Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Norian Norian Xx
    Society
    Guess Who??
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...There is no Optimal Loot penalty for hunting creatures that are well below your avatar’s level...
    What is Avatar Level?

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    [*]The Efficiency parameter is a relatively small component in loot calculations (no more than 7% of total loot value). [*]The displayed Efficiency parameter for a given weapon does not correspond to expected overall loot return.
    I was reading this again and these two statements don't make sense together. Efficiency is a small component, but it does not correspond to overall loot return?
    Xen Shop ESI 209.50 + 76.59 | Genesis ArcSpark | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Halloween and Christmas Strongboxes | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Athenic Ring Adjusted | Artemic Ring Perfected | Hermetic Ring Augmented | Dominax Original Boiga Adjusted

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Daughter of Anarchy
    Society
    Freelancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    I was reading this again and these two statements don't make sense together. Efficiency is a small component, but it does not correspond to overall loot return?
    Once again you're overthinking it.

The two statements actually complement each other.

Efficiency is just a small component, so it doesn't give (by itself) a full image of the loot returns you should expect.

So yeah, it does affect them, but there's a lot of other (bigger) factors like your costs (ammo usage, weapon decay, armor decay, healing) that affect the loot returns, so a higher efficiency will not always yield better returns (although it would sure do if everything else is the same).
    If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do, keep moving forward.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    But yet they mentioned that cost to kill is something to not look over...

I can hear almost hear Neo saying, I know Kung-Fu!

Mark Rufen Power: I'm a conqueror & a victor in Christ Jesus.
    New To Hunting?? Learn How To Survive in Entropia Universe!!!

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DoA View Post

Efficiency is just a small component, so it doesn't give (by itself) a full image of the loot returns you should expect.

So yeah, it does affect them, but there's a lot of other (bigger) factors like your costs (ammo usage, weapon decay, armor decay, healing) that affect the loot returns, so a higher efficiency will not always yield better returns (although it would sure do if everything else is the same).
    There is no thinking required, simply responding to exactly what it says. It says "does not correspond". If efficiency mattered it should correspond, no matter how big or small a component it is.

Probably a poor choice of words.
    Xen Shop ESI 209.50 + 76.59 | Genesis ArcSpark | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Halloween and Christmas Strongboxes | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Athenic Ring Adjusted | Artemic Ring Perfected | Hermetic Ring Augmented | Dominax Original Boiga Adjusted

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Granny Rowan Render
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images

Once again you see the need to offer your opinion and expertise on a subject that you by your own admission, have little real experience of. Yet somehow you see the need to comment on the posts and re-iterate things presumably gleaned from others, or are simply your assumptions - from your personal interpretation - of the limited information provided by MA.
    May I humbly suggest that until you have the experience as a mid to high level hunter, and therefore the stats to make informed comment that you restrict yourself to reading and learning from, rather than criticising members who have played this game as opposed to the dabbling of a non-depo busybody. Your posts rarely add any real content other than the sound of your own voice.
    We are all capable of reading the info provided by MA, but how this works on the ground is as ever something only time and experience will allow us to determine. The need for thought and the sharing of information with others is therefore clearly a necessary element of that process.

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Daughter of Anarchy
    Society
    Freelancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Granny Rowan View Post
    Once again you see the need to offer your opinion and expertise on a subject that you by your own admission, have little real experience of. Yet somehow you see the need to comment on the posts and re-iterate things presumably gleaned from others, or are simply your assumptions - from your personal interpretation - of the limited information provided by MA.
    May I humbly suggest that until you have the experience as a mid to high level hunter, and therefore the stats to make informed comment that you restrict yourself to reading and learning from, rather than criticising members who have played this game as opposed to the dabbling of a non-depo busybody. Your posts rarely add any real content other than the sound of your own voice.
    We are all capable of reading the info provided by MA, but how this works on the ground is as ever something only time and experience will allow us to determine. The need for thought and the sharing of information with others is therefore clearly a necessary element of that process.
    You can obviously suggest whatever you want, but I honestly don't care about your suggestions.

Far now pretty much everything I said was confirmed by later statements from MA, so it looks like my assumptions, based on simple common sense and logic, were quite accurate, much more accurate than those of many "seasoned veterans" that even after years of hunting seem to lack some basic common sense logic; also quite a few people thanked me for them either via PMs or +rep messages.

If you don't like what I have to say, you can always choose to ignore or, if you think I'm breaking any forum rules and disrupting the discussions, report said posts. Other than that I have no intention to stop posting whatever I find useful just because you (or anyone else, or even everyone else) have a problem with this.
    If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do, keep moving forward.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Titans Of Space
    Images
    You can obviously suggest whatever you want, but I honestly don't care about your suggestions.

