FYI: Weapon Economy Rating

Now if i overamp a weapon and get 20% more eco, do i also get more retun?

Now that is the real question. It really should not. But who knows what kinds of bugs are about?

ArMatrix LR-15(L) is 62.1%
with a103 is 66.5%

From AH: Mayhem Scintillator Helitrope 62.2 %.

ArMatrix LR35 (L) = 63.7%, w/ RDI Alpha = 69.9%

Yeah... 2-4 dmg gun with my Dante (providing there is such BLP gun) = 500% ECO
Not quite that high

dante.jpg

It's pure waste thou, (as shown in stats) weapon damage only increases by 1.5

ArMatrix LR35 (L) = 63.7%, w/ RDI Alpha = 69.9%

So the plan is to make almost all of the current weapons obsolete, introduce new L and Unl SIB that we have to buy (after losing our investment in current gear) to remain eco?

So the plan is to make almost all of the current weapons obsolete, introduce new L and Unl SIB that we have to buy (after losing our investment in current gear) to remain eco?

The higher eco (L) was fairly expected, it was called for numerous times in suggestions to kick start crafting again and therefore increase demand on looted materials, giving hunters and miners better MU

possibly the worst eco in game... grenade launcher ngl-1 economy 13.9%

Skills do not effect the Economy parameter.

Also, if the number shown in the Economy parameter is orange, that is because it is being modified by attachments.

Don't suppose you guys would be willing to explain to us how you came up with the "economy rating" of each weapon now would you?

Broadly speaking, "economy" seems to relate to the old dpp on a scale from 2.0 dpp to 3.5 dpp. So an economy of 66.7 relates to 3.0 dpp, at least approximately.

Under the old loot system I don't think it was possible to do under 2.0 dpp due to the way you got massively compensated in loot for using weapons with under 2.0 dpp. This suggests we are no longer being compensated for using poor eco weapons.

I have immediately noticed that the "loot class" system has been changed, so it may be more difficult to work out how loot is generated than previously. We shall see!

[I posted some explanations of the old loot system here last week for anyone interested - this explains some external factors that previously altered your loot, such as weapon eco, armor, heals etc]

Forrest :)

This suggests we are no longer being compensated for using poor eco weapons.

I have immediately noticed that the "loot class" system has been changed, so it may be more difficult to work out how loot is generated than previously. We shall see!

This would mean that IMK2 would stand in a class by its own with it's 90%, compared with most of my weapons that are around 55%-60%.

Axe 2x0 (oldschool) 70.4%

Archon sword 65% (not ampable)
Philosopher's sword 59.7% (dunno if ampable or not)

Eron Soulgrinder 54.1%

Melee trauma amplifier 1 65%
Melee trauma amplifier IV 76.7%

Katsuichi Determination (oldschool) 57.0%
Adjusted Katsuichi Determination (SIB) 57.6%

Sollomate Opalo 48% (!)

As for difference between new and old series of SIB weapons, it seems to be around 3% (say, 54% vs 57%).

Last edited:
i've seen a 7% can't recall what and heard of a 2%

unique legend war axe and unique roman ram purifier got both 0,0 % eco :D

but i was curious about how many weapons are in the 50-60 % range when a imk2 reches around the 90

Broadly speaking, "economy" seems to relate to the old dpp on a scale from 2.0 dpp to 3.5 dpp. So an economy of 66.7 relates to 3.0 dpp, at least approximately.

Remember that "our" dpp numbers include several factors such as randomized damage (-25%), mob evade (-10%), crit chance (+x). MA used to stick with the pure max damage/cost number, as e.g. given with the various upgrade missions. If all factors are multiplicative it shouldn't throw off linear interpolation, but the Entropedia tool gives an additive term for crit damage which I'm not entirely sure how it is derived.

However... if IMK2 has 90.4 and Perf. TR6 has 72.5 and seeing the rest, it doesn't look as if this is linear/straightforward.

possibly the worst eco in game... grenade launcher ngl-1 economy 13.9%

thanks i was looking for this eco stat, and obviously it doesn't consider the weapon area damage.

ngl-1 has a 3.0 eco or more, all depends about how many mobs u kill at time, now u can kill the same number of mobs but u'll be punished in loot return because of so low economy number.

yesterday i did some test (not with ngl1, i dont have it) , small and such, but result was so clear that i didn't need to test more.

did anyone test the ngl1?

thanks i was looking for this eco stat, and obviously it doesn't consider the weapon area damage.

ngl-1 has a 3.0 eco or more, all depends about how many mobs u kill at time, now u can kill the same number of mobs but u'll be punished in loot return because of so low economy number.

yesterday i did some test (not with ngl1, i dont have it) , small and such, but result was so clear that i didn't need to test more.

