Loot 2.0 Balancing

Hoping they don't fuck people with expensive guns like they fucked people with expensive faps (i.e restoration chips).

??? whats wrong with resto chips ?

Ruined markup on faps by providing healing items 5 times cheaper than the market

oh you mean making good fap affordable for medium player ?

I dont see anything bad in this... Time to make the game affordable for more player... you dont think ?

loot 2.0 is just a way to reduce the gap between medium players and ubers owning the best items in game ( most of these items are duplicated and from a time where the game was another game...)

btw, with loot 2.0 im lossing every hunt, not loosing much, but its a stable loose...

I dont see anything bad in this... Time to make the game affordable for more player... you dont think ?

loot 2.0 is just a way to reduce the gap between medium players and ubers owning the best items in game ( most of these items are duplicated and from a time where the game was another game...)

btw, with loot 2.0 im lossing every hunt, not loosing much, but its a stable loose...

and im losing A LOT more compared to before. im using a little over average weapon eco and eco ratingwise and im killing the mobs in a speedy manner and got an appropriate armor. before the change i was turning in small profit per 300 ped cycled (roughly 120-150 kills) and now im losing around 30-130 ped per 300 ped cycled (done 10 runs of those now so about 1.2k-1.5k kills)

Would you feel the same if you had paid like over 40 CLD's for a fap that had it's value drop to 50k ped because of the introduction of those chips and shroom faps as well? Or maybe you would share his view on that a bit more then huh? ;p

Would you feel the same if you had paid like over 40 CLD's for a fap that had it's value drop to 50k ped because of the introduction of those chips and shroom faps as well? Or maybe you would share his view on that a bit more then huh? ;p
40 CLDs cost less than 50k at a time before these things were introduced and if that's the price you paid for said item, it was probably considered fair back then. We all know that there are few exceptions to the fate of items losing value and that there is a limited time window to make your investment back before that gets difficult because of competition or proliferation. Given that relatively few are privileged to attain these things, but actual money is made from the much broader mass of the proletariat (motivated from looking up to such idols which is why they need to be kept, too), it seems rational to cater to that side at least some of the time.

has anyone tried killing mobs by matching the damage type they do with a weapon that does same damage and see how it fairs? for example kill a cold mob with a weapon that does cold damage ...kill a mob that does impact damage with a weapon that does impact...and burn with burn and so on? Just a thought...as you match armor for damage type for protection why not weapon? might not be relevant but could it be?

Regards
Tees

has anyone tried killing mobs by matching the damage type they do with a weapon that does same damage and see how it fairs? for example kill a cold mob with a weapon that does cold damage ...kill a mob that does impact damage with a weapon that does impact...and burn with burn and so on? Just a thought...as you match armor for damage type for protection why not weapon? might not be relevant but could it be?

Regards
Tees

then it would make no sense to kill a burn damage mob with burn damage as it would be naturally resistent against those...

Regards
Tees

Would not make sense to implement said item without means to change the damage your weapon can do. If i needed several weapons to hunt, i would never hunt.

Fair enough was just a thought

Fair enough was just a thought
Maybe you are onto something. MA mentioned they're working on some kind of specialized hunting, whatever that is. This one supposedly requires special skills, most likely new skills not in game yet. Who knows, maybe some kind of special gear is also included?

Time will tell.. :cool:

Maybe you are onto something. MA mentioned they're working on some kind of specialized hunting, whatever that is. This one supposedly requires special skills, most likely new skills not in game yet. Who knows, maybe some kind of special gear is also included?

Time will tell.. :cool:

I just feel that to hunt certain mobs you need certain protection... hence some people keep a set of different Armours for the occasion... Could it not be the case of weapons too... Where you keep a certain set of weapons based on the type of damage the mob does your hunting and you match the typr of damage to that .... Atomic mentioned if that was the case they would never hunt.... You have a tagger main gun and finisher is that not already a set of weapons.... if it can be with Armours.... I mean what would stop MA from doing that... They are quite adventurous and love to throw puzzles... So if we can have various set of Armours to counter various types of damages then we have a set of weapons... Tagger main and finisher... Then what stops keeping a set of type of damage weapon for the type of damage from mob? Just curiosity...

I just feel that to hunt certain mobs you need certain protection... hence some people keep a set of different Armours for the occasion... Could it not be the case of weapons too... Where you keep a certain set of weapons based on the type of damage the mob does your hunting and you match the typr of damage to that .... Atomic mentioned if that was the case they would never hunt.... You have a tagger main gun and finisher is that not already a set of weapons.... if it can be with Armours.... I mean what would stop MA from doing that... They are quite adventurous and love to throw puzzles... So if we can have various set of Armours to counter various types of damages then we have a set of weapons... Tagger main and finisher... Then what stops keeping a set of type of damage weapon for the type of damage from mob? Just curiosity...
What you are describing has been done. I have played a game where not only avatars had armors, mobs had (invisible) armors as well... with all the consequences.

I doubt MA would implement a similar system here. The shock-wave from a change so grandiose would most likely kill the game.

What you are describing has been done. I have played a game where not only avatars had armors, mobs had (invisible) armors as well... with all the consequences.

I doubt MA would implement a similar system here. The shock-wave from a change so grandiose would most likely kill the game.

LOL so true... too much to handle... Things are complicated as it is.

Have been wracking my brain as to how they might achieve a higher return for hunters without cutting into their profits.

One possible way to achieve this might be to make weapons damage align with the mobs armor class.

Myself , my dominant weapon class is mindforce specifically pyro and electric. If a mob were to take more damage or at least the damage specified by my weapon , and other weapons that didn't do the correct type of attack might do less efficient killing.

Would this open a lot more cross skilling , forcing more weapons to be relevant and eliminating a one size fits all approach that is used now?

Just a thought

Mindark already has your money as soon as you make a deposit, how you choose to use the peds is up to you... They have also stated that they make their money from players from decay, so it's a sort of transaction tax when changing peds into other types of resources. This makes sense, you pay a transaction tax in the form of +tt or +Mu% when purchasing anything from another player.

Mindark already has your money as soon as you make a deposit, how you choose to use the peds is up to you... They have also stated that they make their money from players from decay, so it's a sort of transaction tax when changing peds into other types of resources. This makes sense, you pay a transaction tax in the form of +tt or +Mu% when purchasing anything from another player.

Mindark do not make any money from player to player transactions.

Rgds

Ace

Would not make sense to implement said item without means to change the damage your weapon can do. If i needed several weapons to hunt, i would never hunt.

It would make logical sense, a lot of players already carry multiple weapons for tagging, main dps and finisher, a lot of players already carry multiple sets of armour.

I wouldn't put it past MA to have damage to match the enemy your hunting.

Though I can understand making a lot of people unhappy knowing their gear (especially if you consider the price tag on some of them) can only be used in so many ways. At the very least matching damage to enemy makes more sense then trying to find this magical sweet spot for dps, dpp, armour, healing, etc... with loot 2.0.

Its something to test at least in order to figure out loot 2.0.

The volatility on the other hand...

Back