Far now pretty much everything I said was confirmed by later statements from MA, so it looks like my assumptions, based on simple common sense and logic, were quite accurate, much more accurate than those of many "seasoned veterans" that even after years of hunting seem to lack some basic common sense logic; also quite a few people thanked me for them either via PMs or +rep messages.

If you don't like what I have to say, you can always choose to ignore or, if you think I'm breaking any forum rules and disrupting the discussions, report said posts. Other than that I have no intention to stop posting whatever I find useful just because you (or anyone else, or even everyone else) have a problem with this.
    If you dont care about others suggestions then why should we care about your assumptions , please post your hunting stats to back up what you are saying because unless you can do this assumptions are all you have, which are a heck of a lot different in most cases to what most of the hunters are finding.

SoReal's Quad-Wing Equus Warp Services.
    Arkadia Shop : Celeste Island 2

TOS Normandie Pilot: PM me in game or in forum for flight/skilling details.

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Kovathos Kova Landrunner
    Why does there need to be some kind of magical combination of armour, healing, dps and dpp for everything you fight, in order to not get shafted in TT returns? loot 2.0 might be unfinished according to MA, but they never should of released a system that puts you into such a box.

Unfortunately for me, I don't have the time or energy to track all my data when I hunt, so I rely on the advice of others, and equipping myself as best as I can just so I can hunt and extend my minimal deposits.

Even though MA has stated everything still matters and theres new forms of compensation in loot, I can't help but wonder if I am being punished negatively because I choose to limit my hunting within a range that lets me more or less hunt naked and almost never, if at all, need to heal.

I already limit myself weapon wise to low level unlimited laser weapons with range, with SIB, that I can amp with sinkadus, a101 and a102. I mostly avoid limited weapons since markup often negates any increased efficiency over their unlimited counterparts. No point using them in those cases.

If I can kill it, shouldn't the only deciding factors on how much potential profit I can make be based on how efficiently I go about doing it?

The only other I can think of that people MIGHT be missing in loot 2.0, that the weapons different damage types may be influencing the loot somehow now, in the sense how different armour sets will react differently to enemy damage based on its protection type. Which could go along with what MA said about hunting specialization... Just a thought on how people could go about their tests too as something that's being missed. No data on it myself.

The DPP cap some people suggest could be a way for MA to balance all the different gear there is ingame now against each other, making it so people cant be TOO efficient, and allowing more of this limited gear available ingame to be spread around to other players because it isn't much worth it to have it all now. Therefore also making more players potentially happy and extending their peds?
    Last edited by Zanathos; 07-06-2017 at 17:12.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanathos View Post
    Why does there need to be some kind of magical combination of armour, healing, dps and dpp for everything you fight, in order to not get shafted in TT returns? loot 2.0 might be unfinished according to MA, but they never should of released a system that puts you into such a box.

Unfortunately for me, I don't have the time or energy to track all my data when I hunt, so I rely on the advice of others, and equipping myself as best as I can just so I can hunt and extend my minimal deposits.

Even though MA has stated everything still matters and theres new forms of compensation in loot, I can't help but wonder if I am being punished negatively because I choose to limit my hunting within a range that lets me more or less hunt naked and almost never, if at all, need to heal.

I already limit myself weapon wise to low level unlimited laser weapons with range, with SIB, that I can amp with sinkadus, a101 and a102. I mostly avoid limited weapons since markup often negates any increased efficiency over their unlimited counterparts. No point using them in those cases.

If I can kill it, shouldn't the only deciding factors on how much potential profit I can make be based on how efficiently I go about doing it?

The only other I can think of that people MIGHT be missing in loot 2.0, that the weapons different damage types may be influencing the loot somehow now, in the sense how different armour sets will react differently to enemy damage based on its protection type. Which could go along with what MA said about hunting specialization... Just a thought on how people could go about their tests too as something that's being missed. No data on it myself.
    I hate to actually say this, but I would go as far as to say hunt with more dps than you need, even if it means killing the mobs between 3-5 shots, cause at least losses will be far lower from what I have noticed so far.

So now I only hunt mobs that I can take down in a few shots, quite literally so I can get through as many as possible as quickly as possible to get those mini drops when they hot so the returns are somewhat decent.

I only mentioned this cause you are a low level type of hunter as myself, so only trying to help but how this helps others I am unable to give an answer to that other than lock n load for DPS race, kills now within 5 shots?

But definitely test out what I am saying don't just take it at face value, as what works for me might not work for you kind of thing, always test things out, always, doesn't matter who said the thing to you, always check it.

Mark Rufen Power: I'm a conqueror & a victor in Christ Jesus.
    New To Hunting?? Learn How To Survive in Entropia Universe!!!

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast