How many would like to see the "I've got a bone to pick!" repeatable ?

How many would like to see the "I've got a bone to pick!" repeatable ?

• Yes

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • No

Votes: 29 72.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I think it would be a good idea because it would give the newer players a little extra ped to earn or a chance to up their agility. There were not any punies when I started so I killed 1000s of snabbies and Exor to get enough skills to move up the food chain. I have suggested things like this before and peeps said it would ruin the market for whatever I was purposing but in this case there is no market because you can not sell agility.

Anyway that is my idea.

Absolutely no. Attributes should stay unattainable other than through real skilling. Token rewards from missions are tolerable since they require lots of grinding, but simply buying them through a mission as it is with the bones is unacceptable. There are better ways to encourage new players than to screw old ones.

Maybe once per year could be interesting?

Anything less than that would definitely be no.

Maybe once per year could be interesting?

Anything less than that would definitely be no.

Either this, or every stage the requirement doubles. 10K bones, then 20K bones, then 40K bones etc

No way!
- new players should be encouraged to move on quickly from puny, to bigger mobs that give more skills, more loot;
- there will be some people that would only do this, and will perfect their equipment and make it profitable and the ones that will loos will be the very new players... why do you think sweat prices are so low? hint - "professional sweaters".

Did kerbs got too big for you and you want a reason to hunt lower Cozmodan? :D

I voted '"yes" with a limit on 5 times per avatar.

As the mission has been out for years all of those who wanted +1 Agility have it by now, and the price is low for those new players wishing to sell - if they can find someone to sell to.

If you're not bothered about an extra 4 Agility it wont affect you, if you are then you'lll be helping new players hunting Puny.

Win / Win.

I am a relatively new player just passed that year barrier but this is a terrible idea. There are so many ways to add incentive to skilling and for new players this isn't one of them. Repeatable attributes mission is broken and exploitable. It causes nothing but problems.

I am still collecting my bones. This year I am collecting tokens then next year I will think about using them but probably will wait for 2 years. Tokens need to be extremely rare and require some grinding. Not trading for them.

I am a relatively new player just passed that year barrier but this is a terrible idea. There are so many ways to add incentive to skilling and for new players this isn't one of them. Repeatable attributes mission is broken and exploitable. It causes nothing but problems.

I am still collecting my bones. This year I am collecting tokens then next year I will think about using them but probably will wait for 2 years. Tokens need to be extremely rare and require some grinding. Not trading for them.

I think if you read this post in June 2021, you would disagree with yourself.

Absolutely no. Attributes should stay unattainable other than through real skilling. Token rewards from missions are tolerable since they require lots of grinding, but simply buying them through a mission as it is with the bones is unacceptable. There are better ways to encourage new players than to screw old ones.

I am not disagreeing with your position as it is a opinion and not debatable as far as I am concerned. However I am interested why you would think that would be screwing the older players ? As you know I always respect your opinion and have asked many times.

I must say that I am supprised:scratch2: I did not think the replies would be so passionate. I myself love this game and played it hard for almost every year since I started (save a year or so when I was off) day in and day out 7 days a week. It really does not matter to me if I kill punies or Prots or anything in between. I just like to play. I also know that I do not need this game to make a living I already have that. I also know that MA is in this for the money and that is fine with me. I am willing to pay to play. Kind of like bowling you pay as you play and want to get a 300 every time:).

Now back to the punies. I hunt them as kind of a break from the grinding for the big bucks lol. I hardly ever make a profit but don't lose to much as I only buy 20 ped in ammo but that is 1418 shots with gun I use and I must kill close to 200 of them. To me it is just as fun as the big mobs because it is ALL just fun. Now having said that, I don't like to do nothing for nothing if you know what I mean. So I would like the to be able to get some more skill, lord knows at my level(not bragging) I don't get squat in increase in any of my professions shooting punties with a TT weapon. So if I could get an extra agility point every six months(not sure at the rate I hunt I could do it in that short of a time) or so that would just be icing on the cake.

That may not make sense to any of you but that is it.

I was gonna post I totally agreed with the OP, but then I read your response. Now I don't agree anymore.

i voted no, but reading down a restriction might work, ie 1 per year or 5 max

any other way would create a massive pull towards them, the richer players would buy up all the bones causing the bones to shift in price from 1pec to 10pec (or something) pricing out the normal players. This would create the effect of pushing alts, bots and gold farmers to punies chasing that 10pec loot, causing the real noobs to be pushed out of punies from overhunting.

with a restriction like 5 max would cause the above for a shortened time, after which it will fall to better levels, 1 per year would raise the MU slightly as players stock up over the year

i've yet to claim my point

I am still in awe about the reasoning. By allowing the mission to be repeatable with/without restriction it would cause a total collapse of the game. Everyone would stop doing what they are doing and just hunt punties :). Talk about the sky is falling. Why would anyone care if someone has 150 agility ? I don't understand. What effect would that have on me as a player, I can see it might if I am in the PvP area but what else.

You know its funny back when I started sweating it was about 10 ped per 1K and bottles had up to 22 sweat each. Then MA cut the use and it is now 10-15 percent of what it was. I would say that it took about the same amount of time to get 1K sweat as it does 1K bones. I do 20 ped runs, as I said, and I average about 28 bones in about 30-40 minutes to complete the runs. In 10 runs would 280 in 300-400 minutes 5 to 6 hours, that is hours. Just to make it easy lets say 30 bones in 30 minutes(not possible BTW) so 10,000/30 = 333.33 hours/24 =13.88 days or about 2 weeks straight to get 10K bones. Lets just say you can get 50 ped for 1K bones so you could make 500 ped in 2 straight weeks of killing. BTW this does not include resupply like ammo etc., food etc. , so the actual time would be longer. How many of you would work 24 hours a day for 2 weeks straight for 10 ped an hour.

As I recall it took 2 or 3 months to get mine, because it is really is boring and I do it now as a diversion to "Rest up" if you will. Its much more fun if you have no purpose, to me anyway.

I don't really mind that most everyone thinks its a bad idea as it was just a thought on my part. But please don't think I am a evil person and am trying to bring total collapse to the game:). Oh and BTW I still go and sweat from time to time as a diversion and I really get nothing for that, about 500/hour or 50-60 pec.

Svarog I haven't heard from you and I would like to hear you answer, as you know I always respect your opinion.

I am not disagreeing with your position as it is a opinion and not debatable as far as I am concerned. However I am interested why you would think that would be screwing the older players ? As you know I always respect your opinion and have asked many times.

In our little world where everything can be bought and sold and one can become an "uber" overnight without making a single shot, the attributes is the last thing that tells the true story about an avatar. You can't buy them and you don't lose them even if you sold all your skills. Let's face it, the contribution of attributes to professions or hp is negligible, their only real purpose is demonstration of achievements. That's why people make threads like this or this and shit bricks in awe over them. Starting to essentially sell the attributes through missions to support newbies is like to auction the medals of honor and donate the proceeds to charity - good intentions, bad implementation, ugly consequences.

In our little world where everything can be bought and sold and one can become an "uber" overnight without making a single shot, the attributes is the last thing that tells the true story about an avatar. You can't buy them and you don't lose them even if you sold all your skills. Let's face it, the contribution of attributes to professions or hp is negligible, their only real purpose is demonstration of achievements. That's why people make threads like this or this and shit bricks in awe over them. Starting to essentially sell the attributes through missions to support newbies is like to auction the medals of honor and donate the proceeds to charity - good intentions, bad implementation, ugly consequences.

You may as well complain about a ring that gives you an instant 30 health then Svarog.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/classifiedStrongboxes

Collecting 10,000 bones per person isn't something to be attempted lightly, supply is limited.

You may as well complain about a ring that gives you an instant 30 health then Svarog.

I don't include hp when I talk about attributes since it's different, can be affected easily.

Sorry but I don't see your point. You and I have played about the same length of time but I think I may have had an advantage as I was retired when I stated playing so the first few years I bet I played 8 to as many as 24 (a time or two) hours a day. Yet you have 101 agility and I have 91. It may have been the two years you played before me agility was easier to skill I don't know but I think I have been at 91 for a long time like maybe 6 or 8 months maybe longer and I am playing quite a bit. This is just a game it is not real life:). I venture a guess very few pay any attention to another players stats, maybe their armor or weapon or the HOF they just got. I doubt very seriously if there would be that much buying and selling as all seem to think. Maybe a little but not enough to matter. If you read my one post about how long it would to get 10K bones I don't think anyone would want to try to make in this game at 10 ped an hour AND you still have to furnish your weapons, ammo, FAP and whatever else and I guarantee you can not do that on 10 ped an hour. Moreover, I was talking to a mate and he said it is almost impossible to buy any bones from the new players they just don't have enough to sell at any one time and they are too busy trying to get skilled enough to get to bigger mobs and get the real money LOL-LOL like we all did.

BTW I just took a quick look at a few of the top agility players some don't even show up (the one with 199) or have not play for a year or more. So there was something going on back then and the 199 guy had week health ???

But as I said I always like your input and opinion but in this case I think you are taking this to a level much higher than it needs to be for a game.

BTW I checked a few of the top agility ones out in ET and some don't even play anymore or at all, couldn't find some of them. The guy with 199 and weak heath, how could that be weak health ???? Something going on we don't know I bet.

Last edited:
The guy with 199 and weak heath, how could that be weak health ???? Something going on we don't know I bet.
He chipped out. That's what I said above, you can sell all your skills but attributes (except for health that's directly affected by skills) stay. You can buy all skills from auction on day 1, but your attributes stay 1/1/1/1.

I don't know how much time it takes to gather 10k bones, when I did my 16.6k punies there were no bones in loot yet, but I heard you can get around 4k bones now by the time you finish the mission. I bought my bones at 5 pec each, and now I see resellers at Icarus go as low as 1 pec for 2-4 bones, so there is definitely no deficit of those.

I don't know how much time it takes to gather 10k bones, when I did my 16.6k punies there were no bones in loot yet, but I heard you can get around 4k bones now by the time you finish the mission. I bought my bones at 5 pec each, and now I see resellers at Icarus go as low as 1 pec for 2-4 bones, so there is definitely no deficit of those.

(I included Health earlier because technically it is an attribute although it is only affected whilst the ring is worn)

There were bones in loot when I did the 16,600 Puny kills a few years ago but I had to buy roughly 5000.

The reason bones are 1pec each is because there is no demand, as I said before - the majority of people with 80+ Agility bought the 10,000 bones (lets call it 30,000 Puny kills) a long time ago.

The affect of some older players having an extra 4 Agility is hardly going to ruin the kudos of high attributes, but it will benefit those at Camp Icarus because the price should rise for what is a very boring creature to hunt (lets face it).

I would have thought having this mission as repeatable would have more support, but there we go.

(I included Health earlier because technically it is an attribute although it is only affected whilst the ring is worn)

There were bones in loot when I did the 16,600 Puny kills a few years ago but I had to buy roughly 5000.

The reason bones are 1pec each is because there is no demand, as I said before - the majority of people with 80+ Agility bought the 10,000 bones (lets call it 30,000 Puny kills) a long time ago.

The affect of some older players having an extra 4 Agility is hardly going to ruin the kudos of high attributes, but it will benefit those at Camp Icarus because the price should rise for what is a very boring creature to hunt (lets face it).

I would have thought having this mission as repeatable would have more support, but there we go.

I thought it would have also but we were both wrong. Thank goodness I have been wrong before, once I think :).

Back