Entropia Universe 15.15.0 Release Notes

Better loot for all?

Call me a skeptic, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Better loot for all?

Call me a skeptic, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I played about 7 hours today and I have to say the loot was better. Having said that it is not the same as making a profit. You are just losing your ped slower. I didn't really have any real awful runs like the 200 ped run on big troxs (Prowler and everything below) the other day I cashed 70 ped. But don't confuse more loot with profit :). Its kind of like the old thing about cooking a frog, if you through him in boiling water he jumps out but in you put him in cool water and raise the temp a little at a time he just sits there but is dead at the end all the same just takes longer:). MA is just taking the ped slower and all of a sudden you have to depo and don't know where the ped went.

Or add ammo burn to all melee weapons and have them consume universal first and when none is available they would start to decay. Pretty sure they have this code already ...and they already know how much ammo burn to add etc.

you can do this with an attachment that enables UA usage.

And that is where your problem is.

I don't disagree however (don't take this wrong) I already know that I will not make money here nor will any but a very few. So, I just want to make the money last as long as possible and if I have to depo 100USD a month I will call that good. I bet there are many here that spend that much over the weekend in a cocktail lounge and the only thing they get is a full bladder:laugh:. This is the least expensive entertainment of about anything I have ever done for enjoyment and I do enjoy this game a great deal:).

I read it like that, whoever enters it creates his own temporary instance

For what would be that good?
I remember when they nerfed beacon and you cant solo it any more. Is logical that those of 36 ped and up are hard because harder mobs and because not enough time so is logical to have team but to nerf also smallest ones was not so necessary.

Similar thing happened in Aakas instances on ark. Now you cant enter even having created team if you don't have real players in team. Instead they created new NPC witch create new instance for you for solo playing but most players still prefer first one. Ofc loot is low in both except in first one there is cest in the end with treasure.

Ofc loot is low in both except in first one there is cest in the end with treasure.
I keep getting better returns in Solo mode. In Team mode (where you don't loot the mobs and get all the loot in the end) I usually got 70-80% return. Seems to be bugged somehow. :dunno:

So I switched to Solo mode (no chests in the end, instead you loot all mobs like normal hunting) and since then got consistent 90+% returns--while using the exact same gear.

That was all before Loot 2.0, no idea if anything has changed since.

Good to know, thanks

A review of taming : Let’s just cut to the chase please, keep it simple MA.

“For optimal loot, it will be important to avoid inefficiencies such as”

“low damage output compared to creature health”: CHECK, best unlimited whip available Adjusted Bolga, upgraded with IV melee amp, eco rating 65.1 (better eco than most other melee I’ve seen available).

For endorian devils this could mean 2 - 10 whip clicks depending on the tame cycle MA allocates per mob.
Sometimes that's 3 - 4 whips before successful tame
Usual average 5 - 8 whip clicks before successful tame
sometimes 8 - 10 whip clicks. before successful tame (this could mean horrible returns if on that cycle).

However all those attack clicks are down to MA not player choice. But regardless of whip hits a tame attempt is possible before the mob HP has been fully expired.

“excessive time and cost to kill”: CHECK, avoid Atrox as that means waiting for HP regain to get respect to allow tame, no other choice than to tame level 6 endorian devils on Calypso that don’t require waiting time but reasonable mob HP

“overkill damage”: CHECK next to zero for taming other than the occasional kill rather than successful tame.

“unmaxed weapons and other factor”
CHECK 10/10 hit ability on unmaxed weapon, no better whip available for high professional levels. Perfected taming ring active as well.

Right I’ve done my bit, I think. I just want to cut to the chase, do I have faith in the above long term or not please at 65.1 eco. Yes or No?

Day one loot 2.0: 10 ped up on the whip+amp. Let’s say “even” as the skill gain pet needed feeding.
Day two: loot 2.1: First Whip 65 ped down, ran another one 20 ped down.

Day three: loot 2.2: Don’t know yet.

What is the expected cost for me to run the above setup under the new loot system?
What cost do you want to charge me per whip long term. Just tell me please: $0.10 per whip, $0.50 a whip: $1 a whip, $2 a whip, $5 a whip? Tell me where I stand please.

Thanks

Rick

Last edited:
[*] Armor and armor platings now decay independently based on the amount of damage they each actually absorb, rather than both decaying as if absorbing the full amount of received damage.

Does anyone know how this works now?

Before, if you wore armor with 12 impact protection and a plate with 12 impact protection and a mob hit you for 12 impact damage each would take 12 damage and each would decay for 12 damage.

How does it work now? All damage goes to the armor first? Plate first? What if you have 12 impact armor and 8 impact plate and mob hits for 10 impact? All on the armor? 5/5?

Before, if you wore armor with 12 impact protection and a plate with 12 impact protection and a mob hit you for 12 impact damage each would take 12 damage and each would decay for 12 damage.

How does it work now? All damage goes to the armor first? Plate first? What if you have 12 impact armor and 8 impact plate and mob hits for 10 impact? All on the armor? 5/5?

I thought ludwig wrote somewhere in one of these threads that they didn't do armor changes yet?:scratch2:

I thought ludwig wrote somewhere in one of these threads that they didn't do armor changes yet?:scratch2:

They did the armor changes listed afaik, just not the professional requirement thing.

Don't know how it works but it seems it does. I did a little test with my helmet and some rookie plate that I got on a mission, the one where you get 7 pieces. Anyway when I got hit and the "deflect message" I check the decay on both the plate and the helmet and one would get decay and not the other on small hits. It almost seemed to rotate but sometimes one would take two decays in a row and no decay on the other.

I don't know how it works but here is an observation - I get tons of "deflected" using jaguar+5b vs young spiders. I certainly never had 1.0 dmg on them in the past, the average damage was about 20-25.

I don't know how it works but here is an observation - I get tons of "deflected" using jaguar+5b vs young spiders. I certainly never had 1.0 dmg on them in the past, the average damage was about 20-25.

This doesnt seem correct. :scratch:

young spider does 140 max dmg.
So minimum 70 dmg.
jag+5B would soak 88 spider dmg.
So yes, you should have had 1.0's
:wise:

average dmg a spider does is 105 minus the 88 is 17. So not far of your 20 average dmg.

This doesnt seem correct. :scratch:

young spider does 140 max dmg.
So minimum 70 dmg.
jag+5B would soak 88 spider dmg.
So yes, you should have had 1.0's
:wise:

average dmg a spider does is 105 minus the 88 is 17. So not far of your 20 average dmg.

About Spider damage, It is more than likely not fully accurate. Entropedia currently lists them as doing an equal 1/3 of Impact, Cut & Stab.... 140 damage/3 = 46.66666 max damage per damage type, this is impossible under the current system. Anyone who has tested mob damage type% before, will tell you that they actually don't do damage in % form, the testers are forced to round.

It is most likely something like 50 impact, 50 cut, 40 stab or something similar.

I have tested mobs in game where the young will do lets say 30 max damage, we will make this a baby spider so impact, cut, stab... then the mature might do 32 max damage.. adding 1 more point of impact and cut damage but not stab... as you can see they do not follow a strict % pattern. The system will seemingly "favor" one type of damage type to others when the math cannot be evenly split...

As far as I understand at the moment, a "Deflect" message is just an indication that your armor just absorbed all the damage... so it would seem normal to see that. I am a tiny armor fan so the way i have traditionally geared up for protection, I have not seen this deflect message yet myself... that could be changing soon though! ;)

Last edited:
I don't know if I can figure this out. The weapon I that has the highest eco for me is a UL and with an amp is eco 75.8. I am not maxed 9.7 and 9.7 all the other L weapons I am maxed including 1 UL weapon. The 75.8 is 7 points higher than all the others or more. I can not get a global nor can I keep from loosing 40-50 percent or more on all the mobs except the punties. That's from kerbbies to atrox prowler. I don't want to kill punties the rest of entropia life and I will not spend it loosing 40 to 50 percent on larger mobs so I am not sure what to do:scratch2:. I hate to get this far and quit.

I don't know if I can figure this out. The weapon I that has the highest eco for me is a UL and with an amp is eco 75.8. I am not maxed 9.7 and 9.7 all the other L weapons I am maxed including 1 UL weapon. The 75.8 is 7 points higher than all the others or more. I can not get a global nor can I keep from loosing 40-50 percent or more on all the mobs except the punties. That's from kerbbies to atrox prowler. I don't want to kill punties the rest of entropia life and I will not spend it loosing 40 to 50 percent on larger mobs so I am not sure what to do:scratch2:. I hate to get this far and quit.

The ER on unl non sib weapons is not adjusted down if a player looks at it who is not maxed.

