PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jetman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    not on caly but check the turrelion Sea wraiths out on cyrene, 10hp with 10hp regen
    Are those only to be found in the maze there? I'm on caly at the mo and had thought about those, but they are a bit too violent with their regen maybe.
    But yes, that is the sort of thing I am looking for, so that I can decide when to deliver the final blows, as it were...
    Thanks

On the comments towards DoA: she has the best grasp of statistical theory in my opinion and a few people have backed this up. It is a very simple truth that you have to be statistically relevant when doing anything repeatedly chancy. This is why it is best to try out runs with "cheap rolls of the dice", but that are still clean rolls without problems of overkill etc.

Also, very simply, I only expect a few multis per hundred mobs/clicks/drops and the rate appears to halve or so for every higher multi-type. And personally, I need about 50% of loot to be from multis in order to break even. On 100x1 ped mobs this may be about 50 peds from non-multis, plus multis of maybe 3.5, 3.5, 3.5, 3.5, 10, 10, 20.
    Additionally I see half a chance of 40 peds, a quarter of a chance at 80 peds etc, so if I am only on 90% on several runs I don't mind if every 400 mobs I get a 40-pedder.

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
    Society
    Apocalyptic
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Agreed. Its like listening to a politician speak.
    It would spur a lot of discussion and community interaction.

Cunning Haruto Rat
    Society
    fode et fuge
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGlider View Post
    In 30 rolls, I would imagine I would roll a few 6 or a few 5. So, going by the dice theory, would you expect after 30 rolls, not 1 of them would be a 5 or a 6?
    The probability of 30 rolls in a row yielding 4 or less is simply (4/6)^30=~0.00052%.

Now, EU is a bit more complex than a dice roll.
    Rodent of the Multiverse

Selling:
    under (re)construction...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Eruciva An Rimina
    Society
    Free To Lancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Antrace View Post
    i read some post last days and some players believed that faster you kill a mob better the loot is. so i think MA is referring to this timer not to the personal play time.

i think they have setted a optimal cost to kill for each mob and closer you are better the loot is (not in quantity ped, but in quality)

Just did some reading again and this part pretty much says it all on how it goes.
    "There is no inherent “kill timer” for each creature; Optimal Loot is calculated based on costs, not on time."

So there's no need to kill it fast but there's need to kill it cost effectively but on the other hand kill it as fast as one can and cost effectively seems on point and so the better the loot will be.

Did a few small runs yesterday(like 1 to 1.5 hour) on prototype bots and it went pretty well so what i wrote above seems to hold true so far

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mannanan Mac y Lir
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I wonder if MA thinks damage enhancers considered cost effective or efficient
    > For Sale: Stuff <

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Antrace Letale Very
    Society
    Freelancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Erza View Post
    Just did some reading again and this part pretty much says it all on how it goes.
    "There is no inherent “kill timer” for each creature; Optimal Loot is calculated based on costs, not on time."

So there's no need to kill it fast but there's need to kill it cost effectively but on the other hand kill it as fast as one can and cost effectively seems on point and so the better the loot will be.

Did a few small runs yesterday(like 1 to 1.5 hour) on prototype bots and it went pretty well so what i wrote above seems to hold true so far
    i agree with u, sry perhaps i didnt explain well my though
    ★Zombie Armaments & Supplies★ Weapons, Thruster, WW, ESI, and more..

Emerald L. Mall[31621, 50211, 115] Floor2 #7

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mutant Atrax Stalker
    Society
    Guess Who Academy
    Images
    sorry I skipped most of the calculations, but I couldn't help noticing that this is effectively the announcement that the loot engine considers markup when generating loot at kill time.

this admission is probably not going to help with the lucky/favored avatar theories

Elite
    Cambuurrinse
    Society
    Craft To Manufacture
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    To best achieve Optimal Loot:
    • Be sure to have the Hit Ability and Damage profession requirements maxed (10.0/10.0) on the weapon your avatar is using.
    • Avoid over-amping (using a weapon amplifier that adds more than 50% of the maximum damage of the weapon to which it is equipped).
    • Minimize healing costs and the need to interrupt damage dealing to heal.

In general, the lower the cost to kill a creature, the higher the proportion of loot composition will be Optimal Loot. There is no inherent “kill timer” for each creature; Optimal Loot is calculated based on costs, not on time.
    i been doing exacly
    • Be sure to have the Hit Ability and Damage profession requirements maxed (10.0/10.0) on the weapon your avatar is using.
    • Avoid over-amping (using a weapon amplifier that adds more than 50% of the maximum damage of the weapon to which it is equipped).
    • Minimize healing costs and the need to interrupt damage dealing to heal.

and i get 30% less return as be4
    Last edited by 711; 06-30-2017 at 10:33. Reason: Edit huge unnecessary quote

Optimal loot:
    Minimize healing costs and the need to interrupt damage dealing to heal.

Once we have finished with absolute tt payout observations, I'd be interested in optimal loot quality (or not) going by the above statement.
    It also says elsewhere there is no 'timer', so can we get some idea about how much loot quality is destroyed by healing? Is it healing costs which somehow go into the quality calculation, or also just equipping a healing tool or so?
    Otherwise I see no need for the second half of the statement if time itself is not actually considered.

Have still not decided on a mob to do a test on - I'd prefer something other than argo for this (as I want a regen mob), but I don't want something as high as atrox either. Hmm, feffoid maybe - I'd prefer lower if possible.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mannanan Mac y Lir
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Optiomal Loot

Minimize healing costs and the need to interrupt damage dealing to heal.

I wonder if MA is looking at hots from resto chips as overhealing or interuptions to damage somehow as the hots tick.
    I would hate to think I am being penalized from getting optimal loot because my hots are being considered heals while dealing damage. I use my mod resto ALL the time.
    > For Sale: Stuff <

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast