NEWS: Cryptocurrency. It's coming faster than you think.

The strength of peoples' opinions is inversely proportional to their knowledge.

Many points... just picking this one: Nobody said governments are against cryptocurrency. Research is undergoing in many countries already. But they want to control it and everybody who deals with it. Now there's a conundrum... but they're not stupid.

Well, considering everything i have bought in the last week, i could not have done with cryptocurrency.

I think i'll give it a miss.

Rgds

Ace

I had mentioned the implementation of Cryptocurrency some time ago here in the forum; the idea was scoffed at by many and I'm sure the posts will continue to appear the same. I knew it was only a matter of time before it came into realization.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
- Mahatma Gandhi

First Double Token ICO is Focused on Gaming
link to article

If you end up acquiring some tokens and decide you want to secure them; here's a tutorial I made:

LOL, i actually went to that link.

Now i scoff.

Basically, ND set it up to raise money to build a game. (at least that is my take on it)

In what world does this prove you right?

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: its like saying. "I told you all house prices would triple in price." When in actual fact, i was a mug and bought a massively over priced house. Just cause i said it, doesnt make it real.

OP, I'm with you on cryptocurrency, namely Bitcoin. But you may as well be talking Martian to these people. They're not ready for it yet... As far as cryptocurrency is concerned, from what I can tell, most here are still in the mindset similar to those who poo-poo'ed the internet in it's early times: "What do I need the internet for, when I have a perfectly good fax machine that takes care of my every possible need."

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

It would be nice if you focues on the Cryptocurrencies and not talking bad about people that not agree with you. I have a hard time respecting people talking bad about people that don't agree with them. :tongue2:

Anyway, Bitcoin is the current state is pretty useless as a currency. It's just a payment solution like paypal and similar solution, in combination with some gambling and spekulation.

No one can use it in their daily life to pay for their living. With a real currency I can get 100 units on monday and I know how much food I can buy on friday for that money. The same amount as I could on monday because the price changes are very small. That is not possible with Bitcoin, if you can find someone selling food and accepting bitcoin in the first place, you can be pretty sure the price will change in a couple of days.

As long as you can't use it for the most basic things in your life without worring for the ups and downs of the value, it's worthless as a currency.

It has it's uses as payment solution, like paypal. But we have paypal already why should I need something like bitcoin instead? And you can use it for spekulation.

Should this post not be in the Off topic secton? :silly2:

But we have paypal already why should I need something like bitcoin instead?
The “ethical imperative”: “Act always so as to increase the number of choices.” - http://www.univie.ac.at/constructivism/people/riegler/pub/riegler05foerster.html

In the context of anything related/attached to authority: Because having choices serves as basic protection against one entity becoming all-powerful and possibly turning evil, or being used as a tool. Theory and reality differ as always, but you never want to deliberately deprive yourself of having an alternative at all.

keep in mind:

much more powerful and valuable than any currency is knowledge. knowledge never loses its value and is immune to any kind of economical fluctuation.

Originally Posted by Optimator
OP, I'm with you on cryptocurrency, namely Bitcoin. But you may as well be talking Martian to these people. They're not ready for it yet... As far as cryptocurrency is concerned, from what I can tell, most here are still in the mindset similar to those who poo-poo'ed the internet in it's early times: "What do I need the internet for, when I have a perfectly good fax machine that takes care of my every possible need."

It would be nice if you focues on the Cryptocurrencies and not talking bad about people that not agree with you. I have a hard time respecting people talking bad about people that don't agree with them. :tongue2:

Anyway, Bitcoin is the current state is pretty useless as a currency. It's just a payment solution like paypal and similar solution, in combination with some gambling and spekulation.

No one can use it in their daily life to pay for their living. With a real currency I can get 100 units on monday and I know how much food I can buy on friday for that money. The same amount as I could on monday because the price changes are very small. That is not possible with Bitcoin, if you can find someone selling food and accepting bitcoin in the first place, you can be pretty sure the price will change in a couple of days.

