One major question about Loot 2.0

Detritus

Sel-requested Deactivation
Detritus the Troll
Dear MA:

Your notes state that we should match skills to mob. I understand the implications of this in terms of hunting above your skill level; but I would like a definitive answer on whether it is conversely true that we are punished for hunting below our skill level.

Many of your players, myself included, hunt to our budget, not to our skills. If we are now going to suffer by hunting low mobs (with the correct gear, of course), then I would like to know now rather than waste the rest of my time and money finding out.

I believe answering this question will not give away any particulars or secrets with regards to the new algorithm.

Reactions: DoA
That's a smart question and I would appreciate an answer too.

It is completely fine to hunt lower level mobs and there is no "punishment" in doing so.

i got a followup question: you said that 98% will see improved results in hunting.. how comes that the average loot is down by 20% though for most people (according to a forum survey and ingame tracking talk)
is it because loot 2.0 is still bugged? if you dont want to lose too many players due to this it would be smart to give some more insight on how its supposed to work so we can see if loot 2.0 is at least working as intended. because right now people just blame MA for fucking it up and stop playing.

i got a followup question: you said that 98% will see improved results in hunting.. how comes that the average loot is down by 20% though for most people (according to a forum survey and ingame tracking talk)
is it because loot 2.0 is still bugged? if you dont want to lose too many players due to this it would be smart to give some more insight on how its supposed to work so we can see if loot 2.0 is at least working as intended. because right now people just blame MA for fucking it up and stop playing.

Thanks, i would like an answer too.

Are we beta testers? Is there going to be another "Secret" adjustment? No problem on saying this. I would help out as a beta tester if needed

And is it by design or a flaw that rings, limited boosts, armor, scopes and sights do not influence the eco % shown? (Since they definately do affect dpp/dps)

/Sbinortz

+rep to Mindark for recent communications in the forum. Though not official, this forum is how 99% of players get their information and "news."

seeing mindark officials clarifying our questions is a step in the right direction for me.

I seem to do fine on the full range of mobs. Still globaling, and looting items on everything from jori (level 5) to feffox stalker (level 105). Currently 97 blp with 56 combat average. I do notice slightly better so far on mobs around level 60, could be coincidence too.

I also notice the loot distribution itself is quite different, much less hides (boo), extractors, comps, oils.. ect, on many mobs and I think this is where the skills come into the loot. I think perhaps the side parts might drop in higher amounts as we skill up, with less shrapnel.. but we need to see some data first really.

Another follow-up question that I'm curious about:

Since loot is now impacted by time-to-kill -- does this mean swunting is now off the table? Or does the time-to-kill start when the first shot is fired?

It is completely fine to hunt lower level mobs and there is no "punishment" in doing so.

Aaah that's why i did +2k on hogglo's with imp ares, maxed i287+a106 with 55% TT return to see a player with less then 200 hp get a 4.5k hogglo guardian...
When I see or smell BS, I think it's ok to say so..

Must say, doing much better in hive

My main concern is that dps needs to match mobs hp..
on my setup, a lvl 45 L user get's more dps while I have 2nd highest dps in my class counting old skool guns.. (not counting SGA counterparts)..
Should I hunt snables for the rest of my carreer as I can't profit enough to upgrade to a mm?

Also unmaxed guns (for me, it's tagger.. I have maxed dmg & 9.5 hit.. how big is the punishment for using unmaxed gear like that?)

I could use dmg enhancers to up my dps but looking at the breakrate compared to other weapons.. & tier cost, it would be cheaper to use an L gun.. IF only I could find them.

Dear MA:

Your notes state that we should match skills to mob. I understand the implications of this in terms of hunting above your skill level; but I would like a definitive answer on whether it is conversely true that we are punished for hunting below our skill level.

Many of your players, myself included, hunt to our budget, not to our skills. If we are now going to suffer by hunting low mobs (with the correct gear, of course), then I would like to know now rather than waste the rest of my time and money finding out.

