PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 18 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 185
  1. #71
    Old Alpha DoA's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Location
    Romania
    Avatar
    Daughter of Anarchy
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGlider View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In 30 rolls, I would imagine I would roll a few 6 or a few 5. So, going by the dice theory, would you expect after 30 rolls, not 1 of them would be a 5 or a 6?
    I wouldn't expect it, but I wouldn't be surprised either.

    A certain variance over low samples is very possible.

    You can read quite a good explanations here using the chi-square statistic approach.

    If after that you'll still be convinced that you're right, I'm just giving up, because it's obvious that we're looking at things completely different.



    Quote Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Suzy i have to disagree with you on this one. Post 2.0 based on 2636 kills the avg return with 3.1 eco ( minimum healing and around 1.6% armor cost) has been 96.54% tt.

    Now since all loot was logged individually if i take a sample out of it of 30 mobs consecutively, it went as low as 26.32%. There might have been lower but i just took a sample which looked lowest to me.

    Also you don't need a single hof to make up for a string of bad mobs. You can easily get over it on a high wave with multiple global/hofs.

    I would suggest doing 2-3k mobs, ideally if you are hesitant on how this is behaving i prefer to check with 4-5 peds/mob to see if there is actually anything wrong with the system or just plain old speculation.
    That exactly.

    See, someone that, unlike me, doesn't just sweat, but actually hunts and spends money.
    If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do, keep moving forward.

  2. #72
    Slayer Xen's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2005
    Avatar
    Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Posts
    9,581
    Images
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by DoA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, that explains it very well.

    Sure, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but personally I disregard any opinion not based on a statistically relevant sample.
    LOL, such as yours?
    Xen Shop ESI 209.50 + 76.59 | Genesis ArcSpark | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Halloween and Christmas Strongboxes | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Athenic Ring Adjusted | Artemic Ring Perfected | Hermetic Ring Augmented | Dominax Original Boiga Adjusted

  3. #73
    Prowler
    Joined
    May 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Location
    UK
    Avatar
    Suzy
    Society
    Entropia Directory
    Posts
    1,180
    Images
    47
    The waves have supposedly been removed Deth.

    Higher number of kills count for nothing, if all the high end mobs are paying out roughly 50% or lower to kill.

    Do I sit down and try later, expecting the wave (which MA have said they have removed) to come?

    I'm sorry, but after 10 or so hunts since loot 2 came along, loot has got progressively worse, it's as simple as that.
    So much so I've not bothered logging back in again, just to lose some more.

    Loot 2 then, as you say, is for the people who have hour's on hand, to be able to grind, to get loot back to 95%. Not everyone can do that. Basically, your arguing the point that waves come and go, so ride along with it.
    This was supposed to have been removed, and also that loot has not improved over 1 mob, but an estimated 1 in a very large quantity of mobs. That is just BS if it is true.
    Last edited by StarGlider; 06-27-2017 at 14:13.


    Team 'We come in Pieces...' an Entropia Directory & Rangers Production.
    http://www.twitch.tv/suzy_entropia
    Suzy...

  4. #74
    Alpha Wisdom's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Avatar
    Jay Wisdom Moore
    Society
    Sancturary
    Posts
    646
    Images
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    [*]The largest components by far in loot value calculations are costs, such as weapon deterioration, ammo consumption, armor deterioration, healing costs, etc.
    Does that mean that all the efficiency rings (one of which is rumored to have sold for 350k), scopes, lasers, weapons, mod viceroy and EST armors, easter eggs, stim-X pills etc. are for naught?
    Last edited by Wisdom; 06-27-2017 at 14:17.

  5. #75
    Dominant Erza's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2015
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Avatar
    Eruciva An Rimina
    Society
    Free To Lancer
    Posts
    446
    Images
    96
    In general, the lower the cost to kill a creature, the higher the proportion of loot composition will be Optimal Loot. There is no inherent “kill timer” for each creature; Optimal Loot is calculated based on costs, not on time.



