Do you feel your overall loot returns have improved significantly?

Subject

• Yes

Votes: 64 27.7%
  • No

Votes: 167 72.3%

• Total voters

stc44

Provider
I'm just a bit curious to see how the poll numbers gonna match that stated "upwards to 98%"

Been positive 3 runs in a row. That's after months of some of the worst returns ever. I can feel the loot swings during a 3 hour hunt it's pretty great.

I vote BUT!!!!

U need at least 3 scales :

Do you feel your overall loot returns have improved significantly?

Yes
No
Mixed

THATS THE RIGHT!!!!!!:wise:

Faceof id Dynamic...:lolup:
Faceof...:cool:

Been at about 65% return for fouls being eco, over about 400 kills, so i said no as its about the same. I get more minis, but i average about 6-16 pec per kill when its costs about 30 pec a kill in only weapon cost

Loot has improved significantly but I'm losing like I hadn't had for a very long time :)

How is that possible? Well, my hunting techniques I mentioned in that post don't work anymore. The loot is so flat, I can't read it so don't know when/if to switch. So now I'm subverted to what most people do - spending all the run on same mob. When I did it on rare occasions (when I grinded for certain loot, for example) in the last 6-7 years, I always had those notorious ~60-70%. Now most of the time it's 85-95%. It reminds me the returns of pre-2009. Is it improvement? For many it is. But not if you used to break even on 3 out 5 runs.

It's only a preliminary experience of course, will take months to figure out what's going on.

minimum loot on each kill is lower, hofs are still rare
1k ped runs w/o globals are still here & 90% of my loot is crapnell.
See you at loot 3.0.. untill then my ava is for sale!

SB 100k ped, BO 150K

Current tt value of ava 60k ped

minimum loot on each kill is lower, hofs are still rare
1k ped runs w/o globals are still here & 90% of my loot is crapnell.
See you at loot 3.0.. untill then my ava is for sale!

SB 100k ped, BO 150K

Current tt value of ava 60k ped

I offer 1k ped for it so I can report it to Mindark and delete it forever :)

Doesn't look like 98%. :rolleyes:

I honestly prefer the Pre Loot 2:0.

Now hunting's become a shambles.

Much too soon for me to know. Thus far, I spent the first two days after patch hunting low level mobs and got much closer to 98% return than before the patch. I feel that that number is from the patch, or from a patch having been recently applied (normal loot pool behavior after patches), or both. I've begun testing crafting returns but I'm pretty sure I screwed that test up badly enough that I will have to discard its results. I'll re-test low level hunting again a few times to find out whether it's a new theme or just the results of a patch being recent.

Much too soon for me to know. Thus far, I spent the first two days after patch hunting low level mobs and got much closer to 98% return than before the patch. I feel that that number is from the patch, or from a patch having been recently applied (normal loot pool behavior after patches), or both. I've begun testing crafting returns but I'm pretty sure I screwed that test up badly enough that I will have to discard its results. I'll re-test low level hunting again a few times to find out whether it's a new theme or just the results of a patch being recent.

They never claimed people will get 98% TT return. People need to learn to read!

They said "loot will improve FOR 98% OF THE PEOPLE", not that the returns would be 98%.

I'm not sure if it's better yet, but the main thing I am excited about (and still haven't figured out) is the changes to armor and armor decay - if that can be lessened, then I will be better with returns. Armor repair has always been the biggest hit to my card.
I FEEL like loot is better, but I don't have data to back it up. Something just seems different besides the obvious of no frags and no ammo. I don't think I've noticed a no loot mob either.
It just feels more like before - ... before when I'm not sure VU9 or the SGA time frame.
Time will tell, but main thing i want to point out

In my years of experience in this game and with MA best thing you can remember is to NOT HAVE EXPECTATIONS.
I guess you can expect the worse, but any thoughts of how you think it will be or should be almost never comes to reality. They say better loot for more people, but don't expect you to be one...

1pec more return in a 100ped hunt is a increase.

So 98% get 1 pec more in 100 1000 10000 ped so never say MA is lying they dont say you get 80% more as before 1 pec is more and for sure more it isnt........

so far I cant complain.
breaking about even so far.

I did vote, but it was not quite correct.
It did not improve significantly but it does seem to be more stable.

But hey, I guess most opinions (inlcuding mine) here are based on way to small numbers, so meaningless anyways.

In my years of experience in this game and with MA best thing you can remember is to NOT HAVE EXPECTATIONS.
I guess you can expect the worse, but any thoughts of how you think it will be or should be almost never comes to reality. They say better loot for more people, but don't expect you to be one...

Best post in this thread so far.
Although I do have expectations, mine are that I lose everything I play with.
So if that doesnt happen, I'm happy! :)

I think we could be on the alpha / beta test. And the Loot 2.0 isn't fully implimented. Lets hope so

Was super positive the first day and had a good feeling about it..but now looks like I am back to loosing 150-300ped of the decay per 1k ped ammo shoot..

Last edited:
It's only a preliminary experience of course, will take months to figure out what's going on.