I believe answering this question will not give away any particulars or secrets with regards to the new algorithm.

Well the good news is that so far I haven't seen much effect hunting lower level mobs with my TT setup. If anything I'm getting a bit better return with a lot less costs at the end to repair.

But sad to say this isn't really a good time to be rating (debating) how the system works since I'm guessing MA did jack up the overall loot return for a week or so and should bring the system down to normal this week if not last week since I did find my first few hunts had really good returns and then went back down to TT loss. But again, that TT loss is much lower and I was very happy to see it.

Dear MA:

I see a lot of people making random assumptions about matching skill level and gear to mobs to kill for best loot with little actual statements of fact about it from MA.

What skill level are we talking about? HP? Evade? Total Skill count? Average Skill count of combat skills? Average of professions? Highest Profession? Lowest Profession? What exactly does skill level mean?

How do we match our skill levels to mobs? Is it their HP? Is it some other factor about mobs where the only thing we know is what lvl we see on their label or what we can scan? How fast is too fast, how slow is too slow, how would I know one way or the other? Is it lack of something in loot, or something extra in loot? Does shrapnal bonus in loot how we are supposed to track this?

How do we know how to match gear to mobs? How am I supposed to know if I am supposed to be wearing my shadow on big aurli or my gremlin? I can wear gremlin fine, but am I supposed to be wearing my shadow? I can do a huge number of mobs with no armor because I INVESTED in a mod resto chip, does that mean my loot will be penalized because I am not wearing armor?

I can kill many high level mobs with my gear, some of them are mission mobs, how do I know if my plans to do these mobs in these missions are going to cost me more because they are somehow above my level? How would I know? If skills matter somehow, how do I know if I am being penalized for doing missions to get skills because the mobs are somehow out of my range???

I got a million questions about these changes that aren't being answered and all I am seeing is speculation. Speculation that costs me real money to "test" on my own. Multiply that by how many people playing? All of us "testing it out on our own" and you can see how many frustrated customers you are getting because of your lack of transparency.

Last edited:

And punichment for being below mob level?
I started the day with warrior commanders but loot seemed capped doing them solo, every single mob dropped the 50% return on killcost multi (cruising around 30 ped but when ive been doing these in team they payed other multis) gave up and moved on.
Now i was doing prots with some occational mulmun elites, same story there killed 12 mobs every single mob dropped 19.5-21 ped.
Is this the effect of being too slow to the kill?

Reactions: Mac
I think its more based on if you use a weapon you dont have enough skill for, scroll over the % rating for the weapon, it actually explains it i believe.

at least one of them do, it seems slthe descriptions explain details of weapons more etc.

Thanks MA for the clarification. That is what I thought. You can always come back to lower mobs, it's hunting mobs too high for your level that will yield you less then optimal loot.

That being said however, seems to me that for those who want to gamble their PEDs, they can still get HOFs or ATH on higher mobs so ultimately, anyone could prefer to continue hunting as before.

Thanks MA for the clarification. That is what I thought. You can always come back to lower mobs, it's hunting mobs too high for your level that will yield you less then optimal loot.

That being said however, seems to me that for those who want to gamble their PEDs, they can still get HOFs or ATH on higher mobs so ultimately, anyone could prefer to continue hunting as before.

Please explain what "too high" and "your level" is.

I literally can't see a reason whatsoever why they'd give a penalty in loot if you kill said creature too slow?

Each time a mob hits you = more money for MA, if mob has regen, slower dps = more money for MA.

Only question I have, and I'm sure everyone else are wondering, how many seconds do you (MA) find it "optimal" to kill any creature before you get punished by worse loot?

If the above question is too detailed for you to answer can you confirm or deny if players get punished in their avg loot, if they kill a creature too slowly?

I'm like 99% that you're overthinking that and that in all that developer blog "worse loot" actually was used instead of "worse return rate".

