Do you feel your overall loot returns have improved significantly?

Subject

• Yes

Votes: 64 27.7%
  • No

Votes: 167 72.3%

• Total voters
I've done a reasonably large puny hunt since loot 2.0 came out. I cycled 400 ped of ammo on punies (10-20 health) and ended up with 447 ped. Didn't test gun or amp decay, but before the patch on large puny hunts I would normally get between 80-85% returns. I'm going to say based on that loot has improved a fair amount.

Thanks for this info. I'm assuming that's something like 6000 mobs @ 20 health or 8000@15, so at least a couple of days at it. Getting 110% tt return is pretty staggering on that sort of volume, even if you had 3 or 4 10 ped globals on them. Did you?
May I also ask what sort of lvl you are for things like evade, or unchipoutables like agility? Whatever MA might use to assess what sort of hunting level you 'should' be...

I recently did the entire m/f monura chain on Ark. It would have been quite nice to have had your experience :laugh:.

Personally under loot 2.0 I had a good vu day when I went for atrox-ish level, but testing argonauts with the new (L) weaps has had me killing them at a lower cost than ever before, but returns lower too. I'm nowhere near statistically relevant, however, so I'll keep at it (it is nice to actually have an average tt kill cost of 1 ped for youngs now, instead of 1.04/1.05 as I used to have, but I am now paying some weap mu instead now, so we shall see...)

Statistically, people that get involved with forums are never a fair representation of the average gamer, but more like of the elite gamer. A very clear example in this sense was recently observed on the most popular forum related with Blizzard's CCG (not name it since I understood is against forum rules, but probably you know which one I talk about), where 84% of the people participating in the poll said they achieved legend rank, while official Blizzard statistically clearly state that only 0.2% of all players achieve said rank.

So I highly suspect that many of the forum regulars are among those 2% elite players, which got punished by the update and when judging the efficiency of the update MindArk will base their judgment on the trends they see looking on the database numbers and not on the feedback provided by a vocal minority. Now don't get me wrong, by all means necessary, please do submit your feedback, since any constructive feedback can help, just stating that any of our individual feedback or even the collective feedback from the forum may very well represent only the views of a certain minority in terms of game demographics.

All depends if you trust the company statistics.

Considering "the 2%" would be those who hold an imk2, and the total number of imk2's is around 100, 100/0.02 = 5000...

Not quite the "ONE MILLION ACCOUNTS" the advertising says...

I was busy with a mission on low level mobs (lvl 8 - 13) when Loot 2.0 arrived. I'm about to hit lvl 100 and I'm using mod Stark+Dante, so I thought OK now I'm screwed. Then figured whatever, I'll try to finish the mission anyway. Guess what, my loot is noticeably better now, with MU it's a pretty solid break even.

Then again, there's those long term loot swings that can last months. Too little time to make any solid conclusions. Just that if you were thinking hunting way below your level is a bad idea now, don't worry, it's not true.

I voted but it really is "about the same" though I suspect my eco is down because the loot is now so horrendously boring that I'm falling asleep more often....

because the loot is now so horrendously boring that I'm falling asleep more often....

those extra BLP/Laser ammo loots were exciting as fuck

If there was market for my crafted goods on other planets, I would not shoot a single mob on calypso...

EDIT: voted no. i dont see it

Can't add much, I mine alot these days but the few hunts I did remind me alot of 2006. Which I am very happy about. Would need to test more though before I'd have an idea, but I have to let go of the mining finder first, which for the moment is impossible.

I hate to be the one who says "learn to adapt", how I was told so many times here, but, really.

Best,

I've learned not to take anything for granted, so I'm not voting either way.

I've not hunted to my skill level for a few years, because I simply can't afford to do that right now. However I'm happy turning-over 265 ped for whip+amp for approx 2 hours of entertainment per run. That is reasonable level of hunting/taming for my budget.

As long as I can turn enough whips to skill this low level stuff, I'm happy. Then if compet starts to pay out in future, and that opens up my game, then good news.

For me personally if loot is good or bad makes no difference to what I can afford to pay the game. I got through the weekend and still have some peds to carry on, so happy. Long may that continue.

Rick

those extra BLP/Laser ammo loots were exciting as fuck

If there was market for my crafted goods on other planets, I would not shoot a single mob on calypso...

