Double, bonus, loot: picture

firejuggler

Old Alpha
Society
RFC
firejuggler water zabimalu
As you can see : a "normal" loot of 3.xx ped and a second line, at 10 time that, as a bonus loot

1.02 and 28 ped

Last edited:
it is not double loot, is :

replace Weapon Cells -> Shrapnel
replace BLP Pack -> Shrapnel

easy , basically seems done by notepad :D

no it is not. if it would you would have double or even triple shrapnel in basically every single mob. as they tend to do so. ive gotten these just once in nearly a thousand mobs and its clearly obvious that its the bonus loot pool added shrapnel.

yeah its bonus, it comes like 1in100 or so and its rarely a similar amount, if it was ammos they would come 1in2/3 and be similar amounts.

question is what triggers the bonus, random? luck? hot mob? shooting the right mob with skills/guns and been rewarded

I'll have to disagree with that. In the patch note, it is said that the bonus loot is shrap only. On evisc ( since the patch) I never ever got a stack of 30 ped of shrap without some other loot included.

I'll have to disagree with that. In the patch note, it is said that the bonus loot is shrap only. On evisc ( since the patch) I never ever got a stack of 30 ped of shrap without some other loot included.

i can confirm this on evisc from my short hunt as well. Any mini (15 ped +) came with a robot part.

ok So! When i hunt Sharp is always fist or always at the top of loot list...
Sharp oil bla bla bla
sharp hide bla bla bla

SHArp Sharp makes me think second one is from Bonus pool!

Rob

Double shrap can cause global

I think the smaller pile is the bonus...
It is. Definitely not the bigger.

No, the bigger pile is the bonus.
It's usually far bigger then the normal loot and it's listed below the "normal" loot.

indeed

So what your saying is that if the bigger stack is the bonus my last 2 runs have been <50% tt with the 'bonus' being the only thing dragging the return up to 70%?

Gotta love 2.0

Need to do some more reading

You all need to do some more reading on this 2.0 loot, and the bonus, etc.

I get the bonus much more frequently than anybody is claiming here, most of the time as silents, and most of the time in the 25 to 38 ped bonus range, and then of course the globals when the bonus tips the loot over 50 ped.

I haven't counted exactly how often between mobs, but its often enough to catch my attention on a regular basis. I have had nothing but significant improvement in my loot since 2.0, but I have also adapted in accordance with the information readily available.

Adapt or die people. So many spend time complaining, instead of figuring out what needs to be done to get into the new lanes on the freeway.

The people who aren't on the forums complaining are in-game, figuring out how to adapt.

As I said in another thread, ignore at your pleasure or peril, but its a new way of going forward. Adapt!! :eyecrazy:

Double shrap can cause global

im curious what the trigger is for the bonus to be added to the global value. ive had several globals now for 50-80 peds that had 30~ ped bonus loot but it doesnt reflect in the global value. :scratch2: maybe its on a mob by mob basis

You all need to do some more reading on this 2.0 loot, and the bonus, etc.

I get the bonus much more frequently than anybody is claiming here, most of the time as silents, and most of the time in the 25 to 38 ped bonus range, and then of course the globals when the bonus tips the loot over 50 ped.

I haven't counted exactly how often between mobs, but its often enough to catch my attention on a regular basis. I have had nothing but significant improvement in my loot since 2.0, but I have also adapted in accordance with the information readily available.

Adapt or die people. So many spend time complaining, instead of figuring out what needs to be done to get into the new lanes on the freeway.

The people who aren't on the forums complaining are in-game, figuring out how to adapt.

As I said in another thread, ignore at your pleasure or peril, but its a new way of going forward. Adapt!! :eyecrazy:

how can you say we need to pay attention when you dont know since you dont pay attention how often you got it and whyu :D

how can you say we need to pay attention when you dont know since you dont pay attention how often you got it and whyu :D

People's logic have baffled me for years!

Let's get off the how often subject and get onto the how-to. It doesn't seem to be triggered by eff rating as I'm using supremacy and a T6 dmg enh imp castorian7 with trauma 4 that gives a eff of 32. I'm getting 1-2 per 10~ min. I had a Trauma6 on it first week of 2.0 but that seems to negate the ability to get bonus loot.

Where did I say pay attention? Did you see those words in my post? Or is it that my words are lost in translation?

Read what I said, You reply is not relevant to the point I was making. Because I don't give you exact, specific numbers, is more of a choice than not.

Be that as it may, I am doing just fine with the new Loot 2.0

How you doin'!