As in:

• Loot value calculations and the composition of the items in loot will be affected by properly matching avatar skills and gear to the creature being hunted, rewarding efficient kills with more interesting loot. For optimal loot, it will be important to avoid inefficiencies such as low damage output compared to creature health, excessive time and cost to kill, overkill damage, unmaxed weapons and other factors.

- efficient kills = not (much) overkill, not (much) regen
- not matching skills/gear with too strong mob = lower return rate because too much regen (which will not be [entirely] compensated)
g- not matching skills/hear with too weak mob = lower return rate because too much overkill (which will not be [entirely] compensated)
- avoid low damage output compared to creature health = avoid too much regen (which will not be [entirely] compensated)
- avoid overkill damage (which will not be [entirely] compensated)
- avoid unmaxed weapon = less damage, more misses, higher cost to kill mob (which will not be [entirely] compensated)
- economy rating = just another reading of DPP, not affecting loot directly, but if you pay more to get same loot then return rates are lower

So, in other words, the way I see it is not much has changes (sure loot tables were changed, loot waves were changed, probably deviation between high eco/low eco and average eco have been lowered, etc) so nothing fancy like getting more or less loot depending on your skills, your weapon, hunted mob, day cycles, position on the map or the length of your or your avatar's shorts. :p

Last edited:
From my very limited hunting post Loot 2.0, I noticed that if I lose a lot of HP while hunting a mob, the loot is generally low. For example, when I hunted mobs of equivalent level that did 60+ dmg per hit, loot was worse, than when I hunted mobs that did under 20 dmg per hit. For example, my loot on Scarboreas wasn't great because I do not have armor that offers high impact protection. But when I hunted similar level Atroxes, I received less damage and more loot.

Of course, I found this a bit problematic since I generally hunt with armor that doesn't offer great protection, but my defense skills and healing tools compensate for it.

That said, I do agree with DoA that we are overthinking this a bit too much. The system probably didn't change much, but MA is suggesting that hunting smarter will lead to better loot, i.e. overkill will harm returns. Well, of course it will.

TT my life

Hallo alle.

Just a little info before the important part. Playing from 7-8 months lvl 53 laser hit 33 lvl evader.
I am killing only Longtooth Yong now which are lvl 12 as you all know :) .

200 $ lost in around 2-3 weeks. Wasnt the new loot was supposed to be better with better returns. Returns will improve. How? I tried with armor, no armor, with healer no healer with kiting no kiting still same foking sht.
I can deff confirm this was the very very bottom of the most ridiculous thing i have ever saw during my playing in tihs so called Entropia Universe. Using Maxed UL adj EP 41 mili adj with amp a106 and its 64 economy doesnt even know what does this means.

So basicly i depo every day 20-30$ and i loose them in about hour or two. ( from a lvl 12 mob)
This is beyong insane scam ( talking from my own experience).
Before loot 2 i was rly happy that somehow MA will managed to do something for us ( newbies), but no. Its been worse and its getting worse.

I lost hope and you know that hope dies last.

GL all and take care.

KIT KAT

Last edited:
Hallo alle.

So basicly i depo every day 20-30$ and i loose them in about hour or two. ( from a lvl 12 mob)
This is beyong insane scam ( talking from my own experience).
Before loot 2 i was rly happy that somehow MA will managed to do something for us ( newbies), but no. Its been worse and its getting worse.

I lost hope and you know that hope dies last.

GL all and take care.

KIT KAT

Oh come on..... I have been through your problem and you are certainly way beyond unhappy.

But EU cant be a scam... it just an expensive game to play. You definitely have no experienced in being scammed. Being scammed is even worst than losing $ in this game.

I not saying something, hoping that you will accept it. Just hope you will appreciate and make you becoming a better person.

If you are staying, just learn to play this game in your own way. your most comfortable way.....
Like most of my great in-game friends told me,,,,, u never know,,,,, u will hof :laugh:

Back