EDIT: voted no. i dont see it

You still look at the item type you receive? I'm talking about totals. And when you start looting the same total, to the pec, from one mob to the next, its sleepy time.

I voted NO. But I hunted like 5% on this Loot 2.0 as I did before since the time I have atm. But at 1st see is WAY AWFULL then before. Usually I got plenty (L) items in loot etc.... NOW NOTHING ! Same gear, same mobs same steps etc as usuall when I grind. I didn't changed my way of hunting.... loot changed in bad (but as I said ... atm I don't say I hunt, just logged time to time and shooted a bit... no more 10h/ day of hard shooting). Using maxed weapons etc... But still, in the past never happened to not get a swirl in 1st 30 min of gameplay.... now I don't get one at all, even only maybe 1h sessions/day. SO YES LOOT SUCKS NOW !
I want to see that loot got better for them from players with solid loot traked and on high mobs, not only swunters and low players that brag on puny's .... So... any ubers with better loot ?!

mixed impressions

date - loot quality
20 - nice
21 - crap
22 - crap
23 - avg
24 - awful
25 - avg
26 - wow wonderfull gime more like this yeah
27 - ok
28 - have no hunted yet

Rifle eco with amp: ~57.something
plated eco armor or none, eco heal.

Notes:
No MU items in the loot anymore. I ll take it if average loot ll be better, coz it will resurect craft if the loot gets back to wat it was in % no mu items will kill hunt. Still no data to say for sure. And I v seen someone gettiong items on vid.
I thinks I got some fragments in one hunt, can not say for sure.
Some mobs loot changed for sure, needs to reinvestigate all my preferenses.

My hunting returns have improved enough to be a noticeable difference, with a spike right after the patch and subsequent tuning toward ordinary shortly after. My crafting returns have not changed. Note that I have long hunted easy targets preferentially, making very few exceptions just for occasional challenge. I'm thinking this new loot system rewards the more deliberate approach.

Judging by the votes, it looks like 73% of the players are in the 2% category. Although there only an 50% chance for what MA said about loot 2.0 to happen.

Looking at my logs pre and post 2.0 this year

i havn't changed my hunt style except for using armor more than fapping

pre 2.0

COST : 68827.59
RETURN : 67002.83
97.34%

Post 2.0

COST : 7316.08
RETURN : 6990.01
95.54%

these are MU returns, but MU is low as i've not looted anything of real value, so the TT would likely 1-1.5% less than above

seen a small drop overall, but i find days are for more volatile, can be 80% one day and 120% the next. but average it looks like no real change

Yes, my loot seems to have improved. Previously was about 50-60% return now I would say at least 80-90%.

Overall very pleased with the new loot system :cool:

Judging by the votes, it looks like 73% of the players are in the 2% category. Although there only an 50% chance for what MA said about loot 2.0 to happen.

I can only assume they botched the algorithm and/or didn't test it especially with the aggressive comments from Kim about having "a week of bad returns". Current state for many is rage quit worthy. If I wasn't treading water at 100%, I would be there with everyone else and maybe I will anyway if this is the new norm.

It is perfectly acceptable by the player base if you want to play a hot and cold game with optimization with gear to get better items or better composition of loot. However, what you cannot do and what players will not tolerate, is messing with TT returns% to the magnitude that I am seeing in various track sheets. You cannot expect (at the current state) for "the economy to rev up" and people to keep playing. You cannot put them in a box, you cannot make them hunt certain mobs, or even a certain way.

I have a couple friends right now that want to play desperately but log off instead because they don't want another 600ped loss (there's actually 3 people in my close circle who are playing something else because it's been awful not for a week but for 15 days now). They don't want to damage enhance when loot is crap (and you shouldn't and certainly when you haven't aided in dropping enhancer prices to make such tinkering affordable) and on the promise that it could be all that needed for you to get a global. It's simply bullshit.

If you want longevity and players to actually play, you need to stabilize returns respectively to the efficiencies you put on the gear. People hated migration last year because TT return was very unstable. People won't take another year of it and they definitely won't accept it outside of said event as a new norm.

Last edited:

If I wasn't so close to maxing my pistol, fwtfiw, I would probably be rolling 0-20 toons in wow for lack of anything better to do.

