Should MA Allow Avatars to be sold

valentin

Elite
Society
Experia
Sir Valentin
Should MA Allow Avatars to be sold.

As it is just now, we are not Allowed to sell ours Avatar in the game even if we know that many ppl, has sold theres Avatars " with MA:s good memory ".

Ok. Officially we cant sell ours Avatars but We can always give away the avatar to another player. And then MA can rename the Avatar and change the account on the avatar.

So, the players can actually sell their Avatar out of the game in any case, then they can create a decline through their lawyers so nobody is cheated on anything and you do not violate MA's EULA.

What do you players think about this.:)

I would agree/welcome this idea if it is approved With MA and make own section in forum or somewhere else With the sold/bought ava.

Also if it will take the MA staff work to rename etc, it could be good idea if they would take some fixed rate /peds for the "job".

Only since lots of known avas sold i would agree on this. Otherwise not fan of it ...

Can a family member inherit the avatar in case of Death?

If i die (IRL) can the avatar and all it's possessions be transferred to a family member that not already have an Entropia account?

I would agree/welcome this idea if it is approved With MA and make own section in forum or somewhere else With the sold/bought ava.

+1

or something like ("sold") in front of the name for xx time (1 year ?), in tchat and on avatar,
then old friend or acquaintance knows

By formally allowing it and indeed helping in the sale of avatars MA can control this business. That is to say then there wouldn't be any illegal/underground activity in this regard. So it's better for players, MA and the game.

No, circumvents the purpose of ESI as mentioned in the previous 10 threads this year.

If you do this, you got to allow renaming avatars and all other things prohibited for the reason that avatar names is the person's reputation. Nothing should circumvent that.

If you change the name of the avatar and account at the time creates another new account ? Personally I do not see the interest of selling an avatar knowing that you can unskill, this solution just facilitates the departure with a large sum not invested in the game by someone else without tax for MA, no interest for them or for the game. can create 2 Avatar ca can be a good thing :girl:

ESIs are quite expensive and reduce the value of skills considerably.

I wouldn't allow the sell of avatars but I would like to see an easier way to sell skills in bulk.

Perhaps a direct upload/download of skills between players via a specific building would be good. In this way I could sell all my avatars skills to someone in a single transaction.

The current skill chipping process is ridiculously complicated and expensive.

I don't like the idea of being able to sell avatars directly because of reputation abuse and I think it is completely unnecessary if there was just a better way to sell all the skills.

I wouldn't allow the sell of avatars but I would like to see an easier way to sell skills in bulk.

Perhaps a direct upload/download of skills between players via a specific building would be good. In this way I could sell all my avatars skills to someone in a single transaction.

I don't like the idea of being able to sell avatars directly because of reputation abuse and I think it is completely unnecessary if there was just a better way to sell all the skills.

Yes! Something like a Skills Transfusion machine with two chairs like in the Beauty system.

Donor and receiver. MA takes a cut I guess. Slot for esis to be processed so they don't lose out and maybe an option to 'cash in' skills back to MA (with them taking a more substantial cut?).

Edit: a 'Total Recall' option in the Transfusion machine would transfer all the donor avatar's skills (less a skills percentage as part of MA's cut) to the receiver and upon completion the donor avatar would begin to super-heat and die a painful death, grimacing and over-acting until he or she is no more than a pile of white powder on the base of the Transfuser.

Last edited:

Yes please.

There should be a system in place where one player can sell or transfer his avatar to another player. Disconnect the avatar and the account. Your name, society, friends list, storage, peds, message center, settings, etc would follow you on which ever of your avatars that you are accessing the Entropia Universe through. Carried inventory would be avatar specific and would have to be moved into storage before selling. Skills, location etc would be tied directly to the avatar.

I am not one of them but over the years there have been a few players who have made a lot of PEDs buying avatars and then selling the skills or even reselling the avatar. There definitely is a market for it and because there is a market for it, MA could be making money from it. Think of auction fees on avatar sales for example.

There are a lot of reasons a person would want multiple avatars but not multiple names in game, especially if multiple avatars could be doing things simultaneously, and also quickly move from one avatar to another.

Last edited:
Make ESI sold in trade terminal and won t need to sell avatars... Plus MA will get lot of peds burned thru implants

I'm in favor of allowing it since ESI is expensive AF (probably getting worse now since items aren't dropping), and skills seem difficult and slow to sell. If I wanted to leave the game, I probably wouldn't even bother with selling my skills with the way the current system works.

The simple fix is to allow the transfer of an avatar to another email with verification from both parties -- MA could even charge a fee for this, and they love fees. The first logon forces the new account holder into the avatar generator (with forced name change). The old avatar name is kept in the system as a deleted account so the name can't be duped.

This could even provide a whole new profession... dedicated players who create and level up different "classes" of avatars for resale. You want to kickstart your EU career? Here's a pre-made avatar that's lvl 20 laser pistol and comes with some armor and whatnot. Here's another that's good at mining. And so on.

To prevent fraud, this would need to be controlled by MA. You would submit the transfer to the destination email address, and the agreed price. The recipient can logon in a temporary room and verify that the skills/inventory/etc are what was agreed. After acceptance by the recipient, funds are transfered and the account transfer completed. This could all be easily automated.

+1 any of these suggestions/questions below - there is no way to prevent it so please legalize and control it instead, it would be only fair in light of those transactions that happened with MAs blessing
there should be a realistic option of fast way to liquidate an asset that you have spent X years to acquire (be it in case of incurable disease or otherwise) - any 3 todays ubers selling out quickly with esi system would soak the esi market dry and screw up the skill price completely in process
it can be a bulk transfer indeed, where there is a loss and a transfer cost and the avatar gets destroyed in process - there can be a lot of implementations
finally it would enable many stuck in a game they hate by now to leave, which would be better for the community
Also if it will take the MA staff work to rename etc, it could be good idea if they would take some fixed rate /peds for the "job".
If i die (IRL) can the avatar and all it's possessions be transferred to a family member that not already have an Entropia account?
By formally allowing it and indeed helping in the sale of avatars MA can control this business. That is to say then there wouldn't be any illegal/underground activity in this regard. So it's better for players, MA and the game.
Donor and receiver. MA takes a cut I guess.
There should be a system in place where one player can sell or transfer his avatar to another player permanently but it causes the friends list to be wiped clean and the name of the avatar would have to change.

No, circumvents the purpose of ESI as mentioned in the previous 10 threads this year.

If you do this, you got to allow renaming avatars and all other things prohibited for the reason that avatar names is the person's reputation. Nothing should circumvent that.

That is the goal lol - to avoid ped and time expensive esi route because MA do nothing to improve it nor they enforced rules like one account - one avatar and no alts no sharing.
Opposite in many cases MA officials helped individuals to sel/buy avatars and also to rename them and in other cases they know for existence of certain alts too.
Only valid rule is that there are no rules and that MA trough time don't have consistency.

Last edited:
That is the goal lol - to avoid ped and time expensive esi route because MA do nothing to improve it nor they enforced rules like one account - one avatar and no alts no sharing.
Opposite in many cases MA officials helped individuals to sel/buy avatars and also to rename them and in other cases they know for existence of certain alts too.
Only valid rule is that there are no rules and that MA trough time don't have consistency.

Easier to make esi cheaper than implement all this stupid overhead.

There should be a system in place where one player can sell or transfer his avatar to another player permanently but it causes the friends list to be wiped clean and the name of the avatar would have to change. Or at login, you could choose which avatar you play with and no matter which you select, your friends list would be portable and so would your original name in game.

I am not one of them but over the years there have been a few players who have made a lot of PEDs buying avatars and then selling the skills or even reselling the avatar. There definitely is a market for it and because there is a market for it, MA could streamline the process and develop a fee based scenario where they could make some profit from the buying and selling of avatars. Its one of many revenue streams that MA could be capitalizing on but isn't.

In terms of selling skills in bulk, well... that is something that you have to be careful with. The current system successfully is able to balance many things and it would be easy to upset that balance. Balance is delicate.

Good post, matches my thoughts except the last paragraph about skills. There definitely is a market for it and the suggestion of wiping friends list, renaming avatar overcomes the obstacles of reputation...or could be a system similar to the current ESI except this one could be GESI Grand Empty Skill Implant. A GESI could be looted just like ESI but transfers absolutely everything about an avatar onto this GESI including attributes, skills, any hidden data from us etc. Anyone buying the GESI can then use it to consume another avatar and essentially replace or add to their own skills. This would be easy to implement as it mainly uses the existing ESI system with some updates. Food for thought...

