Laser sight - improves eco or not?

DoA

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Daughter of Anarchy
Hyellow!

I have this [ZX R-Dod], which is listed with 100% econess.

When I add it to a weapon it actually increases my weapon/setup econess number.

My question is if you think that:
(a) this is correct and I should always use it
(b) this is just a display bug, it doesn't help eco with anything, and it just represent an extra decay/cost

Thank you in advance for any thoughts.

Last edited:
If you're maxed on weapon = decay, else the decay go to skills to use it as max.
Except of the rule are the crit scope/sigh
That's what I know.

If you're maxed on weapon = decay, else the decay go to skills to use it as max.
Except of the rule are the crit scope/sigh
That's what I know.

This is pre loot 2.0 thinking

if its stated that the economy goes up, then I assume thats what its actually doing. They have rehauled the way it works so its up for new exploration to see what is best way to go. My scope and sights besides having crit allso has slightly higher ecorating then my weapon so Im happy to use them!

My amp on the other hand has alot lower ecorating but it has a critsize gain that I think is worth more then the loss in ecorating but god knows what is the right aproach really.......

Id use it if I were you, if the ecorating goes higher then Id be pretty sure that its better :)

If this is true and scopes/sights now improve the efficiency of weapons, it's just another stab in the heart for melee players.

If this is true and scopes/sights now improve the efficiency of weapons, it's just another stab in the heart for melee players.

until we get imba addons that cause damage over time and imba buffs based on RNG (these are all just dreams of mine)

Hyellow!

I have this [ZX R-Dod], which is listed with 100% econess.

When I add it to a weapon it actually increases my weapon/setup econess number.

My question is if you think that:
(a) this is correct and I should always use it
(b) this is just a display bug, it doesn't help eco with anything, and it just represent an extra decay/cost

Thank you in advance for any thoughts.

where did you get the attachment from, which planet?
Is this the ZX Sinkakus or Eagle Eye or another named attachment?

If anyone has data to share, please do!

where did you get the attachment from, which planet?
Is this the ZX Sinkakus or Eagle Eye or another named attachment?

It is not an amp, but a sight and indeed is part of the starting package.

It contains a small amp, a scope (that doesn't change the eco) and this sight that apparently improves the eco.

The problem is if it actually improves it or it is just a display bug as with the overamping.

You actually see a change on the gun when you attach it? Because there is no change when I try to attach my Hunnir sights that have 60% economy on them.

Last edited:
Ah, it's visible if I try without an amp.

Adj EP-41 = 56.7%
Adj EP-41 + 1 Jzar & 2 Hunnir in any combination = 56.8%
Adj EP-41 + Imp105 = 62.8%
Adj EP-41 + Imp105 + 1 Jzar & 2 Hunnir in any combination = 62.8%

Ah, it's visible if I try without an amp.

Adj EP-41 = 56.7%
Adj EP-41 + 1 Jzar & 2 Hunnir in any combination = 56.8%
Adj EP-41 + Imp105 = 62.8%
Adj EP-41 + Imp105 + 1 Jzar & 2 Hunnir in any combination = 62.8%

Hunnirs have 60% so i guess if your amp puts your weapon above 60% then hunnir cant improve it anymore and might not do anything - but might be worth trying with the 100% platinum pack one - but theyonly seem to have a minor impact.

So the general consensus seem to be that it does something and is worth using?

repair = MA revenue free
This money does not fit into the system loot to my knowledge

So the general consensus seem to be that it does something and is worth using?

What MA are saying is that faster turnover = better avg loot returns but in this case the loot is being compensated by the attachments, which we knew happens already, but the eco rating is now adding to this in a positive way seems dubious at best and needs further analysis.

repair = MA revenue free
You wanted to say fee. But it's still wrong, it doesn't make any sense. Otherwise they would develop faster the melee (because melee are pure decay)... but it's a myth.

my knowledge

If I were you I would not rely on that too much (your knowledge).
Mindark tried to move the DPP concept from the 'religion' (people do not believe in it, like it would be a religion) to fact (they slapped a ranking on the items so people would stop using shitty stuff then complain, in spite of what the community has shared for them).