As long as you can't use it for the most basic things in your life without worring for the ups and downs of the value, it's worthless as a currency.

It has it's uses as payment solution, like paypal. But we have paypal already why should I need something like bitcoin instead? And you can use it for spekulation.

Should this post not be in the Off topic secton? :silly2:
Hey man, I stand by my post 100%. Your response to my post pretty much proves my point in every way. I mean seriously, read your post, then read mine again. I simply stated my view using a couple of analogies based on what I've seen people have posted in other Bitcoin threads here on PCF. If that struck a nerve with you, I think that says more about you than anything else.

Look, I don't have a problem at all with anyone disagreeing with my standpoint regarding bitcoin/cryptos (or regarding any other topic for that matter). I've stated multiple times in other threads that Bitcoin isn't for everybody. If someone is averse to bitcoin/cryptocurrencies for whatever reason, that's their prerogative. And by all means, they should stay as far away from it as their senses direct and just stick to their paypals or whatever.

If you don't respect me for what I say and/or how I say it, that is perfectly fine. I'm not particularly looking for your respect.

As far as the rest of your post... How do I put this nicely? Man, dude, you should really do more reading or something. Bitcoin useless as a currency? If that's your opinion, then that's your opinion, I guess. But try telling that to all the millions of people living and visiting Japan (host of the upcoming 2020 Summer Olympic Games, btw) where Bitcoin is now recognized by the government as legal tender. It is said by the start of this summer, over a quarter million retailers, merchants and restaurants will be accepting bitcoin and expanding to more by the end of the year. http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-acceptance-growing-in-japan-2017-4 You may or may not find that significant, but it has to start somewhere.

And I am happy to know you are able to manage your daily living budget. Gratz! Believe it or not, there are also people who are savvy enough to manage their bitcoin finances as well, despite periods of volatility.

Finally: Better put some RESPEK on it! :yup: :silly2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJQtXeUEH6s&ab_channel=BirdmanVEVO

Hey man, I stand by my post 100%. Your response to my post pretty much proves my point in every way. I mean seriously, read your post, then read mine again. I simply stated my view using a couple of analogies based on what I've seen people have posted in other Bitcoin threads here on PCF. If that struck a nerve with you, I think that says more about you than anything else.

There is big difference between those who are pro cryptocurrencies and those who are con.
Those who are pro are constantly in need to open new threads or actively fight in them and r!a!p!e! those who are con or neutral with their views.
Those who are con - participate in threads discussions but usually don feel in need to open their own thread and force or moderate public opinion against cryptocurrencies.

Look, I don't have a problem at all with anyone disagreeing with my standpoint regarding bitcoin/cryptos (or regarding any other topic for that matter). I've stated multiple times in other threads that Bitcoin isn't for everybody. If someone is averse to bitcoin/cryptocurrencies for whatever reason, that's their prerogative. And by all means, they should stay as far away from it as their senses direct and just stick to their paypals or whatever.

If you don't respect me for what I say and/or how I say it, that is perfectly fine. I'm not particularly looking for your respect.

As far as the rest of your post... How do I put this nicely? Man, dude, you should really do more reading or something. Bitcoin useless as a currency? If that's your opinion, then that's your opinion, I guess. But try telling that to all the millions of people living and visiting Japan (host of the upcoming 2020 Summer Olympic Games, btw) where Bitcoin is now recognized by the government as legal tender. It is said by the start of this summer, over a quarter million retailers, merchants and restaurants will be accepting bitcoin and expanding to more by the end of the year. http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-acceptance-growing-in-japan-2017-4 You may or may not find that significant, but it has to start somewhere.

And I am happy to know you are able to manage your daily living budget. Gratz! Believe it or not, there are also people who are savvy enough to manage their bitcoin finances as well, despite periods of volatility.

