More loot for the new players.

I did.

I like to track exactly my costs, loots, returns, and in order to properly do that without starting ammo getting mixed with looted ammo was to use universal ammo and that forced me to continuously look for shrapnel which for someone who hates trading was inconvenient. This way, without ammo in loot, I'll just buy my cells from TT and track those.

Also, a side effect would be that without recycling caused by using looted ammo, people's estimations on their returns would be more accurate, so we'll prolly see less of those people complaining about 50%-60%-70% return rates which are impossible if tracking is done correctly.

I suspect that lack of ammo in loot will cause some to actually spend less because they won't keep cycling... Something I, and I think a lot of other folks have started doing lately, is depositing via webshop purchases, which gets you universal ammo... which you then have to hunt with to convert in to other forms of ammo, shrapnel, etc.

A lot of that ammo and shrapnel gets TTed. I usually was using that stuff to repair armor and weapons, especially on the melee side since there's no real webshop option for melee users.

If that stuff isn't in the loot it will up the markup on the stuff you do get, but it'll keep folks from TTing the loot they got (ok they'll still TT the 103% and less stuff like muscle oil, but be a bit more reluctant to do that than TTing ammo that has no markup)... fewer things being sold to the TT will mean fewer folks cycling til next deposit time I suspect... time will tell what impact that will have on the economy. It could ultimately result in lower returns for Mindark and in a few months all of the CLD owners will be bitching even louder than they usually do, lol... of course, smart for MA to make this move mid-summer before regular end of year upswing.

Oh you two your are so silly. I am glad at one of you or maybe both are confessing to telling MA, better than the visible mob thing where no one did, maybe because there was no one.

I digress what I was going to tell you is a simple to track your ammo that I have been doing for a long time. I would think you both have tracker, right and if not get it, then load the combat log and choose your weapon. Actually any weapon that uses ammo is fine because all you will do is track the hits and misses. With me so far ? Anyway, when you head out to hunt just equip your weapon and look at the number of shots you have and there you go. If you going to do a bunch like 2000 you only need to check at around 400 unless you have been getting ammo in the loot (which will end soon I guess) and you will know when you have fired your original count.

Two other things remember to add the hit AND misses and if you use any other weapon, like a tagger, your count will be a little off but I don't think enough to make a diff but if that does to you then I cannot help you.

I would think you both have tracker, right and if not get it, then load the combat log and choose your weapon.

Actually I don't know what tracker you're talking about; could you please share a link or something?

I guess you posted after reading the first post and nothing, That was a JOKE.

You probably need lessons in comedy writing even more than you need lessons in playing EU then ;)

It's possible to track ammo spent / shots made by looking at amplifier decay as well. If you're using A103 or bigger (those having more than 1 PEC of decay), it doesn't even take manipulations with fruit/sweat/whatever.

Oh you two your are so silly. I am glad at one of you or maybe both are confessing to telling MA, better than the visible mob thing where no one did, maybe because there was no one.

I digress what I was going to tell you is a simple to track your ammo that I have been doing for a long time. I would think you both have tracker, right and if not get it, then load the combat log and choose your weapon. Actually any weapon that uses ammo is fine because all you will do is track the hits and misses. With me so far ? Anyway, when you head out to hunt just equip your weapon and look at the number of shots you have and there you go. If you going to do a bunch like 2000 you only need to check at around 400 unless you have been getting ammo in the loot (which will end soon I guess) and you will know when you have fired your original count.

Two other things remember to add the hit AND misses and if you use any other weapon, like a tagger, your count will be a little off but I don't think enough to make a diff but if that does to you then I cannot help you.

That tool only allows one weapon selected so only suitable if you use the same gun all hunt, but I can use a tagger, 2 melee weapons and two finishers.

I myself never asked for ammo to be removed as I use UA, so logging is easy but when Im outta UA, logging is a little more time consuming when working out what I shot, and what was loot so I consider this an improvement

You probably need lessons in comedy writing even more than you need lessons in playing EU then ;)

Hehe very true, writing of any kind was never my forte lol.

Actually I don't know what tracker you're talking about; could you please share a link or something?

Entropia life's tracker, has a logger in where you can choose your setups and it logs your DPS, eco, , hits, misses and so on

Reactions: DoA
That tool only allows one weapon selected so only suitable if you use the same gun all hunt, but I can use a tagger, 2 melee weapons and two finishers.

I myself never asked for ammo to be removed as I use UA, so logging is easy but when Im outta UA, logging is a little more time consuming when working out what I shot, and what was loot so I consider this an improvement

You are making the same mistake that I did IMO you become a jack of all and master of none and never hit the magical 100 hit and 100 damage in a life time. After several years of play I finally figured it out and now I am getting close to those numbers.