If you really get 50% or less on allmobs except punies, you are really doing something wrong. And if you aren't doing anything wrong, you're just cursed. You'd better quit.

The ER on unl non sib weapons is not adjusted down if a player looks at it who is not maxed.

Just so I understand you believe that the ER is the same for everyone. So on a UL weapon non-sib, the ER will be the same for a person with a 1.0/1.0 or a person that in 10/10.

Just so I understand you believe that the ER is the same for everyone. So on a UL weapon non-sib, the ER will be the same for a person with a 1.0/1.0 or a person that in 10/10.

Not the real one, just the visible one.

So both 1/1 person and the 10/10 person will see in item info same eco rating (and that was tested by me), but when used the effect is definitely not the same (as in the 1/1 person will be heavily penalized).

If you really get 50% or less on allmobs except punies, you are really doing something wrong. And if you aren't doing anything wrong, you're just cursed. You'd better quit.

I have had several times where my loot is awful for what seemed like weeks but really not that long, but even then I would get a little something along the way. That is not the case here. I shot a few young to provider Atroxes, not a great amount but I got nothing over 3.86 ped. Funny, young and mats were about 2 ped, the olds were 1- and the providers were the 3.86. So, it looked like the higher the mat the better the loot, not the case based of my hunt of prowlers and below. I didn't even get a mini-mini just nothing. I hoping someone to tell me what I am doing wrong. BTW I was not cursed until the update.

I have had several times where my loot is awful for what seemed like weeks but really not that long, but even then I would get a little something along the way. That is not the case here. I shot a few young to provider Atroxes, not a great amount but I got nothing over 3.86 ped. Funny, young and mats were about 2 ped, the olds were 1- and the providers were the 3.86. So, it looked like the higher the mat the better the loot, not the case based of my hunt of prowlers and below. I didn't even get a mini-mini just nothing. I hoping someone to tell me what I am doing wrong. BTW I was not cursed until the update.

I've experienced about the same on a short trox run.
Did (just) 100 troxes, mostly 2 pedders and not a single(!) multiplier.
So that was quite horrible. But as it was just 100 troxes it doesnt say anything. 1 nice global and you're back on track.
After the trox hunt did a kerb run to control the money drain on my pedcard and was instantly rewarded with a 100 ped kerb. So that kerb run went over 200% return.

I guess this is common knowledge to not base outcomes on small runs. They dont mean anything.

But if you claim you only get around 50% return runs except on punies, well, that I simply dont believe. Mabe some bad runs yes, but constant 50%, no.

I've experienced about the same on a short trox run.
Did (just) 100 troxes, mostly 2 pedders and not a single(!) multiplier.
So that was quite horrible. But as it was just 100 troxes it doesnt say anything. 1 nice global and you're back on track.
After the trox hunt did a kerb run to control the money drain on my pedcard and was instantly rewarded with a 100 ped kerb. So that kerb run went over 200% return.

I guess this is common knowledge to not base outcomes on small runs. They dont mean anything.

But if you claim you only get around 50% return runs except on punies, well, that I simply dont believe. Mabe some bad runs yes, but constant 50%, no.

Well it is true for the moment. I agree that they are small runs but TBH I am afraid to do larger after cashing 70 ped on a 200 ped run without even a whisper of a mini or mini-mini. My entire Entropia life is based on small runs. For a short period of time I was doing 600 ped runs but I came to realize that you need some hefty loot somewhere along the line to even break even. The last one of those I did was a 300+ ped loser and that ended the big runs pretty much. I have only done about 8 or 10 of the small runs but like I said I don't see any end in sight. It does upset me a little that I may have to change my entire game plan because of MA "Making it better" what a laugh as far as I am concerned and a number of others seem to feel the same way. Why is when someone tells you how much better its going to be for you it seems that their idea of better and yours seem to differ. I have read all the post and I have seen only a couple of them saying they are having good luck, could be wrong.

If MA wants to make it better then why don't they tell us what to expect and tell us how to best achieve that goal of making it better, I have never seen a game where there are so many secrets. They won't even tells how many hit points a mob has or what type of damage to expect, thank goodness for EP.

..., I have never seen a game where there are so many secrets. They won't even tells how many hit points a mob has or what type of damage to expect, thank goodness for EP.

This is vet y subjective as for me this is a positive thing. The more secrets the better, as that forces you to do research and makes experience count.

Back