Pet Box and Stable Pet extraction

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
Pet Box

Is it possible the devs could consider introducing a storage box 'just' for pets, with a high capacity count. Say 500 even 1000 items please?

The reason I mention 'just' pets, is so that it's not abused for other items.
Maybe we're only allowed one box, and it must be empty if dragged to main storage.
Maybe non-tradable. Whatever would work to improve the taming experience.

The simple purpose is to improve the joy of taming, it's somewhere to locate a ton of pets whilst taming in the field. If the box had a special feature that tamed pets automatically entered that box, it would be even better.

I currently use a few vehicles to do this job, although I'm sure you could make it more user friendly with some minor adjustments and new ideas.

However as is tradition you could even make some money out if it, introduce a new vehicle BP, Pet truck or something.

Pet essence extraction at Stable

When extracting pets for essence at the stable, the distance between storage window and dragging the pet to the centre of the stable window takes time. Especially when extracting 200+ pets every two hours.

I appreciate that left and right handed people might want the active window moved from the centre to the left of right of the pet stable interaction screen for fast dragging and dropping. However is it possible to simplify this a little to make the dragging and dropping quicker and easier please?

Obviously a multi pet dump would be even better, with a warning if any rare pets have been dragged into the box.
That way we could dump 200 pets at once. Now that would be superb.
Maybe even adding a simple rule that a stable will refuse to accept a fed pet for extraction as another safeguard.

I'm told by a lot of people that dumping pets one at a time at the stable, puts them off wanting to skill taming.

Thanks for listening.

Rick

Pitbull IV works well for pets , it is 180 or 190 items and it helps the economy when you buy or sell one.

I agree with Rick ;)

some vehicles has high capacity, yes, but weight of its doesn't help at all, considering who you need to carry "some" of its at the same time (pitbulls included).

Got several resettlement containers, a pitbull, and a few other boxes as well as an apartment full of pets, and yep, it would be nice if there were better options. As it is now, I have several sets of armor in addition to all of the pets, so actually only have about 50 free slots in inventory, so just do 50 pets at a time before I get 'slow'....

Along similar concerns, I'd like to see ability for a full set of armor, with all plates, etc. downsized to one slot in inventory to make things a bit simpler. They made it so that you can equip and unequip full set with one click now so why not make it do similar with the actual inventory... Also, why the hell do all of the different armor from different planets have different sizes in inventory, same with pets? rifi helmet takes up different inventory spaces than pixi adjusted, etc. Some days it takes me 3+ hours to just moves stuff between boxes, inventory, storage and apartment to make it so items don't keep overflowing max on inventory and storage where you start missing items unless you drag em out to inventory....

Similar concern is with all of those damn blueprints... I used to keep spare books, but that gets convoluted with remembering which is the 'real' books and which are for the 'dupes'... so now I just keep one set of books... between all of the books from every planet it literally fills an entire room in an apartment if I put them there.

entropia_2017-02-09_01.01.10.jpg

Along a similar line, it might be nice if auctioneer could auction pets for us?... Not sure it's a good idea since stupid folks will lower markup by undercutting one another, but at the same time, it might give us a better estimate on what pets really are worth? There is an entire auction section for it, but name tags are all that's there now. Where's that ability to sell pets from compets and/or bring those pets in to EU from there?

In ancient pre vu 10 days, you stored your pet at the stable... promises of similar solutions were probably in the heads of those that invested in stables? Some of the stables in game are just big empty buildings. Would be interesting if storing pets there put an animated version of that mob type in the stable somewhere... so if stable is storing 100 atrox and atrox is in one of the stalls?... and perhaps more integration in to compets, which allows upgrades to these stables like over there, etc.

Last edited:
Standardizing pet sizes in apartments would be nice too... Rhino Beetle, Paneleon, etc. are nice and big but they hog a lot of space in the apartment floors... Would like it if each pet had a big or small option when you put them down in the apartments, so one is like a 'statue' like those big guys, and the other is a mini version... perhaps make it so that the 'big' option isn't available until they reach level 10 or something.

Look at the size differences:
https://goo.gl/photos/uSwPVFkCb4e25hbZA

As for the books, there's several pieces of furniture in game that pretend to be book shelves, but they don't you know, actually take the bp books and organize them in a way similar to how a real world book shelf functions... fix that.

Last edited:
Pet Box

Is it possible the devs could consider introducing a storage box 'just' for pets, with a high capacity count. Say 500 even 1000 items please?

:scratch2:

Why on earth would you want to stock 1000 pets?
Why not just grind them to essence once you got like a hundred or so?

So, if such a container is made, you would prolly buy 5 of 'm being able to stock 5k pets.
Why???

:scratch2:

Why on earth would you want to stock 1000 pets?
Why not just grind them to essence once you got like a hundred or so?

So, if such a container is made, you would prolly buy 5 of 'm being able to stock 5k pets.
Why???

This is all about grinding taming for skills. Which is in essence the game.

If you tame Chirin dragons they're less HP than say Eudorian Devils. So with an adjusted bolga it's pretty easy to tame 300 dragons per full whip. Probably 250-ish devils.

