Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    AF-RFC
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by carle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Avarage on the young-old my killcost would be 9 ped and losing 1.25 ped yields a 14% worse TT return then pre 2.0.

So either there are 14% more TT loot in a hof pile, basicly making the game totaly unplayable for the 98% since the hard grinders will pick up most hofs or MAs returns are bugged and components in ...
    Funny (or not) is that i have 14% less return tt wise so far

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Suzy
    Society
    Entropia Directory
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DoA View Post
    I assume the general concept was and still is the same: without multipliers your returns will be considerably lower than the average returns (so the multipliers can build up).

So is not about new or old loot system; in a system where you have an average and you have peaks (multipliers) you automatically must also have drops to compensate for said peaks.
    Your not taking into account the average returns. On my example, I would have needed a 250 ped global, just to break even. Another run, 500 ped if no global appears etc etc. Yea, I could get lucky and loot an uber, but it's highly unlikely, and if you do get it, it's barely covering the cost as a whole.

Ignore the peaks and lows, what we want is stability. The lows should not give barely 50% returns 90% of the time. The highs should be 95% or there about, the 5% make the globals, and should not be the 50%.
    The way your replying to every post, you think were all after over 100% tt returns, well, just to fill you in, the vast majority of us, are not. We are looking for stable returns. Comprehend?

The returns are simply not right. I'm not sure why your posting in every thread, like you know everything is hunky dory. I suggest, you get in the game, your defending to the death, and try it for yourself, also record it, so we can see what your actually getting, or stream it.
    Last edited by StarGlider; 06-27-2017 at 13:15.

Team 'We come in Pieces...' an Entropia Directory & Rangers Production.
    http://www.twitch.tv/suzy_entropia
    Suzy...

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Daughter of Anarchy
    Society
    Freelancer
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGlider View Post
    Your not taking into account the average returns. On my example, I would have needed a 250 ped global, just to break even. Another run, 500 ped if no global appears etc etc. Yea, I could get lucky and loot an uber, but it's highly unlikely, and if you do get it, it's barely covering the cost as a whole.

Ignore the peaks and lows, what we want is stability. The lows should not give barely 50% returns. The highs should be 95% or there about, the 5% make the globals, and should not be the 50%.
    The way your replying to every post, you think were all after over 100% tt returns, well, just to fill you in, the vast majority of us, are not. Were after stable returns. Comprehend?

The returns are simply not right. I'm not sure why your posting in every thread, like you know everything is hunky dory. I suggest, you get in the game, your defending to the death, and try it for yourself, also record it, so we can see what your actually getting, or stream it.
    Wow... that's quite a bit of negativity in here... but no worries, it's ok, it helps to destress.

Surprisingly for you though, I would also love more stability... actually give me a fixed 95% return rate or whatever and no variation and I'll be the happiest girl in the game since I'm not after profit, but just about making my money last as much as possible. So yeah, I'm definitely not combating you saying that we need more stability and less volatility. The problem is that this is not the current reality, so drawing conclusions about loot ups and downs after just 30 mobs is hilarious at best. Sure, the returns may be bugged, but you can't draw these conclusions based on such a small sample - is like saying a dice is rigged because after throwing it 30 times it never landed on "6".

And why posting in every thread... I already explained that a few times... I'm at work (but I don't have much to work - lol), I'm sweating in game and when #cyrene chat is dead I try to find ways to entertain me; forums are such a place... so I can say I post out of boredom. Also, at my itsy bitsy tiny level I am playing the game and tracking everything I do; if you're bored at any time feel free to read my log.
    If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do, keep moving forward.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Teiwaz Storm Ing
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DoA View Post
    I assume the general concept was and still is the same: without multipliers your returns will be considerably lower than the average returns (so the multipliers can build up).

So is not about new or old loot system; in a system where you have an average and you have peaks (multipliers) you automatically must also have drops to compensate for said peaks.
    Just stop assuming anything (or at least littering forum with your replies to almost any thread...).

Instead go and do some serious amount of hunting like some of us here did already in 'loot 2.0'.

Sweating and killing puny mobs does not make you EU expert so don't give advises and say how things work until you acquire some actual knowledge...
    good luck,
    Tei
    "Everything is the way it is because we've all agreed that's the way it is."
    - Charles de Lint, The Onion Girl

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Suzy
    Society
    Entropia Directory
    Images
    I'm not trying to be negative at you.

But you keep repeating the same over and over.

I don't care for those who think 30 mobs is not enough, 30 mobs with the loot the way it is, was 29 mobs to many in my honest opinion. And if 30 mobs is not enough to see this so called improved loot, well, tell me what is (for a high level'ish mob like Osseocollum).

Edit
    That's not to mention my other hunts that was equally dire, to many to mention.
    In fact, since this improved loot came out, my only profit was 2 ped from whipping 80 merps for the daily tokens.

Suzy...

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Daughter of Anarchy
    Society
    Freelancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Teiwaz Storm View Post
    Just stop assuming anything (or at least littering forum with your replies to almost any thread...).

Instead go and do some serious amount of hunting like some of us here did already in 'loot 2.0'.

Sweating and killing puny mobs does not make you EU expert so don't give advises and say how things work until you acquire some actual knowledge...
    Not all theories must be based on empirical evidence (although sure, it's always best when they are), most of them could be developed based on logic or common sense or observing the evidence provided by other people.

And if you feel I'm posting too much, feel free to ignore or report me; otherwise, I'm sorry, but I simply don't care if you like or dislike what or how much I'm posting. I do it for my own entertainment, not yours. No offense.
    Last edited by DoA; 06-27-2017 at 13:36.
    If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do, keep moving forward.

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Daughter of Anarchy
    Society
    Freelancer
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGlider View Post
    I don't care for those who think 30 mobs is not enough, 30 mobs with the loot the way it is, was 29 mobs to many in my honest opinion. And if 30 mobs is not enough to see this so called improved loot, well, tell me what is (for a high level'ish mob like Osseocollum.
    I repeat things because people seem to not understand them.

From a statistic POV it doesn't matter if a mob has 10 hp or 1,000,000 hp.

One mob is still one event, one roll of the dice.

If you want to have statistically relevant results you need a statistically relevant sample, and that's a number of events (in our case number of kills), no matter if we talk about 10 hp or 1,000,000 hp mobs.

Now I understand, you feel that if you spent 500 PEDs hunting fifty 10 PED mobs your observations should weight more than in the case of someone that spent 5 PEDs hunting a 10 PEC mob. Well, sadly (or not), that's simply not true.

And I don't need to play the game or shoot said mobs myself to understand this; heck I don't even need to know anything about the game... one event is still one event... it's just statistics 101... a good to take course for everyone, not just for the game.

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Suzy
    Society
    Entropia Directory
    Images
    To quote your dice roll theory.
    1 roll of the dice gives a 1 in 6 chance to win.
    So we take these 30 mobs, as a dice roll.

Roll the dice and get :

1 = Loot less than 10%
    2 = Loot less than 25%
    3 = Loot less than 50%
    4 = Loot less than 75%
    5 = Loot less than 95%
    6 = Loot more than 95% or greater.

In 30 rolls, I would imagine I would roll a few 6 or a few 5. So, going by the dice theory, would you expect after 30 rolls, not 1 of them would be a 5 or a 6?
    If your answer is no, then lets go by the other hunt's I've done, not to mention the majority of people playing.
    Is it still a no?
    If your answer is yes, then clearly something is broken in Entropia.

Edit
    If your happy spending 5 ped for an hours play, good on you. Some of us have levelled up, and do not want to shoot a gun, that makes 5 ped last an hour.

Also to re-adjust my examples of dice rolls for the statistician.
    Last edited by StarGlider; 06-27-2017 at 14:00.

Suzy...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Antrace Letale Very
    Society
    Freelancer
    to me is all clear what MA says, but "The Efficiency parameter is a relatively small component in loot calculations (no more than 7% of total loot value) "

some ppl see it like u get more loot if u have high efficiency but in max range than 7% and i dont agree;

i see it like if u are not eco you spend more to kill the same mob and you have higher loot value (up to 7%) but less overall return in %(for example says 92%).

and more i though that the new loot system would have increased the average return for 98% of players, and this means less volatility, less mobs to kill in the way that also the normal hunter (not the 6h + grinders) can do a 1h run and have a average and stable return and proportional to his own gear. But atm it doesnt look like this.
    Last edited by Antrace; 06-27-2017 at 13:53. Reason: some edit :) and correction
    ★Zombie Armaments & Supplies★ Weapons, Thruster, WW, ESI, and more..

Emerald L. Mall[31621, 50211, 115] Floor2 #7

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Divinity Deth Undefined
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Suzy i have to disagree with you on this one. Post 2.0 based on 2636 kills the avg return with 3.1 eco ( minimum healing and around 1.6% armor cost) has been 96.54% tt.

Now since all loot was logged individually if i take a sample out of it of 30 mobs consecutively, it went as low as 26.32%. There might have been lower but i just took a sample which looked lowest to me.

Also you don't need a single hof to make up for a string of bad mobs. You can easily get over it on a high wave with multiple global/hofs.

I would suggest doing 2-3k mobs, ideally if you are hesitant on how this is behaving i prefer to check with 4-5 peds/mob to see if there is actually anything wrong with the system or just plain old speculation.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 17 ... LastLast