But Mindark didn't succeed entirely, plenty of people still look in the wrong direction
Take morfoc, 10 years old player, let's analyze his setup:
(look at his setup because morfoc is a very vocal voice criticizing the system atm, a system that he doesn't understand)

No amp, no ring (attack buff)

Now allow me to give some numbers:

0Gy98MvySFGLsliGUtpu2g.png

1. 2.923 eco - his 60% eco rating gun - 40k ped gun
2. 2.952 eco - an imp ares added (600 ped)
3. 2.988 eco - a dante amplifier added (1800 ped), a lot more dps too
4. 2.990 eco - a setup that is 4 times less expensive then the the gun from 1,2 & 3. This is, I believe, the standard eco these days. Higher eco, dps, 4 times cheaper. Why are you doing these rookie mistakes man?

To answer OP, ZX R-Dod has a high rating on a scale that only these attachments are. You're not gaining from it much because it has a tiny decay, which is the reason for its high score. Using it however, creates a higher cost to kill for the same mob you're killing so you'e gonna get some of its decay back in the loot. You will only get a part of it without getting any other benefit (dmg, crit rate, crit dmg).
If it's good to use, it's your call, but these are the parameters...

Regards

jmyjJ1r.jpg

In case you prefer melee :p

4. 2.990 eco - a setup that is 4 times less expensive then the the gun from 1,2 & 3. This is, I believe, the standard eco these days. Higher eco, dps, 4 times cheaper. Why are you doing these rookie mistakes man?

What are you adding to the EP-41 setup to get those numbers? Even when I add buffs from an imp Ares I'm only getting 2.980/58.1

You wanted to say fee. But it's still wrong, it doesn't make any sense. Otherwise they would develop faster the melee (because melee are pure decay)... but it's a myth.

If I were you I would not rely on that too much (your knowledge).
Mindark tried to move the DPP concept from the 'religion' (people do not believe in it, like it would be a religion) to fact (they slapped a ranking on the items so people would stop using shitty stuff then complain, in spite of what the community has shared for them).

But Mindark didn't succeed entirely, plenty of people still look in the wrong direction
Take morfoc, 10 years old player, let's analyze his setup:
(look at his setup because morfoc is a very vocal voice criticizing the system atm, a system that he doesn't understand)

No amp, no ring (attack buff)

Now allow me to give some numbers:

1. 2.923 eco - his 60% eco rating gun - 40k ped gun
2. 2.952 eco - an imp ares added (600 ped)
3. 2.988 eco - a dante amplifier added (1800 ped), a lot more dps too

To answer OP, ZX R-Dod has a high rating on a scale that only these attachments are. You're not gaining from it much because it has a tiny decay, which is the reason for its high score. Using it however, creates a higher cost to kill for the same mob you're killing so you'e gonna get some of its decay back in the loot. You will only get a part of it without getting any other benefit (dmg, crit rate, crit dmg).
If it's good to use, it's your call, but these are the parameters...

Regards

I see that you focus on me but put the whole reply because by little bit it has no sense has by shown your superiority of knowledge :rolleyes:,
I read that MA gives me :) , I read 60% eco without amp for the U60 and 56.7%eco for the adj ep41 and hardly 63eco with amp , so the knowledge can be it no longer works :rolleyes:.
MA wants to stay in the mistery permanently but tells you to use your knowledge
We do not have that to do, if a programer changes every 2months
i prefer kill mobs sorry :wtg::smoke:

Can someone watch the difference with tier?

Last edited:
I see that you focus on me but put the whole reply because by little bit it has no sense has by shown your superiority of knowledge :rolleyes:,
I read the figures that MA gives me :) , I read 60% without amp for the U60 and 56.7% for the adj ep41 and hardly 63 with amp so the knowledge can be it no longer works :rolleyes:.
MA wants to stay in the mistery permanently but tells you to use your knowledge believe that we have that to do dehulled what a programmer wanted to do and 2 months after having a completely different update :laugh:
i prefer kill mobs sorry :wtg::smoke:

Can someone watch the difference with tier?

My head hurts trying to make sense of your words :s

What are you adding to the EP-41 setup to get those numbers? Even when I add buffs from an imp Ares I'm only getting 2.980/58.1

I used a mod ares there. I was thinking of a setup 4 times less expensive than the setup used in that longu hunt :D
So: adj ep41 + mod ares + imp105 = <10k ped I think, while that gun is 40k ped.

Back