:yup:

Last edited:
Reference

Let's get off the how often subject and get onto the how-to. It doesn't seem to be triggered by eff rating as I'm using supremacy and a T6 dmg enh imp castorian7 with trauma 4 that gives a eff of 32. I'm getting 1-2 per 10~ min. I had a Trauma6 on it first week of 2.0 but that seems to negate the ability to get bonus loot.

Have a read here, I found portions of this thread very interesting.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...aining-93-of-loot-value&p=3591248#post3591248

Well yea, ofc it will screw up your loot if you put 28 dmg amp (Trauma 6) on a knife that can only take 21 dmg amp max. Say, something like 20 dmg Trauma 4...

Which only proves your point--people's logic is indeed baffling at times! ;)

Well yea, ofc it will screw up your loot if you put 28 dmg amp (Trauma 6) on a knife that can only take 21 dmg amp max. Say, something like 20 dmg Trauma 4...

Which only proves your point--people's logic is indeed baffling at times! ;)

Except my logic has reasoning, even when you don't understand it.

Why, I do understand it. You assume throwing peds at MA is always a good idea and MA will eventually give it all back.

Except with over-amping MA doesn't know you're trying to throw peds at them...

Why, I do understand it. You assume throwing peds at MA is always a good idea and MA will eventually give it all back.

Nope that not the reason at all guess again. I'll give u a hint. It's got nothing to do with loot ;) my goal isn't to profit from MA, unless they wanna toss me a bone, I'll take it but I won't spend a fortune trying to get them to notice me.

I trust enough in the loot systems to work as I expect it will based on my own personal findings. I assume nothing I simply test various ideas I get when I think outside the box. A concept many lack or are too fearful they may lose a few peds they can't afford to lose. Some trust everything they read. I simply can't do that. I don't sell my trust cheap until I've put forth my own testing and extrapolated my own understanding of how it really is. If I lose a few peds in the process that's okay. I'll go to work the next day and make it back in my paycheck. And then I'll log into eu and try something else.

It does, it even says so in yellow.

Minimum overamping (PLP-12 (L)+A103) where 0.5 damage is lost has been tested quite extensively and 'nothing special' was observed; that was several years ago though.

on topic:

So double shrap is the new perception, right? :cool:

with over-amping MA doesn't know you're trying to throw peds at them
It does, it even says so in yellow.
It does? OK, so what exactly is MA saying in this yellow text? Is it: "Yes, we are fully aware you're trying to throw peds at us! You're most welcome, go ahead, do it and your efforts will be rewarded!"

AFAIK it's the same as depositing some peds and dropping them on the ground. Or shooting in the air in PVP. It won't even register in the loot system and consequently you'll get nothing back...

But you think otherwise? And there's tests proving otherwise? Interesting. What else did I miss? :scratch2:

I had a Trauma6 on it first week of 2.0 but that seems to negate the ability to get bonus loot.
I trust enough in the loot systems to work as I expect it will based on my own personal findings.
When you're arguing with yourself you can never win...

Last edited:
When you're arguing with yourself you can never win...

Weird.... I guess that is a glass half empty/half full type of scenario.

Because I always win when I argue with myself!

Unless you assume that MA is blatantly lying, the said it themselves that your logic is flawed:

Developer Notes #12 - Loot 2.0 Follow-Up

To best achieve Optimal Loot:
  • Avoid over-amping (using a weapon amplifier that adds more than 50% of the maximum damage of the weapon to which it is equipped).

Originally Posted Here

Unless you assume that MA is blatantly lying, the said it themselves that your logic is flawed:

* pertaining to loot :p

Minimum overamping (PLP-12 (L)+A103) where 0.5 damage is lost has been tested quite extensively and 'nothing special' was observed; that was several years ago though.
Yes, OK, that actually makes sense. Looking at Entropedia the result of that test had to be 'nothing special'. The eco difference between the weapon and the amp covers the lost 0.5 points of dmg (or comes out about even, depending what you're comparing with):

overamping.jpg

At least on the paper. Which reminds me a similar test I ran extensively with Adjusted Stark-97 when I was between lvl 40-50. I used to overamp it with Dante (1.5 points lost) and with my low skills it actually increased the eco (skills don't change amp eco).
Eventually I gave this up thou, loot was slightly worse compared to normal adjStark+Cause combo. Never figured out why, just gave it up.

Anyway, that's all about the effects of slight overamping. You can see what happens if you slap Evil on Adj Stark. In reality it doesn't take long to notice the difference, it's definitely not "nothing special"... or, was, in 1.0 but i dount that part has changed in 2.0

If anyone believes dmg lost to overamping increases skillgains, I seriously doubt that. But everyone to their own..

EDIT: Which brings me to a new, rather curious thought. What if MA didn't want to make the new ingame eco formula take into account overamping because it would be, in fact, misleading either way? Kinda, Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Last edited:
Back