Server downtime for release

whoop here it is :yay:

loot 2.0

giphy.gif

276mb seems a little low for a big change, while its mostly under the hood changes i would predict bigger, maybe its Loot 1.5

Fingers crossed this one will be a real change :p:laugh:

276mb seems a little low for a big change, while its mostly under the hood changes i would predict bigger, maybe its Loot 1.5

Well, I expect most loot changes to be server, not client side, so I don't think that you're right.

The only client side change I expect is the display of the new eco-rating on all weapons.

Reactions: das
Well, I expect most loot changes to be server, not client side, so I don't think that you're right.

The only client side change I expect is the display of the new eco-rating on all weapons.

hope i am, but depending on where things are stored and accessed it could require alot of small tweaks to files and even if you alter 1 line of text the updater needs to redownload the whole file. plus there is the armor changes to add and probably ring decay (notice more uber rings are for sale suddenly? <tin foil hat on.>)

i suspect this might be an update to work get systems in place and then later in the week or next tuesday the database and loot go live

On Tuesday 2017-06-20 at 07:00 UTC, the Entropia Universe servers will be taken offline for an update to release 15.15.0.
We estimate a downtime of 2 hour.
Estimated max download size for this release is approximately 276 MB.
For details on UTC time please see!www.entropiauniverse.com/utc

I'd love if these update announcements were a little more specific about what is getting updated -- even post-release, it's often guess work to figure out what planets if any received content updates. Simply adding that updates are expected for certain planets would be fantastic.

In the meantime, at least Hypnotik does a great job gathering release notes together in one post to rule all release note posts.

inb4 uber sell-out threads.

I'd love if these update announcements were a little more specific about what is getting updated -- even post-release, it's often guess work to figure out what planets if any received content updates. Simply adding that updates are expected for certain planets would be fantastic.

In the meantime, at least Hypnotik does a great job gathering release notes together in one post to rule all release note posts.

They cant be specific prerelease for obvious reasons.

I'm almost the furthest thing from a game designer, but this isn't new content, like guns, teleporters, etc. Would it not be mostly code, which is much smaller in file size? Someone else mentioned it having a server-side aspect, which is also possible.

Either way, 15.15 does suggest a somewhat major release.

Reactions: das
I'm almost the furthest thing from a game designer, but this isn't new content, like guns, teleporters, etc. Would it not be mostly code, which is much smaller in file size? Someone else mentioned it having a server-side aspect, which is also possible.

Either way, 15.15 does suggest a somewhat major release.

its hard to call

On Tuesday 2017-04-04 at 08:00 UTC, the Entropia Universe servers will be taken offline for a patch to release 15.13.1.
We estimate a downtime of 1 hour.
Estimated download size for this patch is approximately 367 MB.
For details on UTC time please see www.entropiauniverse.com/utc

Originally Posted Here

• The Battle Simulator Leaderboard payout structure has been adjusted to award more prize places.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

even 15.14 was 367mb but had a big list of small changes.
i hope its loot 2.0,armor and ring decay but i think this will be groundwork

its hard to call

i hope its loot 2.0,armor and ring decay but i think this will be groundwork

inb4 rage-quit sellouts when ring decay comes..

this shit is getting so good.. I'm already getting a half-chub just thinking about the cry threads while 2.0 is implemented

inb4 rage-quit sellouts when ring decay comes..

this shit is getting so good.. I'm already getting a half-chub just thinking about the cry threads while 2.0 is implemented

remember, cry is free

Pretty sure they mentioned that 2.0 would be implemented one piece at a time so they could evaluate reaction/feedback. So don't expect crazy changes all at once.

I just hope depo > shoot > greenlines> loot/swirls still works.

Pretty sure they mentioned that 2.0 would be implemented one piece at a time so they could evaluate reaction/feedback. So don't expect crazy changes all at once.

from in game
[Local] [MindArkOfficial LiveSupport Apollo] : Its is version 15.15.0, a major release. and will include Loot 2.0, maybe not all

Reactions: jak
Correct me if I'm wrong but livesupport official avatars have no direct knowledge about the inner workings of scheduled VUs ?

I bet they at least read PCF unlike some ppl here (who create threads asking ridiculous questions instead search forum or even outside and getting loads of detailed answers).

Developer Notes #11 - Loot 2.0

Later this month, MindArk will be releasing a special Loot 2.0 Version Update that will overhaul the way in which hunting loot is calculated and distributed. Many of the features and systems added over the past few years have gradually led to this update, which will significantly improve overall loot returns for the vast majority (upwards of 98%) of participants.

The information in this Developer Notes article is intended to inform participants of the upcoming changes and to gather initial impressions and feedback to help ensure a smooth implementation of this exciting update. Please bear in mind that the changes described below are still being finalized and tested, so some specific details may be changed upon release, while other changes may require additional refinement or testing and therefore may not appear in the initial Loot 2.0 release, but instead in subsequent patches or Version Updates.

Lootius2.0 bless us all.

I hope plain briefs will come back to loot!
I havent changed underwear in approx 10 years.

Loot 2.0 ! Lets hope for the Best update since the town of Sundsvall was on fire!

All EU knowledge erased :yay:
lets go for a server wipe :p :eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Back