Just an opinion as I said and ofc you play as you like and more power to you :)

You are making the same mistake that I did IMO you become a jack of all and master of none and never hit the magical 100 hit and 100 damage in a life time. After several years of play I finally figured it out and now I am getting close to those numbers.

Just an opinion as I said and ofc you play as you like and more power to you :)

i originally went 100% laser pistol, got to 57 and saw UL prices. The cheap melee caught my eye so switched to that, plus laser rifle for hitting until in melee range. now im 60 LP, 58 Knife, 57 LS, ill keep with knife and LS now i think tho, those HP gains have been much welcomed from melee

playing eco will not make you profit.
playing eco will get your costs down.

To profit you need minis/globals/hofs. Small mobs can mini, even punies can, but not that high.
First tip for my disciples is always: don't hunt the punies, hunt "real" mobs, which can mini or even global or have nice markup items or pixie armor. Find the sweet spots in the game and you will thrive.

Lootwise, I suggested a while back that extending the mission for Caly bone samples would be an easy and cost effective way to help new players. www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?279089-Bone-Samples-Bone-to-Pick&highlight=

I know Caly and MA are not exactly the same thing, but the Caly devs have paid quite a bit of attention to new players, especially with new missions. There have a been a few missteps (colored jumpsuits) and there is more they can do and need to do, but there is pretty steady progress. I do think this is an obvious step that would help.

(Also, it's been pretty obvious for awhile that MA/Caly are funneling new players into the laser profession, probably to simplify early gameplay...so I think punies will mainly drop laser weapons.)

I'd be very surprised if they didn't. ;)

Based on the loot 2.0 bulletpoints I'd say it's confirmed that they do read the forum quite often or perhaps Ludvig is low key very good at his job :laugh:

playing eco will not make you profit.
playing eco will get your costs down.

To profit you need minis/globals/hofs. Small mobs can mini, even punies can, but not that high.
First tip for my disciples is always: don't hunt the punies, hunt "real" mobs, which can mini or even global or have nice markup items or pixie armor. Find the sweet spots in the game and you will thrive.

The first two lines are TRUTH period.

The rest is also truth, I only hunt punies when my luck is down and I like to play even for little money :).

if punies looted better i would kill them all day long. Bad idea

wrong gun for these mobs.

Match the equipment to the mob to get much better returns.

For punies = TT guns, or the guns they drop (Rubio, Azurio)
no armour or CDF armour - S10 fap.

Retur
ns about 90 to 95%, with MU eve better.

(Results based o
n the 10k (or whatever the top puny challenge is...I forget) Punnie Challege completed)

If MA gave them a better retur
n that normal mobs, everyone would have a alt for just huting these to make up for losses from other hunting with their main.

PLUS - the skillgai
ns seem to be a lot more on punnies (more green lines) because they die quick..

Last edited:
wrong gun for these mobs.

Match the equipment to the mob to get much better returns.

For punies = TT guns, or the guns they drop (Rubio, Azurio)
no armour or CDF armour - S10 fap.

Retur
ns about 90 to 95%, with MU eve better.

(Results based o
n the 10k Punnie Challege completed)

If MA gave them a better retur
n that normal mobs, everyone would have a alt for just huting these to make up for losses from other hunting with their main.

PLUS - the skillgai
ns seem to be a lot more on punnies (more green lines) because they die quick..

When did you finish the 10K mission ? Thanks for the info I sure it will help me.

So many advise to not use armor on puny. I say if u got chap or low protection armor like
Adjusted Harrier go ahead since u may want to tier armor someday so may as well take some hits to get it to .9 save fap repair for higher level mobs. Armor isnt needed for one on one puny but if u go icarus to the red swarm u might get 5 or more mob at once so armor helps a bit

So many advise to not use armor on puny. I say if u got chap or low protection armor like
Adjusted Harrier go ahead since u may want to tier armor someday so may as well take some hits to get it to .9 save fap repair for higher level mobs. Armor isnt needed for one on one puny but if u go icarus to the red swarm u might get 5 or more mob at once so armor helps a bit

On mobs bigger that dom toxes I wear armor. I did wear armor, (actually all the time) as you say to tier up but now the tiers are too hard to get to, my top armor piece is ghost harness 4.3 with the rest down to 1, foot guards, the foot guards are the hardest to tier I think.

the foot guards are the hardest to tier I think.
Maybe MA can change the way that small mobs like sabakumba work so they aim at your feet first since it's the closest part to them.

Marked Improvement

Hi,

I have been hunting puny lately and the returns have been shockingly stable!

I may just migrate back to where all the hatch-lings hang out and hunt 24/7!

Been using looted weapons for these mobs and amplifiers nothing else atm.

Regards

Hi,

I have been hunting puny lately and the returns have been shockingly stable!

I may just migrate back to where all the hatch-lings hang out and hunt 24/7!

Been using looted weapons for these mobs and amplifiers nothing else atm.

Regards

Interesting is it not ?

Back