a bit. I also like the high tt ones like the c1 since you can go out there in the field and stay quite a while before you need a repair.

What I like to do is mix up about 3-4 weapons of each type and quick key em to keyboard in columns so that heavy hitters are at top and finishers are at bottom...

At the moment I have minus, plus, and enter on keyboard tied to two of the webshop faps and the gauntlet fap, and then the tilde tied to herb box...

Then as for the weapons...
keyboard *963. column is adjusted boiga, dominax cobra, moccassin, viper
keyboard /852 is embra c1, philosopher sword, Katsuichi determination, Labrys
keyboard numlock, 741 is kong se, z12 barbella, herman law, adjusted bukin
keyboard 0 is ozpyn chon s1x1

pause is sweat tool, scroll lock is grenade launcher ngl, print screen is si flamethrower

backspace | enter shift and ctrl are si hk110, si sword, si scorpion, si combat knife and psi blade, etc.

Had a marber bravo once and may buy another someday. Nice tagger.

I like the fists too since they have fast reload speeds but only if you autoloot with em since sometimes if you autotool they'll go 2-3 swings past the kill hit before you hit the loot key if you do the old traditional select next, auto tool loot button combo (do that with space,n and b usually)

Last edited:
My all time favorite has to be my First Gen Electric VII , nice distance and power , terrible econ.

Where are the Mindforce amps.

Secondly is my Mentor powerclaw , though the SI powerclaw is a speed demon which makes for a fun hunt as well.

Back when I was just a little noobier than I am today, my fav was 1x0 axe. that was, until MA said they had a bug and nerfed them. I'm still butthurt over that. WTF MA, ever hear of the concept of a loss leader? Oh, we will never alter items... sure. :thumbup:

I liked most of these that I have had in order of use over the years, diff times, diff favs.

Katsuchi Determiniation - first real dps wep, enjoyed the look and speed, the crafter wasn't bad either ;)
Castorian Combat EnBlade-12 - looted from a Seg, caused so much butthurt one-shotting people :laugh:
ML35ME - great range, great range dps, fun sound and effects
RockJacker - rattatatat ripped off lots of hp off mobs, great fun pvp in pve, great combo with ml35me, killed Skalman with it :laugh:
iep21 - my great little pea shooter, shoot all day, pecs to repair.
i2870 - nice mid range laser pistol
Ranked Scorpion - my nice mid range laser pistol skiller that I bought and used because I didn't max the i2870 I really wanted to shoot!
HL18 SGA - great sound, cool swirly laser shot effects, slow, but took big chunks off mob hp and didn't eat enhancers too quick, low pro requirement, brought me my first 5 digit and biggest hof to date :wtg:
EWE EP-40 Mercenary Modified - Because its a MOD MERC yo! :handgun: (RIP old laser pistol pew pew sound, fuck this new "snip snip snip" bullshit!!!)
Arso 10 ed - <3 hots and dots.
<whatever my next upgrade becomes... >

Last edited:
Unlimited Nano Katana, I had the first one crafted and was for a couple of years my hunting workhorse. This was pre-melee amps.
Adjusted Minisweeper, my first serious weapon.
Imk2, led me all the way to my first 10k skill.
Adjusted Maddox, using it now and love the speed.

Take care,
BBB

Back