Yes - its to early and also what we learn now will be changed in future.
Like adding fragments, mob specific loot, some mob specific skins and so on.
And not only variety will be changed but probably min, max and multipliers when other factors will be tweaked in the loot formula - like skills, buffs, decay, enhancers, killing time and so on.
Almost all variables are already in game and we were used to take into account them, we have just to wait and see what MA will do with them in future.
Its probably also wrong thinking like "im maxed, im ok" because MA will take care that each of us will have to adapt some or change something.

I voted yes because I am finally hunting again. Loot 2.0 has restored my faith in hunting which was my worst profession and been focusing on other skilling and harvesting for the last couple months. Now with loot 2.0 my returns are a consistent 20-30% higher the before.

I am now able to finish and grind some Irons which is all I really wanted to do in the first place. There are 2 reason why I hunt 1. The Skill Reward/token 2. The skills. Before I would go out trying to complete and Iron and be forced to stop with a 60% return. I never had much luck and couldn't stand the no looters and nova's.

Now I am rolling through missions with confidence that I will be near even at the end of the hunt. I can now also just do bigger and longer runs because I can cycle PED far better with my limited PED card for hunting. Just finished stage 6 Hadraada and was killing the big ones where before my ped card got recked on them today my last run was 470 ped TT spent and 522 ped TT return. This is just amazing! To be able to finish missions now not be broke and start working on another one.

Ok so why is so much different for me that isn't for others? Not sure I guess I will have to keep hunting and we can draw that conclusion latter. I am using the same setup but before 2.0 I would go out and just have one of those historically bad runs that people talk about and no one believes. I would go out on a 1 or 2 hr hunt and get 60%. Stop hunting and go back to working on my other professions. I never had any faith that I could make 90% long term and maybe the system before didn't support my play style. Now though I am hunting far more because I feel confident no matter what at the end of my run it should be decent and no where close to those epically bad runs I used to have.

So guess I am in that 98% that has seen completely dramatic changes. Also my friend is seeing the same results and before she would have horrible hunts. We both had stopped hunting hoping they would change loot and finally 2.0 arrives and for us it has delivered big time. I might have to start depositing again if this loot and my faith in professions is fully restored and this keeps up.:yay:

Which 98%? :scratch2:

The 98% of registered accounts. Which amounts more or less to the number of inactive accounts. The remaining 2% who won't SEE any improvement are the ones still playing :laugh:

Reactions: Mac
Well... where is the option to vote loot is worse now than before 2.0 ?

I wonder if/how MA keeps track of these numbers. Maybe MA could post before and after results for everyone responding to the poll :D

I only got a B in Calculus but I know that 27% <> 98%. :wise:

I only got a B in Calculus but I know that 27% <> 98%. :wise:

Statistically, people that get involved with forums are never a fair representation of the average gamer, but more like of the elite gamer. A very clear example in this sense was recently observed on the most popular forum related with Blizzard's CCG (not name it since I understood is against forum rules, but probably you know which one I talk about), where 84% of the people participating in the poll said they achieved legend rank, while official Blizzard statistically clearly state that only 0.2% of all players achieve said rank.

So I highly suspect that many of the forum regulars are among those 2% elite players, which got punished by the update and when judging the efficiency of the update MindArk will base their judgment on the trends they see looking on the database numbers and not on the feedback provided by a vocal minority. Now don't get me wrong, by all means necessary, please do submit your feedback, since any constructive feedback can help, just stating that any of our individual feedback or even the collective feedback from the forum may very well represent only the views of a certain minority in terms of game demographics.

Statistically, people that get involved with forums are never a fair representation of the average gamer, but more like of the elite gamer. A very clear example in this sense was recently observed on the most popular forum related with Blizzard's CCG (not name it since I understood is against forum rules, but probably you know which one I talk about), where 84% of the people participating in the poll said they achieved legend rank, while official Blizzard statistically clearly state that only 0.2% of all players achieve said rank.

So I highly suspect that many of the forum regulars are among those 2% elite players, which got punished by the update and when judging the efficiency of the update MindArk will base their judgment on the trends they see looking on the database numbers and not on the feedback provided by a vocal minority. Now don't get me wrong, by all means necessary, please do submit your feedback, since any constructive feedback can help, just stating that any of our individual feedback or even the collective feedback from the forum may very well represent only the views of a certain minority in terms of game demographics.

I see plenty of low level and mid level players commenting on this forum, including yourself. Tell you what, why don't you go shoot a few thousand mobs and record all the numbers like us uber complainers have and then tell us how to get 95% tt return. Until then your posting is far exceeding your experience.

I see plenty of low level and mid level players commenting on this forum, including yourself. Tell you what, why don't you go shoot a few thousand mobs and record all the numbers like us uber complainers have and then tell us how to get 95% tt return. Until then your posting is far exceeding your experience.

I don't even aim for 95%.

I honestly expect 90% return, budget for 80% return rates (and no MU), and I consider the difference of 10% (20%) my cost for entertainment.

Anything that comes above that (either as loot or as MU) I just take as a bonus that allows me to get even more entertainment than I initially expected from my bucks. :)

Last edited:
I've done a reasonably large puny hunt since loot 2.0 came out. I cycled 400 ped of ammo on punies (10-20 health) and ended up with 447 ped. Didn't test gun or amp decay, but before the patch on large puny hunts I would normally get between 80-85% returns. I'm going to say based on that loot has improved a fair amount.

Back