Finally: Better put some RESPEK on it! :yup: :silly2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJQtXeUEH6s&ab_channel=BirdmanVEVO

reading is fine and all but have you been to japan once? ive lived there and i know the people living there and despite being seen by the world as very technologic advanced in reality they are the exact opposite. they like traditions and japanese rarely (i mean really really rarely) adopt to changes and try to change at all. there may be a few chains in tokyo that do this as some kind of marketign joke but believe me... in japan you wont get far with bitcoins. not today, not this year and not in 20 years.
you dont even get far without knowing japanese. 99,9% of the japanese public doesnt give a single damn shit about bitcoin and most of then probably dont even know what it is.

and on top of this: do you know how easy it is to hack into NFCs? if people would know that i bet a lot less would use it as the crime rate regarding that matter will be a huge upcoming problem.

While talking about any other currency besides US Dollar there's a white elephant in the room.

US Dollar is the dominating currency atm but the government backing it up is pretty much bankrupt. US federal debt is closing $20 trillion. At this point obviously the world's biggest currency is not backed up by economy any more.
Then how is it backed up? Google "petro dollar" and lot of things happening in the world will become clearer to you... Including why cryptocurrencies made governments so nervous the first years they emerged. No it was not primarily crime and terrorism...

And you know how much I read? :silly2: Seriously man....

Accepting Bitcoin as a way of payment just mean they directly convert it to Yen, because no real business want to have bitcoins in their pocket (harddrive), if they are not investing it for speculation purpose. So at the current state it's a fail as a currency. And in Japan most of the payment are done in cash anyway.

I think we are totally off OP's intended topic, but let me peace out by saying:

@Dan59:
LOL, you're accusing me of the "R" word now because I'm not afraid to post my opinion in response to another person's view? Dude, get off your sanctimonious high horse and save that leftist SJW bs tactic for someone else. Everyone is free to post or not post in a thread pro or con and share their opinion or not share their opinion. Everyone is free to read or not read threads according to their taste. You certainly felt compelled to read and post in this one.

@Me Really Never:
Wow, not only are you are an expert on the dynamics of Japanese culture, but you also understand bitcoin so well that you know for a fact that the Japanese public "doesn't give a single damn shit about bitcoin..." Too bad the Japanese lawmakers didn't consult with you first before enacting the law that made Bitcoin a legal payment method. Otherwise you would have been able to inform them of what a big marketing joke this Bitcoin really is and that they won't get far this year or in 20 years. Those "few chains in Toyko" + the quarter million other retailers and businesses around Japan are rekkt.

Those Japanese bitcoin advocates are just lucky they can speak Japanese, otherwise they wouldn't get far according to you. My god, it's a wonder how so many tourists, businesses and travelers from all over the world can get beyond the airport when they don't even speak the language.

@billairboy:
Ok, I see and understand what you're saying. For you, because "no real business" wants to be holding bitcoin and thus be subject to bitcoin's price volatility, direct use of bitcoin as currency is fail. That's your opinion, fair enough. For the record, I think it prudent for any major business to protect themselves by not accepting bitcoin directly. But I don't consider it a "fail" because there are businesses that do accept bitcoin directly and do accept the risk of volatility.

For me, whether it's accepted directly (and subject to market volatility) or via a payment processor, it is still being used successfully as currency - ie, as a medium of exchange for goods and services.

So let me ask you billairboy: Do you think bitcoin being accepted via a payment processor (where the business is not at risk due to not being subject to bitcoin's price volatility) is/can be a success? This question to you is based solely on the premise that, as you put it, "no real business want to have bitcoins in their pocket..." and also whether or not you believe bitcoin is being used here in this sense as a currency. Businesses accepting bitcoin via a payment processor - Success or fail for bitcoin in your opinion?

Anyways, I'm going to go ahead excuse myself from further posting in this thread and let you guys have the last word over me if you wish. Looking forward to reading yours or anyone else's response(s). :rolleyes:

Deuces!

Careful, if you shove your nose up any higher you'll be catching more than bird shit.

What backs up any of these currencies aside from confidence?

