My loot 2.0 experiences

Madmartigan

Dominant
Society
Infamous
Madmartigan Maxell Maximus
I must admit I jumped on the "excited" bandwagon and I certainly had high hopes for this VU.

Hunting: I finished out Longu IV (guardian-stalkers) to give me that last push to commando as any small skill boosts will get me there within days. Initially I was killing it. Up almost 800 peds. Mini after mini, bonus shrapnel every 20 kills it seemed. One night I globaled 7 times on them and even looted an ESI. On Longu, success like that isn't common. Sure had me thinking wow, 2.0 rocks! Then I logged out....

Upon relog 2-3 nights ago I now realize I received a curse for my good fortune. Longu's we're dead, so I decided to try others, loss after loss on at least 10-12 different mobs. Every (200-300ped) hunt was 50-60% returns. After losing quite a bit I thought perhaps it is just the swing of things and looked for other activities.

Crafting: I only do Lyst containers, but I have had some nice success in the past. In 2.0 I can't get better than 70% returns. So ya, let me know if you want a 100 qr BP. I'm just going to sell the Lyst I find for MU moving forward.

Mining: Holy crap.. bad decision. I know FOMA mining is risky per say, but I've never gone through multiple amps with ZERO finds. Tbh I don't even know how to describe it. I'm not a lvl 13 amp miner, as I mostly just do lvl 5 endurance runs. But finding one claim per 100 drops is just crazy now. After losing nearly 1.5k over 20 lvl 5 runs I decided I'll just go planet side. Averaging just enough to cover lvl 5 amp costs. Gonna put the finder away until something turns around for me.

Conclusion: Aside from my first successful Longu hunts, it has now turned into "take 2.0" for me no matter what I do. It is early to be critical, as swings do happen. I will say though that it's become slightly frustrating. Perhaps things will get better, as only time will tell. I will give it one last week of my normal play style. If no change, I will just budget myself to $50 on the weekends for "normal spending" entertainment. I won't much care if I lose it all, and at least anything gained is a bonus.

Hopefully you all are fairing better than me. I'm not the most "responsible" player, but I do have over 200k skills, only use maxed gear, and have a fair depth of knowledge after playing on/off since 2005.

Edit: I forgot to mention that in 1.0 that I could bounce around in activities and stay relatively afloat. There was always a nice pick me up global or crafting/mining find. These seem a lot more rare in 2.0-- i.e Not happening lol.

Last edited:
First of all, please note that loot 2.0 is actually hunting loot 2.0 and mining and crafting were not part of this so the only relevant part of your post is the one relevant to hunting.

And about this one, can you share some more details? As in exact return rates, weapon setup, number of hunted mobs, etc?

First of all, please note that loot 2.0 is actually hunting loot 2.0 and mining and crafting were not part of this so the only relevant part of your post is the one relevant to hunting.

And about this one, can you share some more details? As in exact return rates, weapon setup, number of hunted mobs, etc?

maybe..but I have significant chance on my crafting..really going down side...so not so sure about that :(

I must admit I jumped on the "excited" bandwagon and I certainly had high hopes for this VU.

Hunting: I finished out Longu IV (guardian-stalkers) to give me that last push to commando as any small skill boosts will get me there within days. Initially I was killing it. Up almost 800 peds. Mini after mini, bonus shrapnel every 20 kills it seemed. One night I globaled 7 times on them and even looted an ESI. On Longu, success like that isn't common. Sure had me thinking wow, 2.0 rocks! Then I logged out....

Upon relog 2-3 nights ago I now realize I received a curse for my good fortune. Longu's we're dead, so I decided to try others, loss after loss on at least 10-12 different mobs. Every (200-300ped) hunt was 50-60% returns. After losing quite a bit I thought perhaps it is just the swing of things and looked for other activities.

Crafting: I only do Lyst containers, but I have had some nice success in the past. In 2.0 I can't get better than 70% returns. So ya, let me know if you want a 100 qr BP. I'm just going to sell the Lyst I find for MU moving forward.