Currently these are the best pets (I know of anyway) to grind taming on Caly. Atrox are a pain because Ma changed it about a year ago, so you need to wait for HP regain to attempt tame. It's simply not economical to grind Atrox for taming skills. (It's not a personal skill issue either).

It's a real pain being full of pets, and having to spend 30 mins at the stable "per whip".

There's two issues here. The first carrying a ton of pets in the filed. The second is quicker dumping of pets.

I find it quite strange; because obviously MA introduced pets with skill gain passive bonus, to promote taming in the community. Yet they make it, frustratingly annoying.

Now to skill taming to levels 50+ you literally have to tame tens of thousands of pets. You need the patience of of a God to dump that many pets to stable. I've done it, but I think certain things about the taming profession can be improved with some minor adjustments.

I'm not asking for huge development commitment. Just simple changes to help the profession.

Hope that helps explain the problem.

Cheers

Rick

edit: If you try and dump the pets to TT, you will get a warning per pets, it can feel worse than using the stable. At least you get essence for using the stable, which is about 2 - 3 ped per whip.

That amount of essence adds up to a lot of ped over thousands of pets.

So, if I understand you correctly, you just need to have such a pet container to carry the pets in the field during a taming run?
Not so much to store them since they're put in the grinder to make mince meat.

Just wondering, how many players have this " problem"?

I know you're a die hard, hard core whipper, but how many Ricks are there out there?

Well, if MA is ever going to implement such a " pettainer" it's called the "Rick pettainer" for sure! :laugh:

So, if I understand you correctly, you just need to have such a pet container to carry the pets in the field during a taming run?

Correct... the main issue is to just store them whilst grinding. So it's possible to use two or more whips.

I know players that quit taming because of the boredom of dumping pets to stable.
Yet anyone that grinds taming will encounter the same issues.

I know you're a die hard, hard core whipper, but how many Ricks are there out there?

Well, if MA is ever going to implement such a " pettainer" it's called the "Rick pettainer" for sure! :laugh:

I heard back in the day that it was pretty easy to get taming skills, just "training pets".
It's very hard in the new system to get a lot of skill just training.

I had next to nothing taming skills pre 2014.

It's quite easy though (if committed) to get taming skills by taming pets in the new taming system.

lol.....would be funny. The Rick Petainer....lol.

Rick

me! .....and many others, for sure

same ... i like taming since the very beginning, and somehow i really wanna force the developer of this system to play it himself (like juicing thousands of pets, one at a time)

but, how big should the box be?

Bristlehog pup has 20 hp. That's the smallest tameable on Calypso.

UL Viper is 2.668 dmg/pec and has full TT Value of 204 ped.

(I'm no math expert so if someone else is better at math go for it...)

204 Ped X100 pec per ped=20,400 pec per whip at max TT

20,400 pec TT Value max / 2.668 damage per pec = 7646.176911544228 damage per whip?

7646.176911544228 damage per whip/20 hp per bristlehog pup = 382.3088455772114

Not sure if that's right? Does that mean each whip is only taming 382 pets, rounded down to 300-350 if you account for unsuccessful attempts, etc.?

It's early morning, and I've not had coffee yet. Is that correct math? Probably not since my brain isn't functioning right this morning (I was an art major, not a math major way back in school)... so would a 500 count box be right size for this Rick's PetTainer or would 1k size box, or 5k size be better?... i.e. how many pets should it hold if we really want devs to get serious about this?

I love the resettlement containers, but 100 isn't big enough for this... The pitbulls are nice, but they are only 190 slots... Seems to me that 1k for one size box and 5k for another size would be just about right?... maybe a 10k box for uber major spenders?

What they need to do is make it about the size that you can tame max number of lowest hp pets with 3 full whips, or whatever... not sure what the calculations would be on chirin and other pets... need to do calculations on whichever whip/mob combo would get you most quantity?... and make it 3-5 full tt whip total for full size?

Maybe we should do calculations with UL mamba since it has most tt value of the whips?

Also devs please don't limit such a box to pets as it would be handy in unlimited crafting...

Last edited:
Correct... the main issue is to just store them whilst grinding. So it's possible to use two or more whips.

I know players that quit taming because of the boredom of dumping pets to stable.
Yet anyone that grinds taming will encounter the same issues.

I heard back in the day that it was pretty easy to get taming skills, just "training pets".
It's very hard in the new system to get a lot of skill just training.

I had next to nothing taming skills pre 2014.

It's quite easy though (if committed) to get taming skills by taming pets in the new taming system.

lol.....would be funny. The Rick Petainer....lol.

Rick

I will not do any taming on Caly because the hp of the mobs is way to small for my style of play. But i have found the puny rhino on Cyrene gives nice skill gains in taming. I am no where near your level but went from 19 - 20 in about a hr or two. Only issue i have on Cyrene is the mix of puny / weak mobs. But a mob that has 1k hp can be alot of fun to tame if you haven't tried it yet.

SpikE

Back