Yes, it should be allowed, but it needs to be done with MA acting as escrow and the avatar name must be completely changed and the friends list wiped out, avatar removed from society, etc. It would be fair for them to charge a fee for this, maybe 5% with some kind of minimum.

There should be a system in place where one player can sell or transfer his avatar to another player. Disconnect the avatar and the account. Your name, society, friends list, storage, peds, message center, settings, etc would follow you on which ever of your avatars that you are accessing the Entropia Universe through. Carried inventory would be avatar specific and would have to be moved into storage before selling. Skills, location etc would be tied directly to the avatar.

I am not one of them but over the years there have been a few players who have made a lot of PEDs buying avatars and then selling the skills or even reselling the avatar. There definitely is a market for it and because there is a market for it, MA could be making money from it. Think of auction fees on avatar sales for example.

There are a lot of reasons a person would want multiple avatars but not multiple names in game, especially if multiple avatars could be doing things simultaneously, and also quickly move from one avatar to another.

I've edited and clarified some points.

Yes, it should be allowed, but it needs to be done with MA acting as escrow and the avatar name must be completely changed and the friends list wiped out, avatar removed from society, etc. It would be fair for them to charge a fee for this, maybe 5% with some kind of minimum.

1. Because mindark has a habit of implementing things completely?
2. No, because there is more development to be done than this. It takes away development power and is low priority when they could use existing mechanisms with more esis.
3. Presents a problem with withdrawals.
4. Account transfers would be ripe with fraud just as they are outside of game. To accommodate, the same 50 swedish business day window would be required and had to be in ped.

2. No, because there is more development to be done than this. It takes away development power and is low priority when they could use existing mechanisms with more esis.
4. Account transfers would be ripe with fraud just as they are outside of game. To accommodate, the same 50 swedish business day window would be required and had to be in ped.

1. It's not hard to do.

2. Again, not hard to do and shouldn't take much time, plus they are getting paid for it. ESI would have to be near tt cost to be relevant, if you massively increase drop rate of ESI to accommodate entire avatar transfer the price will plummet, not good for hunters. ESI will stil be used plenty for partial chip outs.

3. How? Bank account affiliation would be removed and new owner links his own accounts.

4. Make both parties sign a contract and money must be a wire transfer so there are no chargebacks.

A possible way it could work, and would even benefit MA.

Step 1. PM MA about it and be upfront. Both parties need to pay XXXX USD to MA and no refund, if contract is not made correctly/properly.

Step 2. Make sure to get the address of the seller/buyer in question and meet them in person, if cannot meet in person due to too far distance between, the buyer will send the contract with his/her signature (beforehand both will go over the contract and finalize it, and completely agree with it). The seller will upon verification of said document, sign the contract and make 2 copies, one for himself, one for MA, the original will be sent to buyer.

Step 3. After RL contract is signed by both parties with 3 copies with all requirements met and rules set is signed by both parties, follow step 4.

Step 4. The seller will then send one copy to the buyer, one which he/she will keep him/herself, and the final one will be sent to MA.
Whereby MA will then follow through, and make a one-time deal rename of avatar/account name for the sold avatar. If the player who bought the account already have account in-game, it will be liquidated and all TT value will be transferred to bought avatar, upon MA receiving the copy of legit contract.

No, accounts should not be able to be sold.

Perhaps instead of the traditional Christmas sale MA could allow a dozen avatars auctioned with a SB of 1 PED.

They wouldn't need to repeat that the next year.

tl;dr: the real problem here is some people having illusions about supply and demand.

You are all asking for something that requires a lot of administrative work.. various ins-outs and does not (in any way) solve the root of the issue you are trying to solve.

Multiple accounts is and has always been against the EULA.

Why create more administrative overhead to accommodate those that break the rules.

Yes, I think selling avas should be allowed and regulated. Just add a note somewhere that you can look up that says an ava has been sold, and a date. Maybe a mark over the ava's head. I also think you should be able to legally buy alts (identified as such, call them clones, or androids). And I agree that the ESI process should be simplified, but I don't think the supply should be increased.

More humanoid pets please. Reminds me of old Diablo 2 mercs.

MA babble always confuses me.

Why does the estate need to provide an inventory? All the estate wants to do is either 1, pass to someone who will continue to play, or 2, sell everything and take the money out. MA knows what's on the avatar already. For those of us that play, it changes every time we log in and do something. How is the estate going to get a current inventory of all the avatars goods if they can't log in? I must be missing something. :scratch2:

Back