Maybe I'll buy a website or something, try to do something constructive that will bring money back to me instead of wasting my hours donating to Sweden's GDP.

If anyone has any good ideas for any legit ways to make money online let me know... I need to hit the road and gtfo of dodge. It would be nice to have some mailbox money inbound.

I'm on the second week of steady 92.xx% return rates (96.xx% including MU, including shrapnel MU); can't comment if that's better or worse since I haven't hunted before loot 2.0

Hope you're all looking forward to the migration where you can loot Shrapnel, Blood samples (turn in for unL MF amps!!!) and.... nah, that's it. Oh, one Gleamer or Perf (insert oldschool weapon here) might drop too.

It really feels like a bug. 8% less tt return, and it's 2 weeks now with 67k cycled (half than I usually cycle, because now I have to test and try various stuff and also not very motivated.. )
Asking around, people that cycle, it also sounds like 2% have stable returns while the rest have worse. None have better :D

I was expecting from this VU less volatility for entry level hunter and mid lvl hunter so there are more even returns over small hunts but somehow, to have a decent TT return after loot 2.0, we have to throw away expensive gear and pick up the closest stick from the ground.

It really feels like a bug.
Welcome back to PROJECT Entropia!:yay:

I was expecting from this VU less volatility for entry level hunter and mid lvl hunter so there are more even returns over small hunts but somehow, to have a decent TT return after loot 2.0, we have to throw away expensive gear and pick up the closest stick from the ground.

My in game shopping list recently got a whole lot smaller.

I wonder if I should get an apartment to display all my gear like all the other ghosts used to do. I always thought it was so strange to walk into peoples apartments and houses and see all this uber gear lying around unused.:eyecrazy:

Aurli Bronze done. 5k Krelten done today, 105 hit/99.50 dmg , time to take a break.

It really feels like a bug. 8% less tt return, and it's 2 weeks now with 67k cycled (half than I usually cycle, because now I have to test and try various stuff and also not very motivated.. )
Asking around, people that cycle, it also sounds like 2% have stable returns while the rest have worse. None have better :D

From what I gather, it very much is a bug. Seems like, based on data collected, a lot of players are getting super partial loots. For example, 10ped mob yields 0.8ped of shrapnel and that is it. It makes the entire experience very volatile. It does not have anything to do with optimal loot, it is just..... broken. This seems to be what is affecting imk2 users. I am not hit that hard with such types of partial loots (as a swordsman with 81 eff), but I do get them.

This is why I question whether they actually tested this algorithm. If they did, it was a direct nerf to super eco gear and that is a very dangerous thing to do because it wipes out any trust and confidence in the system.

Aurli Bronze done. 5k Krelten done today, 105 hit/99.50 dmg , time to take a break.

I recently reactivated FF14. Well, rather updated since my sub was always active. If no changes during migration, I will likely sit it out. It was the one thing I was looking forward to now that I maxed both professions (swordsman and LWT).

Last edited:
Withdrawal Requested

Well I for one can't play with this mess of a loot system, I've sold all my gear and withdrawing all of my in-game funds out of the game.

I can't wait to see calypso land deed returns either lmao, I will now adjust my playing style to this new VU where I can't lose anything.

Let's see how the MA/ EU shareholders react to majority of the player base requesting withdrawals, better get in first before they've no funds.

Well I for one can't play with this mess of a loot system, I've sold all my gear and withdrawing all of my in-game funds out of the game.

I can't wait to see calypso land deed returns either lmao, I will now adjust my playing style to this new VU where I can't lose anything.

Let's see how the MA/ EU shareholders react to majority of the player base requesting withdrawals, better get in first before they've no funds.

I hope they dont make the same mistake a particular individual did when i conplained something was broken (it still is).

Yes, my loot seems to have improved. Previously was about 50-60% return now I would say at least 80-90%.

Overall very pleased with the new loot system :cool:

With all due respect, if your returns previously were 50-60%, it's hard to not improve...

This I really dont understand.
How you can with your gear have ever lost any significant amount?
Hunting with adjusted resto and ozpyn A101 can be done forever! Especially if you own some CLD's.
With that income you can fuel your ozpyn indefinatly!
I'm now grinding foul young for the foul V mission, and it's impossible to lose much!
I did foul I to IV during loot 1.0 and was losing a lot more then.
(I've had different experiences with troxes though in loot 2.0.)

How could you possibly adjust your playing style so you cant lose anything?
You going to sweat? Thats about the only thing left for you stepping down from 6 dmg weapons.:scratch2:

Besides that, you and many other appearantly are set on making money here, and if you dont make money you all rage quit.

Also with these posts about rage quiting you're damaging the game even further. ANd that goes for all.
If you're unhappy, just leave but stop making this huge fuss about it!
The system dont doesnt let you win, so kill the system! Right?

Well, I will find that very dissapointing. Been here for 12 years, and I would really miss entropia when it would die.
Been here for 12 years without any deposits sinds 2008 (apart from an occasional strongbox but less then 50$ in total) and still moving forward. Sure, I ant level 100 yet, but who cares?
I just adjust my plaing style according to my budget.
Sometimes I whine when I have bad periods, and some time I cheer when I see those swirlies.
Lootius has never treated my kind. Never had any 1k daikiba's or 10k atroxes. I always knew, if I shoot, I loose. So no expectations. All you get back is bonus.
I traded my way through the game and later invested in some CLD to get some income to play.

But problem is many are just to greedy. They want that ATH! And think that if they spend more, they will get it for sure. Well, you wont. It's like the lottery. Been buying tickets for what, 20 years now? And never won anything above 5 euro's. And still I and many other buy those stupid tickets. We never rage quit?
Whats the difference?

It just saddens me to read all these rage quit posts and people wishing for the system to crash :(

I usually tend to cycle most on mining, but the recent mining returns have been really bad so I am cycling a bit heavier on hunting now after loot 2.0. About 2-3 k ped cycled each day now on different mobs and I feel like loot 2.0 is broken, or at least I think they did not try to make hunting loot so extremely volatile, it can compete with the ridiculous volatility of the current mining system...

However, I see what they trying to do here with the shrapnel, by increasing shrapnel percentage in loot they are trying (hoping) that this will steadily fix the markup on different items and materials. It feels like they are trying to make the shrapnel loot like the ped stacks in old project entropia loot. Maybe they were too naive that the markups would increase faster or that the "bonus shrapnel loot stacks" would be interesting enough.

Although, you cannot just release a new hunting system that increase volatility, decrease avg return and decrease droprate on items/mats, and think that players will think that the new hunting system is fun and rewarding :( As hunting is now it is really tedious and I hope the eomon/longtooth event will show a more fun side of the newly released loot 2.0 system.

From what I gather, it very much is a bug. Seems like, based on data collected, a lot of players are getting super partial loots. For example, 10ped mob yields 0.8ped of shrapnel and that is it. It makes the entire experience very volatile. It does not have anything to do with optimal loot, it is just..... broken. This seems to be what is affecting imk2 users. I am not hit that hard with such types of partial loots (as a swordsman with 81 eff), but I do get them.

How much do you think it's a bug and not just the No Looters MA seemed to have removed?

Still confused here.... :scratch2:

First after the patch i did ~1500 ped on Keberos (x3 + a102 + Turrelion armor) did really well, so well in fact I thought of staying there forever, mind you that before that I never really had much luck on Kerberos, but was not bad either.

Then went on to Feffoid at Fury... (AdjMK2 + a104 + Koroma) Total disaster, I wised up after about hour of ultra bad loot, never seen so bad drops on fefs, which are one of my fave mobs, always had good average on them and never really hurt my budget. Now I am at 7000/10000 iron and have no clue if I should continue.

Next onto Atrox (AdjMK2 + a104 + Adj.Musca + 5A plates) Loot is great currently, still in profit tt wise, without selling the loot after burning around 3k ped. The weird thing here is "optimal" loot, I noticed I get more infrasound emitter components on guardians/providers than on young/mature/old which are the majority of the spawn there.
I am pretty sure AdjMK2 + a104 is in no way optimal for Atrox anyway.

i think they did a good job in adding those new blueprints for mf amps and guns. they lose lots of crafted mats that need mats from both mining and hunting. while also decreasing the supply of hunting mats it should over time generate more MU which compensates for the lower average return. until this hits full effect it will take a while though. id count on at least 3-6 months before the first effects of the change are recognizable.
but i think its a step in the right direction.

Back