The eco is the same even if spread over several mobs, so there is no magic extra eco just because its area damage..sorry :)

i do not agree. just an example

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=Assault_Rifle_(FA)(L)

take this and if u shot one mob is 2.831 dpp (old stat) but, as all knows, u can shot 4-5 mobs at time and things change

all area damage weapons are the same because they do a minimum 1 damage x mob

actually when u got one that deals 100 damage and u hit one mob then that mob gets 100 damage. when u hit 5 mobs instead all get 20 damage. the damage is split up between the targets.

DetPil Python (L) Tier 5 and fully enhancer-fied: 54.4%

Isis Project Zero-Three RX Edition (L) Tier 1 and enhancer-fied: 55.9%

EWE LC-120 Purpose CDF Edition (L): = 56% (with Omegaton B101 (L) amp (65.9%) increases to 56.1%)

Calytrek CR Spirit Mk.1 CDF Edition (L): = 57.5%

Camo Arms Marine Stalker E.L.M. Edition (L) Tier 8 and fully enhancer-fied: 62.2%

Quite honestly the ONLY time I really use that gun is just do do the bar fight instance on rocktropia when I'm low on ped or have shitloads of explosives to burn. Any other use of the gun other than to intimidate other hunters by aggroing everything in sight is probably dumb use of the gun. I know on RT there is at least one guy that used to always use explosives on Studio Street with overprotected armor... wonder if he's tested it since the change.

Afaik 100% = 3.5dpp (effective).

Check the Ram Purifier on AU, = 0.0% economy.

OldDPP ~= (0.012 * Economy Rating) + 2.1984 ??

or

Economy Rating ~= (OldDPP - 2.1984)/0.012

It's close, but I just did a quick linear regression.

Last edited:
Thanks all, I have updated original post with my findings.

Thanks you to those who provided information.

If your data point doesn't fit, it might be because the known dpp is incorrect

Regards,

Immortal

OldDPP ~= (0.012 * Economy Rating) + 2.1984 ??

or

Economy Rating ~= (OldDPP - 2.1984)/0.012

It's close, but I just did a quick linear regression.

It's not linear.

Somewhere in the vicinity of f(x)=0.32*(x-1.5)^1.8, or slightly lower power.

(my data comes from forum, and some points are suspicious, but I'm lazy to get out and gather better data :))

I have never seen it work like that, if you have a weapon that does that then surely it is a bug and should be reported..

ok i dont want go on with this subject, but i dont need to report anything because it is a well know weapon:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?224784-The-most-eco-rifle-available

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...?228909-Multiple-damage-(THING-assault-rifle)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?217180-Arctic-Rifle-from-The-Thing

This for grenade launcher NGL1: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?283255-Grenade-Launcher-NGL-1
and so on...

anyway u can also spawm damage around but loot is horrible (at least with monura on ark)

cheers

Last edited:
What a pile of junk...

Herman SIR-10 50.6%, w/ Beast 54.7%
Herman ARK-R 49.9%
Herman ASI-R 49.9%
Gravis GBR-23 46.9%, w/ Beast 53.7%
B.A.M.F ZK7 50.9%, w/ Beast 55.0%
Ozpyn BP S1X1 56.6%
Ozpyn BP S1X3 56.5%
Ozpyn RSB S1X1 56.7%, w/ Trauma I 59.5%
Ozpyn RSB S1X2 56.8%, w/ Trauma VI 62.9%
Bukin's Blade 55.7%
Bukin's Spare Rifle 57.2%
Ozpyn LR S1X1 54.4%
S.I. Scorpion 55.2%
S.I. HK110 56.0%, w/ Sinkadus 64.8%
S.I. Psy-Blade 56.0%
S.I. Flamethrower 56.5%
Marber Bravo 57.0%
Katsuichi Valor 63.6%, w/ Trauma VI 67.3%
Philosopher's Sword 59.7%
Castorian Combat Enblade-A 46.5%
Maze Hammer (L) 57.3%
Geotrek LP485 Apis (L) 56.3%
Juelz Mic-Killa SG-1 (L) 54.4%
Emik Enigma L3 CDF Edition (L) 57.2%
Batsim Photonic R1 (L) 60.5%
Batsim Photonic R2 (L) 60.5%, w/ Beast 62.6%

@ San

67% is junk?

Can any of you please post the eco on GLR series?

@ San

67% is junk?

No, but this one requires level 100. And ofc I was joking ;) All items are in my collection because I wanted them. The eco rating doesn't tell me anything new either, but it can be a bit brutal...

Back