@ optimator

i think you misread your own article dude. its not a quarter million different retailer shops and "other businesses". its exactly one retailer (with a quarter million stores) so exactly ONE chain. and an electronics retailer who want to TEST it in 2 stores.
and yes. it seems i know a lot more about the japanese and their cultures than some snob who read an article online and now thinks hes an expert in everything. but you can believe whatever you want. just dont come crying when you fail and lose all your gamble money on your cryptobullshit.

and anther one: when it is accepted via a payment processor that converts it into the national currency first before processing the payment that means ITS NOT A CURRENCY.

Yes op is right, im not ready for crypto currencys and will avoid them like the devil avoids the holy water.

This new crypto currency is a great way for the creator to become insanely rich by selling mining rights and whatnotever to gold diggers with no backup that the new currency will ever come to acceptance like bitcoins did.

I'd rather gamble with stock derivates than investing money into that new crypto currency.

when it is accepted via a payment processor that converts it into the national currency first before processing the payment that means ITS NOT A CURRENCY.
Suppose you have a bank account in EUR. If I send you $10 USD what happens? It's automatically converted to EUR. Therefore, USD is not a currency. :wtg:

Suppose you have a bank account in EUR. If I send you $10 USD what happens? It's automatically converted to EUR. Therefore, USD is not a currency. :wtg:

the difference here being is that the USD has its value backed up by something real while that pseudo currencys only value is the goodwill (or stupidity) of people to believe its value.
a real currency is backed up by gold which has always some kind of value due to being in need for production.
a cryptocurrency has basically zero value. when the people suddenly think that bits have no real value the shit gets worthless. but the people wont "decide" that they suddenly dont need gold anymore.
next thing is: you think cryptocurrencies are nice because they are "safe" from the countries own currency being volatile. well lets say you are a US resident. now the USD goes to shit. when this is happening you could just use an e-wallet and use it as euro account. or yen. or whatever main currency you like. if those go to shit as well... then why would anyone pay anything for some bits on a hard drive? thats just insane.

CCs just maintain their value as long as tjhe major real currencies maintain their value. its maybe fun playing around with it but it will never be a real option.

@Dan59:
LOL, you're accusing me of the "R" word now because I'm not afraid to post my opinion in response to another person's view? Dude, get off your sanctimonious high horse and save that leftist SJW bs tactic for someone else. Everyone is free to post or not post in a thread pro or con and share their opinion or not share their opinion. Everyone is free to read or not read threads according to their taste. You certainly felt compelled to read and post in this one.

You showed disrespect, humiliated and offended this forum community by sorting forum users in groups which are unable to understand what are you talking even if you tray to talk Martian.
Groups witch are not ready for it jet...
Groups witch are still in the mindset similar to those who poo-poo'ed the internet in it's early times.
Group of animals namely horses and even if you bring them to water you can't make them drink ( because they are retard - ops you thought that they are not ready for it jet, unable to understand even if you try to talk Martian.

If is that what you think for forum users then you can as well discuss your things in private because this community witch is classified by you seem too retard and unable to understand and discus about what you are talking.

And afer you sorted community in groups with destination into dustbin - you feel offended if someone mention another classification.

There is big difference between those who are pro cryptocurrencies and those who are con.
Those who are pro are constantly in need to open new threads or actively fight in them and r!a!p!e! those who are con or neutral with their views.
Those who are con - participate in threads discussions but usually don feel in need to open their own thread and force or moderate public opinion against cryptocurrencies.

Obviously you identify yourself in first group here.
You feel offended so you admit but still don't want to be treated in the same way as you did to forum community.

a real currency is backed up by gold which has always some kind of value due to being in need for production.
As much as I am inclined to agree, however...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_United_States_dollar#Fiat_standard

There is an important difference between certain countries. E.g. in Germany, "legal tender" is backed by force to accept it. In the US, to my knowledge, there is the (theoretical) freedom to refuse it. So it really depends only on the trust that it will retain its value until you need it for the next exchange. If Bitcoin and its successors are at least no worse than that...