Mining: Holy crap.. bad decision. I know FOMA mining is risky per say, but I've never gone through multiple amps with ZERO finds. Tbh I don't even know how to describe it. I'm not a lvl 13 amp miner, as I mostly just do lvl 5 endurance runs. But finding one claim per 100 drops is just crazy now. After losing nearly 1.5k over 20 lvl 5 runs I decided I'll just go planet side. Averaging just enough to cover lvl 5 amp costs. Gonna put the finder away until something turns around for me.

Conclusion: Aside from my first successful Longu hunts, it has now turned into "take 2.0" for me no matter what I do. It is early to be critical, as swings do happen. I will say though that it's become slightly frustrating. Perhaps things will get better, as only time will tell. I will give it one last week of my normal play style. If no change, I will just budget myself to $50 on the weekends for "normal spending" entertainment. I won't much care if I lose it all, and at least anything gained is a bonus.

Hopefully you all are fairing better than me. I'm not the most "responsible" player, but I do have over 200k skills, only use maxed gear, and have a fair depth of knowledge after playing on/off since 2005.

Edit: I forgot to mention that in 1.0 that I could bounce around in activities and stay relatively afloat. There was always a nice pick me up global or crafting/mining find. These seem a lot more rare in 2.0-- i.e Not happening lol.

Same experience, check my Entropia Life profile.

Hunting 3k~ peds daily, first day I hunted I had globals and minis every where on the feffoxes and since then.. well nothing at all! even tried some osseo in between - 2 tiny globals.

I'm right now stepping down and will start hunting on even lower levels, and hope I can adapt to survive

200-300 ped runs on 10-20 different mobs is a good method to get the world record for highest variance hunting

None of us know 100% that this 2.0 update ONLY affected hunting loots. Yea there was a MA announced hunting change ofc, but mining/crafting was very consistent for months on end for me. There are now significant changes and I only simply wanted to share them to see if others are noticing it as well.

As to your post:

I killed roughly 3k Longu (guardian-stalkers only)
200-300 ped runs:
Atrox (young - old)
Eviscerators (gen 1s)
Feffox (young-old)
Spiders (young-matures)
Kerbs (Alpha)
Plus more all in the 2-6 ped per kill range

Setup:

Maxed Emik L4
Dante
Bulls 8x2
Ares Modified
Hermatic Perfected
Viceroy with 5b
X2 pills for buff

200-300 ped runs on 10-20 different mobs is a good method to get the world record for highest variance hunting

Prior to 2.0 I could bounce around with much success. Look at my tracker. If I understood the VU notes right the goal was to find a creature that matched your skills and equipment. After 50-60% returns, I moved on looking for a mob that produced better results.

Hunting overcrowded mobs Friday, Saturday and Sunday is a very risky game no matter what the loot version is. You can hunt many hours, then comes some guy/gal or team and to get 3-4 global in 10 minutes, thus you remaining at 50%.

So how you explain that on Cyrene now only Lyst and Oil are dropping? Or how you explain that for past 1 year I could not find an Fossil tooth on arkadia and now per 1k ped tt of probes when triple dropping Im finding it like 200 to 300ped ? How you can explain that on white area I could find like 150p per round of chem set and Khorodul and now I get lucky if I get 20ped per each? This is bullshit. They mix with the mining too.

I was under the impression they altered workings of loot. So therefore any activity that involves loot could potentially be affected including mining and crafting. I think they detailed hunting as an example. However, all this is just my opinion and haven't tried loot 2.0 myself so dunno.

Hey all... i'll be short :)

7k ped ammo spent return about 70%.

Setup:
Spirit TEN + dante, adj. nemesis SET, adj. resto.

3 mobs Navi, Badger & Togolosi.

Cheers!

P.S.
With hope that someone will post that had positive experiance with the change.

