Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Antrace Letale Very
    Society
    Freelancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Developer Notes #12 - Loot 2.0 Follow-Up

..Efficiency indicates the cost-effectiveness of a weapon (or weapon attachment) in creating damage. Efficiency values range from 1-100, and higher values indicate better efficiency..[/INDENT]

A few additional points about Efficiency parameter...
    [*]The largest components by far in loot value calculations are costs, such as weapon deterioration, ammo consumption, armor deterioration, healing costs, etc.[*]The Efficiency parameter is a relatively small component in loot calculations (no more than 7% of total loot value).

Originally Posted Here
    Perhaps someone can help me to hunderstand:

1 Costs are the largest components in loot value calculations.
    2 Efficiency inticates the costs of a weapon to create damage
    3 Efficiency paramter influences no more than 7% of total loot value

If i have zero costs for healing and armor -->

1+2 = efficiency = costs = largest components in loot value

3 efficiency = 7% of total loot value

3 does not agree with 1+2

thanks
    Last edited by Antrace; 06-27-2017 at 09:29.
    ★Zombie Armaments & Supplies★ Weapons, Thruster, WW, ESI, and more..

Emerald L. Mall[31621, 50211, 115] Floor2 #7

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Daughter of Anarchy
    Society
    Freelancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Antrace View Post
    Perhaps someone can help me to hunderstand:

1 Costs are the largest components in loot value calculations.
    2 Efficiency inticates the costs of a weapon to create damage
    3 Efficiency paramter influences no more than 7% of total loot value

If i have zero costs for healing and armor -->

1+2 = efficiency = costs = largest components in loot value

3 efficiency = 7% of total loot value

3 doest not agree with 1+2

thanks
    The way I read it:

- your costs (ammo, weapon decay, armor decay, fap, etc) are compensated in loot; the more you spend to kill a mob, the higher the loot in absolute value

- still, probably the compensation is not done in full, so while by spending more money you'll get more loot in absolute value, percentwise it would be lower

example (fake number): kill a mob with a 10 PED cost and you will get 9 PED loot (90%); kill same mob with a 8 PED cost (for example by avoiding regen) and you will get 7.5 PED loot (93.75%) - 9 > 7.5, but 90% < 93.75%

- high-efficiency weapons get some bonus loot, but said bonus loot will not represent more than 7% of the total loot value, so something like the most eco hunter would get 3.5% more loot compared with the average hunter and the most careless hunter would get 3.5% less loot compared with the average hunter

And yes, efficiency is theoretically the measurement of how expensive is to deal damage (a direct reading of the old dpp), but it is a static value; in a real hunt, you have things like regen, overkill, extra costs that affect the effective cost to kill. Like use a high efficiency (dpp), but low dps weapon would allow the mob to regen a lot, so the effective cost to kill might be way higher than in the case of a lowish efficiency (dpp), but high dps weapon.
    If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do, keep moving forward.

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Benevolent 3J Afterdark
    Images
    "It is important to note that Optimal Loot only affects loot composition (what you loot), not the loot value (how much you loot)."

I'm sorry but it is blatantly obvious that the TT VALUE (how much you loot) is less when i take too long to kill a mob. So either the game is bugged or this clarification is false. Anyone with 70-80 dps, go out and kill leviathan young-mature (without fapping) and note tt value of loot. Then go and kill providers-guardians (with fapping 5-6 times) and note tt value of loot. It is less than half. This replicates on all mobs with high HP that i've tried.

The difference doesn't even have to be that much for you to notice a dramatic drop in loot value returned. For example, hunt eviscerator gen 1-2 and then hunt gen 3-4. gen 1-2 gives much higher loot value.
    Last edited by 3-J; 06-27-2017 at 10:50.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Yao-Te WildHeart Huang
    Society
    *Adopt a Newbie* Foundation
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The part of new blueprints is so stupid, it was great before the EP blueprints, it destroy the whole economy. Now mindark tried to rebuild it with series of new new new blueprints, I mean seriously why they always do the same thing multiple times but still can't make things right

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Antrace Letale Very
    Society
    Freelancer
    Quote Originally Posted by DoA View Post
    The way I read it:

- your costs (ammo, weapon decay, armor decay, fap, etc) are compensated in loot; the more you spend to kill a mob, the higher the loot in absolute value Agree

- still, probably the compensation is not done in full, so while by spending more money you'll get more loot in absolute value, percentwise it would be lower Agree (thats why in some event/competition is not so important to be eco)

example (fake number): kill a mob with a 10 PED cost and you will get 9 PED loot (90%); kill same mob with a 8 PED cost (for example by avoiding regen) and you will get 7.5 PED loot (93.75%) - 9 > 7.5, but 90% < 93.75% OK, and this is the same as pre VU

- high-efficiency weapons get some bonus loot, but said bonus loot will not represent more than 7% of the total loot value, so something like the most eco hunter would get 3.5% more loot compared with the average hunter and the most careless hunter would get 3.5% less loot compared with the average hunter i I don't know if it is a bonus or not, or if in the loot formula, cost to kill (CTK) enters in some math equation that influences the loot value less than 7% [total loot = function(x,y, CTK^f(z))].

And yes, efficiency is theoretically the measurement of how expensive is to deal damage (a direct reading of the old dpp), but it is a static value; in a real hunt, you have things like regen, overkill, extra costs that affect the effective cost to kill. Like use a high efficiency (dpp), but low dps weapon would allow the mob to regen a lot, so the effective cost to kill might be way higher than in the case of a lowish efficiency (dpp), but high dps weapon. Agree this is nothing new.
    so if i pick the
    A) A-3 Justifier Mk.II Improved Ancient: 55.9 dps - 3.281 eco
    B) DetPil V-Rex 2000, SGA Edition 55.9 dps - 2.812 eco

same damage, same time to kill and same mob hp regen, same defensive costs

with a 1000hp mob
    weapon A 3.04 ped to kill
    weapon B) 3.55
    cost B/cost A = 1.16%

so i expect that cost to kill in loot formula is not directly proportional to loot value
    is not linear, or i cant understand sentence " Efficiency paramter influences no more than 7% of total loot value"

Edit: or perhaps is capped... at that 7% ..
    ★Zombie Armaments & Supplies★ Weapons, Thruster, WW, ESI, and more..

Emerald L. Mall[31621, 50211, 115] Floor2 #7

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    Weapons that have scopes, lasers or amplifiers attached will display a modified Efficiency value (in orange).

In general, the lower the cost to kill a creature, the higher the proportion of loot composition will be Optimal Loot.
    I want these points in bold to be explained, cause to me they do not make any sense...

You say that a higher efficiency rating is best to have, and some attachments minus over-amped will improve the rating, but then you are saying regardless of the eco rating, the lower the cost the better.

Mark Rufen Power: I'm a conqueror & a victor in Christ Jesus.
    New To Hunting?? Learn How To Survive in Entropia Universe!!!

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Daughter of Anarchy
    Society
    Freelancer
    Quote Originally Posted by M Rufen Power View Post
    I want these points in bold to be explained, cause to me they do not make any sense...

You say that a higher efficiency rating is best to have, and some attachments minus over-amped will improve the rating, but then you are saying regardless of the eco rating, the lower the cost the better.
    They're two different things.

First, is calculated the loot value (in terms of TT value) and there the efficiency has a role in formula (up to 7%)

Then, once the value of the loot was determined, is calculated the composition of loot (so either optimal loot or just shrapnel); there efficiency no longer has any role and only cost to kill is taken into consideration.
    If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do, keep moving forward.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Kerawan Kerham Maddahy
    Society
    Project Y
    Images
    I am impressed by how many people skipped this line

It is important to note that Optimal Loot only affects loot composition (what you loot), not the loot value (how much you loot).

Aside from that, dear MA, when you introduce this efficiency thing can you please take a look at the parameter with the same name from mining excavators, so the descriptions would be done in same manner and would refer to the same concept?
    Last edited by Kerham; 06-27-2017 at 10:09. Reason: Had to ninja :))

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13 ... LastLast