Loot value calculations

andy86

Provider
Society
Kaos
Andreas Andy Gamble
Now that loot 2.0 is live I started thinking about the information below, posted by MA

Loot value calculations and the composition of the items in loot will be affected by properly matching avatar skills and gear to the creature being hunted, rewarding efficient kills with more interesting loot. For optimal loot, it will be important to avoid inefficiencies such as low damage output compared to creature health, excessive time and cost to kill, overkill damage, unmaxed weapons and other factors. This system is intended to reward game knowledge, which has traditionally been an important and unique aspect of success in Entropia Universe, and to provide opportunities for participants to improve their loot returns via experimentation, optimization and specialization.

One part that got me thinking is "For optimal loot, it will be important to avoid inefficiencies such as low damage output compared to creature health, excessive time and cost to kill".

I did a very small run on a 1100 hp mob yesterday and the TT-return was tbh horrible.
My setup is EWE EP-41 Military Adjusted + Imp A105 + Imp Ares that deals roughly 58 dps which means I kill 1100 hp mobs in about 20 sec (give or take a few sec).

I know this test was really small but so it might even out in time but before the change it was very rare to get 50.XX% TT-return.

Have anysone been able to figure out a rough baseline on when dmg output is to small compared to creature health? Or does the statement only mean that you will get "less valuable" loot if you are hunting inefficiently but still get the same TT-return.

/Andy

I am trying to figure that one out at the moment, what is right dps per health point?

I hope they not nerfed regen compensation...

Back