The total value of all the gold ever mined: about $8 trillion USD
US federal debt: about $20 trillion USD

If you want to back up all the USD with gold better get busy learning alchemy...

san pointed it out already but your assumption is still wrong nevertheless.
the total value of USD in circulation was 2008 around 4 trillion.
i dont really know what you wanne say but this proves the same point that you tried to prove.

Yes op is right, im not ready for crypto currencys and will avoid them like the devil avoids the holy water.

This new crypto currency is a great way for the creator to become insanely rich by selling mining rights and whatnotever to gold diggers with no backup that the new currency will ever come to acceptance like bitcoins did.

I'd rather gamble with stock derivates than investing money into that new crypto currency.

Cryptocurrency mining has nothing to do with actual mining rights. You shouls learn about the topic before condemning it.. even though some of your skepticism is warranted.

Here is a small tutorial:

https://youtu.be/l9jOJk30eQs

I had mentioned the implementation of Cryptocurrency some time ago here in the forum; the idea was scoffed at by many and I'm sure the posts will continue to appear the same. I knew it was only a matter of time before it came into realization.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
- Mahatma Gandhi

First Double Token ICO is Focused on Gaming
link to article

If you end up acquiring some tokens and decide you want to secure them; here's a tutorial I made

Your video explains very clearly how to transfer ERC20 tokens to your hardware wallet using MyEtherWallet. But I imagine most of the people on this forum won't understand at all what you are speaking about and what is the background.

Regarding ICOs, they are right now a big reputational risk for Ethereum, and many of them are just outright scams. For those interested in ICOs, I would suggest to look at the following video
first

Last edited:
I dont know.. putincoin, neverdie handjob coin, and potcoin seems legit.

:D

Some of these coins remind me of the days of 12 daily pro and egold. Lol.

So let me ask you billairboy: Do you think bitcoin being accepted via a payment processor (where the business is not at risk due to not being subject to bitcoin's price volatility) is/can be a success? This question to you is based solely on the premise that, as you put it, "no real business want to have bitcoins in their pocket..." and also whether or not you believe bitcoin is being used here in this sense as a currency. Businesses accepting bitcoin via a payment processor - Success or fail for bitcoin in your opinion?

Yes, it can have some use as a payment processor, but I can for the world not understand why they should complicated the thing with a Bitcoin currency, it would be more usefull with a virtual currency like PED directly connected to the dollar or no currency at all. Or it could be backet up by a basket of currencies.

I would prefer a system where no "coins" would be created in the system without deposits to the system in form of real currency and the current value would be calculated based on the values of the different currencies that are in the deposits. That way the virtual digital currency would be backet up be real money and have a more stable exchange rate. Maybe in the future when the currency is well established they can create "coins" without any bank deposits backing them up, like currencies around the world today.

I would prefer a system where no "coins" would be created in the system without deposits to the system in form of real currency and the current value would be calculated based on the values of the different currencies that are in the deposits. That way the virtual digital currency would be backet up be real money and have a more stable exchange rate. Maybe in the future when the currency is well established they can create "coins" without any bank deposits backing them up, like currencies around the world today.
Did you read any of the above...? Nothing about our so-called "real" currencies is real, as in tangible. It's all but idea, contract, and belief. Maybe backed by a gun to your forehead in some places, as mentioned. We're not tought in school how money really works, and some suspect there's a reason for it. Bitcoin and derivatives at least are trying to make some amends by simulating a limited supply like with precious metal.

A precious metals fan and collector myself, but here is an article from today on "The State of Mining: Guide to Ethereum" from techspot.com.

http://www.techspot.com/article/1423-state-of-mining-ethereum/

Disclaimer: I do own and invest in digital currencies, precious metals, and other investments. But, by no means I'm an expert on all these subject matters and caution everything has risks. Use your own judgement and learn/collect knowledge before investing if you so choose to.

Back