Dropship Dauntless Firebase ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I had exited the game in area with mobs around. A few hours later when I came back in I came down with a bunch of mobs around me and was busy killing them and out of the corner of my eye I see a black aircraft and in between healing and killing I got a mouse over and I think it said Dropship Dauntless Firebase not real sure about the dauntless be the rest is correct. As I recall I don't think it showed up on my radar at least not a green dot. Then I had to finish kill and healing and when I looked up again it was gone.

Just wondering what it was:scratch2: as I have not seen one ever before and that is over 10 years.

A black one is one of the original few released Dropships. After that they are designated Camp patterns depending on the fire base you are assigned to.

Still funny they use drop ship as name and Google pulls up links for drop shipping.... Seems planet partners are following mindarks old click bait mentality sometimes

You lucky one. :laugh:

There are over thirty dropships existing, but so far I've never seen one being actually used.

I don't know what it was doing but it was on caly.

Yes they are a new ship on Arkadia which rumor has it will be space bound one day. The only real issue here is that they are only User Bound as of this point and can only be gotten by doing the long Payback mission. So as many will point out, to get this ship you would have to spend well over a year to grind different levels of mobs to get one and such is great pride to have one to be locked in game as long as your account is active.

Edit: Forgot about the black ones being the UL 50k Dropships Arkadia devs where selling a while back.

Last edited:
There have also been some sold in auction that are functional clones of the equs but with the dropship shape.

There have also been some sold in auction that are functional clones of the equs but with the dropship shape.

Wait? When was this?!? I thought all were User Bound? Isn't yours? But cool thanks for the info.

Edit/update:

Or wait a sec. Yes they did have a few on sale in auction for 50k if I'm right and those were the black ones which could be space ready some day?

Last edited:
Wait? When was this?!? I thought all were User Bound? Isn't yours? But cool thanks for the info.

Edit/update:

Or wait a sec. Yes they did have a few on sale in auction for 50k if I'm right and those were the black ones which could be space ready some day?

No. The black ones were just the first few (I don't know how many, guess about 5) dropships handed out to the first players who completed the Payback mission, similar to the Skullcandy reward for the first month when Viceroy came out. They are called "Dropship Vanguard" and are not formally attached to a firebase, which determines for everybody else who follows whether they get the desert, jungle or arctic design.

All of those acquired through the mission are user-bound, because they are really a bonus, a gift on top of the already pretty decent skill rewards (was universal ammo in the beginning which meant you could essentially do it for free, but it seems they were forced to change that). As you progress through the mission you are promoted through military ranks, and together with the equipment given will eventually be priviledged to play a leading role in future events, think big military operations as the announcement suggested.

One funny fact is, even though they are not tradable, they are listed in the auction house under orders/available. Go have a look in the vehicles section.

There is no evidence to support that they will be spaceworthy one day. Those rumours are solely the players' wishful thinking. The latest space-going "Firebird Limited Edition" is technically the same as Quad-Wing Equus, only its design is based on the shape of a Dropship. It is sold under the same conditions also, i.e. 50k from the source. Arkadia Studios only switched from offering them under "Global Auctions" to the regular planet auction. There are some waiting for a buyer right now, you can check them out.

All this information is publicly available, prominently and much discussed on the planet partner's forum which is also Arkadia's official communication platform. Why there is so much confusion about simple information, even among those who frequent the other forums, remains a mystery.

Back