    That is nice to read MA since there is a lot of talking about having to play hours and hours before you could see any positive results and that's a no go for me

  6. #76
    Elite Divinity's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    India
    Avatar
    Divinity Deth Undefined
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    4,870
    Images
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGlider View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The waves have supposedly been removed Deth.

    Higher number of kills count for nothing, if all the mobs are paying out roughly 50% or lower to kill.

    Do I sit down and try later, expecting the wave (which MA have said they have removed) to come?

    I'm sorry, but after 10 or so hunts since loot 2 came along, loot has got progressively worse, it's as simple as that.
    So much so I've not bothered logging back in again, just to lose some more.
    Donno Suzy but from what i have read, item wave loots has been removed. That too supposedly, we will come to know for sure once the eomons come. Also the waves I am referring to is more a personal multiplier (not personal loot pool though) which i believe is what over the long run gets your avatar back to mean position from standard deviations. This wave has nothing to do with system and as such there is no need for waiting. Also this is conjecture at best on my end so i cannot really state it with any empirical evidence of my own.

    To be fair and honest, the sample even in my data is too low and could very well be a peak and things could go horribly bad going forward, which is why i am not coming to a conclusion yet.

    I'll make you an offer though, how about we agree on a 1000 mob test with me funding the loss if it is anything below 90% tt return. It would obviously be a 4-5 ped mob and perhaps i can help you with gear as well to make it more eco ( i donno what gear you are using but i am assuming its not very economic/efficient).

    Let me know if that works and i am game for the experiment . More fun to know and less lossy for me am sure then me burning up on EP IV lol

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does that mean that all the efficiency rings (one of which is rumored to have sold for 350k), scopes, lasers, weapons, mod viceroy and EST armors, easter eggs, stim-X pills etc. are for naught?
    Check selling thread At least 3 summer ring 2016 selling threads, 2 ares perf rings. Joda was trying to sell his own way before 2.0 update was made. Mabey they were know more than us?

  8. #78
    Slayer Xen's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2005
    Avatar
    Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Posts
    9,581
    Images
    393
    This post has just left me more confused than before. Maybe not being able to figure out the system is what they want...
    Xen Shop ESI 209.50 + 76.59 | Genesis ArcSpark | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Halloween and Christmas Strongboxes | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Athenic Ring Adjusted | Artemic Ring Perfected | Hermetic Ring Augmented | Dominax Original Boiga Adjusted

  9. #79
    Prowler
    Joined
    May 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Location
    UK
    Avatar
    Suzy
    Society
    Entropia Directory
    Posts
    1,180
    Images
    47
    Just rep'ed you, for an intelligent reply.

    My equipment for the Oss was

    Mod LR53 with 8 tiers of DMG enhancers and a 106, 2 laser and 1 scope (again, forget the names) (of which 3 enh broke).
    Shadow with def and eco buffs equally spread, with 5b plates.
    Adj SK80 with heal and eco enhancer's equally spread at tier 6.

    Mob was half dead by the time it reached me.

    No buffs, as I don't have the rings, but was using a 20 (I think it is) plus health ring, and a top of the line speed ring (forget the names as I rarely look at them).

    Edit
    Thanks for the offer to pay my losses over 1k ped run, but don't want to drain your ped card

    Edit 2
    Forgot about the 5b's
    Last edited by StarGlider; 06-27-2017 at 14:38.


    Team 'We come in Pieces...' an Entropia Directory & Rangers Production.
    http://www.twitch.tv/suzy_entropia
    Suzy...

  10. #80
    Old Alpha DoA's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Location
    Romania
    Avatar
    Daughter of Anarchy
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll make you an offer though, how about we agree on a 1000 mob test with me funding the loss if it is anything below 90% tt return. It would obviously be a 4-5 ped mob and perhaps i can help you with gear as well to make it more eco ( i donno what gear you are using but i am assuming its not very economic/efficient).

    Let me know if that works and i am game for the experiment . More fun to know and less lossy for me am sure then me burning up on EP IV lol
    May I benefit of the same offer? And not even a 4-5 ped mob, just a 40 pec mob (unless you would prefer a 10,000 mobs test then :P).
    If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do, keep moving forward.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 18 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook