Question: BPs drop?

DoA

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Daughter of Anarchy
Hyellow! :)

Some probably very very dumb and basic questions, but since I don't already know the answers, I thought on asking anyway; hope someone will answer. :)

1) BPs dropping while crafting are from the general BPs or planet you're crafting on specific BPs, right? So, for example, crafting on Cyrene could give me either Cyrene specific BPs or generic (Caly) BPs, but not Ark BPs, right?

2) If "1" is correct, what about Caly which, as far as I know, only has generic BPs? So they have only the generic BPs, but higher chances to get them?

3) BPs drop only from the class of BPs you're crafting, right? So by crafting weapons you'll get weapons BPs only, right?

4) BPs drop in a level range around the level you're crafting, like if you craft a level IV BP, you can get level II to level VI BPs, but not level I or level VII BPs, right?

And, finally, but I understand if no one will answer that since it may fall in the category of information "better to be kept secret because otherwise is loses its efficiency" is there any combination of planet/BPs that is more profitable than other?

The thing is I'm thinking about getting my feet wet with a bit of crafting and really have no idea where to start from. :)

Thank you in advance for your answers! :)

Cheers,
Alex

Last edited:
1) This is somewhat more complicated. For example, crafting components gets you Caly component blueprints both on Ark and Cyrene. Crafting textures gets you Caly texture blueprints on Ark but not on Cyrene. Some technician blueprints drop in crafting (which is pretty annoying), some do not.

2) It depends, too. Some Caly L blueprints are easier to obtain elsewhere.

3) Yes, and all components are one class - e.g. crafting electronic components can get you metal component blueprints.

4) Generally, plus minus three levels from what you're crafting. It is believed that in extremely rare cases plus minus four levels can drop but I haven't seen that happen in several years.

Reactions: DoA
1) This is somewhat more complicated. For example, crafting components gets you Caly component blueprints both on Ark and Cyrene. Crafting textures gets you Caly texture blueprints on Ark but not on Cyrene. Some technician blueprints drop in crafting (which is pretty annoying), some do not.

2) It depends, too. Some Caly L blueprints are easier to obtain elsewhere.

Thank you! :)

Is there any resource covering this in more details you can point me to?

Thank you! :)

Is there any resource covering this in more details you can point me to?
You are in the right section of the forum. Start reading. This forum IS your resource. L bps seem to drop a lot more than UL on most planets.

They've never been clear on the distinction - understandable since players just won't let it go - but there are both UNIVERSAL items (MA) and Calypso Items.

To my knowledge of of the calypso specific items have been (L) though since that didn't start until well after (L) was introduced.

For instance I think some of the chikara stuff had BPs. I'm not sure honestly how many actual caly BPs there have ever been. Does monria stuff count? That's a region of caly too and has it's own BPs you can't even get on calypso proper.

Reactions: DoA
Back