Customizing weapon appearances!

Would you ever use a feature with this if the price is low?

• Yes

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
Society
Freelancer
Edgewise
Edit: Poll is supposed to read "Would you ever use a feature like this if the price is low?"

Hi,

My friend Slim StrongMinded Joe had an idea, which can be found in other MMORPGs.

Transmute/change weapon appearances.

This would make an additional income source for MA (which I hope could go into loot pool:wise:)

Imagine,
You are level 40, and the only (L) weapons that you can use efficiently for your level has a look on it that you absolutely hate/can't stand the weapon item sound because it is bugged (hello Arkadia and some weapons for those who remember :laugh:)

For a tiny cost, let's say 1 ped (can even be lower to promote the use of this feature) you may transmute a item appearance (laser -> laser only, and blp->blp only) from one gun to another.

I've always wanted to run around shooting things with ML 35 / Camo since I first got to try it by borrowing from a friend. I love the looks and the sound of those guns.

Sure, it will make it more confusing for other avatars what gun you are actually using. This also brings another reason for scanners!

With the changes of Loot 2.0, I was hoping a feature like this could directly feed the loot pool and increasing overall returns, for those who use it and for those who don't. :woot:

I sort of enjoy using my Calytrek III (L) weapons from time to time, but in the long run it get's really boring using a gun with the same looks.

I am sure some of us would use this feature, it can also even be a useful one in PvP.. Imagine being in there with a fully tiered absolute beast of a weapon but making it look like a puny Jester D-1.

Different weapon transmutes could have different costs - or it could require that you have one of the items you wish to transform it into in your inventory (not consumed by the process).

This could make the game more dynamic, and also more difficult to read by just using your eyes (again, more scanners will be used hopefully).

More availability, less restrictions = more fun! :yay:

I know I would use this feature frequently and GLADLY pay to use it, no doubt about it!

Please reply to the thread and give me constructive feedback :)

Regards,
Edgewise

I'd say no.
Transmutation would make no sense. To have an opalo that looks like an ML35? :scratch2:

But colorable are texturizable, yes.

I'd say no.
Transmutation would make no sense. To have an opalo that looks like an ML35? :scratch2:

But colorable are texturizable, yes.

Opalo is laser, ml 35 is BLP so that would be a no from my OP :)

It should have some range of restrictions as well I think.

Maybe high level weapons can be transmuted into any lower level weapons, but lower level weapons has a limit on what you can transmute it into.

This is just an initial idea, so constructive feedback is much appreciated instead than just "Makes no sense"

Opalo is laser, ml 35 is BLP so that would be a no from my OP :)

It should have some range of restrictions as well I think.

Maybe high level weapons can be transmuted into any lower level weapons, but lower level weapons has a limit on what you can transmute it into.

Lol, still no.
To have an ML35 that looks like a cb5? :scratch2:
:laugh:

This is just an initial idea, so constructive feedback is much appreciated instead than just "Makes no sense"

You asked for an opinion through a poll, so I give my opinion with feedback.
So what's the problem with that? :scratch2:

Sorry, that I don't like your idea because imho it "makes no sense" to do so.
No offense intended.

I want to customize my laser so it makes a moo moo sound, and fires a rainbow of colours. I also want my gun to have azzurdite texture.

I want to customize my laser so it makes a moo moo sound, and fires a rainbow of colours. I also want my gun to have azzurdite texture.

hmmm... after reading this I might change my opinion. :laugh:

That's not what I meant so I'll just see this as a troll reply.

The customizing should only be available with items that you've already got in game

So unless you got a effin moo moo gun, with my intended OP it won't work. :dunce:

we had a discussion about colouring/texturing guns on the cyrene forum, and it seems people liked the idea. but transmuting into other guns i don't like, it could be confusing and open the chance of scams

They should just use the existing texturing system more to provide cool skins for guns. I mean look at DOTA 2 cosmetics or CS:GO gun skins....

No... because could potentially lead to scams... here's a mod merc n00b . Open trade window and itd be opalo with a new skin....

Another issue would be ranges etc.... especially melee

That's not what I meant so I'll just see this as a troll reply.

The customizing should only be available with items that you've already got in game

So unless you got a effin moo moo gun, with my intended OP it won't work. :dunce:

Gif moo gun :mad:

Back