Developer-Notes #12 - Loot-2.0 Follow-Up

"Adapt or realize it's ultimately a waste of time and money anyway and just move on to something more fun."

Ironically it's the second part of that statement that MA say they tried to combat i.e. increase player retention.

However, I think your right with this loot 2.0 players are more likely to realise it's ultimately a waste of time and money to try and figure loot 2.0 and just move on to something more fun.

Seeing how well items are dropping with overamping (which is indeed nothing new like loot waves) - what does "optimal loot" actually mean? Seems like it means lower chance for items.
It is kind of silly that the ones doing the opposite of the official advise are getting benefits.
[h=2]Developer Notes #12 - Loot 2.0 Follow-Up[/h]
Optimal Loot
To best achieve Optimal Loot:
  • Avoid over-amping (using a weapon amplifier that adds more than 50% of the maximum damage of the weapon to which it is equipped).

Seeing how well items are dropping with overamping (which is indeed nothing new like loot waves) - what does "optimal loot" actually mean? Seems like it means lower chance for items.
It is kind of silly that the ones doing the opposite of the official advise are getting benefits.

hmm maybe that's why I enjoy my plp-20 with e-amp15 so much... it has disgusting efficiency.. I love it :)

[h=2]Developer Notes #12 - Loot 2.0 Follow-Up[/h]

Crafting, Resources and Economy
MindArk is working on restructuring and streamlining the item situation in Entropia Universe. This involves many changes to the crafting system and loot distribution, with the goal of reducing the number of components, resources and similar items in the universe, to ensure that the majority of items have a place within the economy.

The balance between looted and crafted items, along with items from other sources such as events, competitions, strongboxes, etc., will be improved to strike a better balance.

New blueprints will use existing components and resources as much as possible to sustain a thriving and interdependent economy between crafting, mining and hunting.

Originally Posted Here

For mining resources there is already a great improvement in MU's for sure.

Keep up the good works :)

Back