Question: TT gain in skills

Sub-Zero

Elite
Society
Classified
Sub-Zero The Killer
I'm trying to max songkra and I need 290 ped TT shortblades (and a few other related skills)
First of all, if one is using the same setup is ones TT gain per run (in skills) the same every time? Or does it vary?

I did a scan of all my skills before start of one run knife (aakas fire dagger + IV, and imp ares + thorio helmet)
Took about 22 minutes to burn one blade.
Current lvl.

43 62.94% knife hit
- After -
Knifefighter ( HIT )
43 / 64.94% = 2% per knife. Using thorio helmet + imp ares.

44 60.14% knife dmg
- After
Knifefighter ( DMG )
61.24% = 1.10% per knife

Shortblades before:
TT: 289.44

Shortblades after:
TT Gain:
289.94 = 0.50 ped TT per knife.
According to above calculation I need to burn 540.44 knives?
540.44 * 22 min = 11889.68 minutes / 60 = 198.16 hours (I play 2-4h a day max during workdays)
That's 198.16 hours of constant swinging?
Provided I play 2h-4h a day 49.54 - 99.08 days? e.e

--------------------------------------------------
PS: I suck at math... Do correct my math if I'm wrong...
PS2: I can hunt 5-12h during weekends though... All depends on boredom and loot.
PS3: 3 am.
Basically I wanna find out how many days it would take me to max it, if I play 2-4h a day... Because if it takes too long perhaps better for me to chip in?

Last edited:
Do missions, sb is considered a useless skill so MA adds tons of TT of it as rewards.
100% skillpills cuts it in half and also doing higher lvl mobs.
Doing kerbs now, try and browse entropedia for a mob with same HP but higher lvl or even better lower HP and higher lvl.

Those are fairly low skill gains for that amount of ped at that level. What are you skilling on?

Hello,....

first of all for this nice goal...spending/playing about 3-4 months sounds nice and ok...a good archievement to work on..

2., you do know that skill and skill gain/curve is NOT linear ??
that means you would likely need to burn more swords out to gain that lvl..

3., try to do some missions also which you reward you with that.... would be a lot faste than

robots challenges you can choose from many rewards what you want...from others there is a list also...also check maybe other planets if you dont like the specific mob

4., some ppl are selling their skills likely little above tt...maybe you can talk with soem ppl to get a deal...

My observations:

You hunt slow. Your knife run should be 15 minutes, not 22.
You only observed one skill gain. Expected TT gain should have been 0.7 TT HOWEVER you measured no other skills.
500 runs is your absolute max number of runs (as you ignored 60% of your other skillgains).
Depending on your cross-discipline skills (such as your coolness level) the time taken could reduce significantly

My experience:
It's more satisfying skilling up and breaking even. than shelling out 4k ped for a slight increase in skills

Recommendation: If you took skill pills and hunted some shit like oro or cauda for a week, you could probably level to 49. (60 hours in one week)

Unknown:
How does economy rating work for an unmaxed weapon? Perhaps test it a bit when the dps songkra>dps aakas

Last edited:
Do missions, sb is considered a useless skill so MA adds tons of TT of it as rewards.
100% skillpills cuts it in half and also doing higher lvl mobs.
Doing kerbs now, try and browse entropedia for a mob with same HP but higher lvl or even better lower HP and higher lvl.
I've checked missions, there's barely any on entropedia at least. Do get that killing a mob with higher level but lower hp = more skills, but it's hard to find on calypso. Bristlehog only one that I can think of.

Those are fairly low skill gains for that amount of ped at that level. What are you skilling on?
Yeah it was on cyrene on puny rhino/mang chang, like L8 mob with 800-1000 hp.

Hello,....

first of all for this nice goal...spending/playing about 3-4 months sounds nice and ok...a good archievement to work on..
Yes it's a nice goal indeed, thanks.
2., you do know that skill and skill gain/curve is NOT linear ??
that means you would likely need to burn more swords out to gain that lvl..
Yes. I'm aware of that, although TT skill gain remains constant if using same gear as far as I know?
3., try to do some missions also which you reward you with that.... would be a lot faste than

robots challenges you can choose from many rewards what you want...from others there is a list also...also check maybe other planets if you dont like the specific mob
Yes indeed it would, but robots are toughie with melee... :p I've checked some other planets, there's few shortblades rewards also that I could find, with exception of Huon which gives repeatable 90+ ped TT shortblades for rank 6.
4., some ppl are selling their skills likely little above tt...maybe you can talk with soem ppl to get a deal...
Yes, but I've actually bought some shortblades already to max aakas fire dagger, a while back, so not really an option atm to buy again. My longterm goal is to max arcspark ! :)

My observations:

You hunt slow. Your knife run should be 15 minutes, not 22.
I watch tv series/EU streams and browse the internet whilst playing EU, so that's why I'm bit slow.
Otherwise I'd die of boredom too damn fast. :duh:
You only observed one skill gain. Expected TT gain should have been 0.7 TT HOWEVER you measured no other skills.
I know that I only accounted for skill gain in TT for shortblades. Your estimate is probably accurate.
500 runs is your absolute max number of runs (as you ignored 60% of your other skillgains).
Depending on your cross-discipline skills (such as your coolness level) the time taken could reduce significantly
Good estimate.

My experience:
It's more satisfying skilling up and breaking even. than shelling out 4k ped for a slight increase in skills
500 blades = 172.74 *500 = 86370
What gives me a bit of a fear is I need to cycle around 90k ped? to max songkra (hit). If I get 93% return (which is a descent good loot estimate for my dpp I guess). That'd be like 6300 ped loss. Sure I get lots of other skills in the process and maybe like 1k ped MU total. Still down 5300 ped or more.
Recommendation: If you took skill pills and hunted some shit like oro or cauda for a week, you could probably level to 49. (60 hours in one week)
I can't play 60 hours in one week. Max 20h during business days and weekends 18-20h that'd make it 40h tops.
How do I estimate how long it would take me with these parameters?
Unknown:
How does economy rating work for an unmaxed weapon? Perhaps test it a bit when the dps songkra>dps aakas
Not sure my pedcard would like it.

Back