Hey all... i'll be short :)

7k ped ammo spent return about 70%.

Setup:
Spirit TEN + dante, adj. nemesis SET, adj. resto.

3 mobs Navi, Badger & Togolosi.

Cheers!

P.S.
With hope that someone will post that had positive experiance with the change.

Sorry, your gun is either too small or too big for you, your armor is either too small or too big for you, your adj resto chip is probably too eco, the mobs you hunted are either too big or too small for you. Here's to hoping you find the magical combination that will lead you to success in Entropia Universe.

Sorry, your gun is either too small or too big for you, your armor is either too small or too big for you, your adj resto chip is probably too eco, the mobs you hunted are either too big or too small for you. Here's to hoping you find the magical combination that will lead you to success in Entropia Universe.

Keep spending, keep spending, eventually you'll find that magic combination which gives you 98% return :girl::girl::girl:

Withdrawal committed 20 Jun 17

Today I experienced one of the most devastating craft runs in my game history ...

Level 12 Amps on Caly, 50 Ped TT click value.
The result: unusual low success percentage, most of nears far below half of the click value. No multies at all.

Boooooom Boooom :hammer:

Last edited:
Hey , first post here! Loot 2.0 made me register!

So exited about this one, long overdue if you ask me, doing really good so far =) with following setup..

Emik Enigma L2(maxed) dante , gremlin and adj restochip on small/medium atrox...

Hey , first post here! Loot 2.0 made me register!

So exited about this one, long overdue if you ask me, doing really good so far =) with following setup..

Emik Enigma L2(maxed) dante , gremlin and adj restochip on small/medium atrox...

grem on atrox? :scratch2:

played a bit buffy lately... with a couple of L rings, popping pills and neurobiotic, wearing the fast webshop armor, doing small 30 minute to hour long jaunts... seems that the buffs do make you more eco and it is reflected in the loot, especially the ones that up your dps... so I think that that it is starting to make more sense... Mindark wants people to come in full throttle all buffed up til the L buffs wear off, then leave and try again in the next deposit... could be wrong, but suspect that's the direction this thing is heading... hunt for as long as your skill pill will let you til you can deposit again next time to try again.

Also have a hunch that lower the 90% had to be done to counterbalance the lower cost in armor decay, but not sure if that's a real thing or just imagined... would make sense somewhat... balancing being what it is.

Hmm, always open for advise =) What would be a better armor for small/medium Atrox? resto chip pretty much keeps me 100% all the time..

Dummy armor like adj harrier + plates for example 5B. PLates have always lower decay than armor so you can save some peds

On those rare occasions I touch atrox at all, my choice is A.R.C. Guardian (5/5/5 cut/stab/impact, one of the most eco low level armors). We mostly hunt in a team though, so it might not work for solo.

Dummy armor like adj harrier + plates for example 5B. PLates have always lower decay than armor so you can save some peds

Oh, gonna have to try that one out, have 5Bs already..Got me all exited here, with the new lootchanges n all, so far im doing good id say, ill see if i can´t get a more detailed report once im finished with some bigger runs...

Last 2 nights update- hunting wise I grinded about 1200 maffoids to get my 17 ped pistol reward. I hit about 10 globals on night 1 and thought hmm, perhaps it's turning around-- +150 on the hunt. Then yesterday I went to FOMA and and did a lvl 5 run, 14 claims, +200.

I logged last night and was still on FOMA and decided to drop a Dclass. On drop 7- 6500 ped Melchi Tower :yay: I came back to caly and did another 800 maffoids, -150. Lots of Mini's but no globals (didn't expect much after that tower). I will be focused on hunting throughout the week, and will post the results.

PLates have always lower decay than armor
Common misconception.
The lower end of armors ladder goes below 5B decay rate.

(Although, in the new 2.0 system it's not immediately clear if lower decay is always better..?)

Loot got better for me :smash: I'm the 98% :grouphug:

Back