What are your thoughts about owning an UL -non-sib, un-maxed after the new VU

I've been playing for 12 years now. The whole time spent skilling up and investing bit by bit to get to a point where I could profit from the game, from a high tt return plus some markup. Just when I'm about reaching that point the rug is pulled out. I shouldn't be upset? People who may have had the value of expensive items cut in half shouldn't be upset? By the way, inspiration for that came from watching more skilled and better geared players do well. If the end game isn't that great anymore, where is the inspiration? Skil up for a decade and invest thousands of dollars so you can... lose less! Woohoo!

I really don't want to sound insensitive but.... if you wasted 12 years of your life playing a game with the hope of getting to a point where you can profit a few dollars a month from it, perhaps you should have considered a better career path in life to not worry about spending $50 a month for your entertainment.

To desensitize my above statement because am sure it does come out to be a little rude, i'll try explaining. People ask me in game what my profit in EU has been. The one thing i tell them is i am not in profit, i am only stacking up my losses from a purely economical perspective. Why? Because if i was working irl instead of playing in EU, I would be earning 5-10x more for the same time spent. The keyword being "work" and "play".

Why am i here? I enjoy the game with its complexities and everything it has to offer. I too rage when loot is bad, like for instance the fact that i lost over 45k peds on EP IV ( on quantity i got 60% tt return over 1k clicks for a maxed bp and a lvl 60+ crafter--- unthinkable right) but do i blame MA for it. No, i don't come crying to the forums about my bad loot. The reason i decided to quit is also more to do with my own weakness for EP IV then any of MA's fault. They after all don't force me to click it.

To sum it up , it is not the destination which counts only, the journey matters as well. The world has changed from 12 years ago and for MA and the game to survive, only big $ numbers posted on guiness records will not bring in the gamers. People are ready to spend for entertainment, more now then before but EU needs to adapt to the changing demographics as well.

I've been playing for 12 years now. The whole time spent skilling up and investing bit by bit to get to a point where I could profit from the game, from a high tt return plus some markup. Just when I'm about reaching that point the rug is pulled out. I shouldn't be upset? People who may have had the value of expensive items cut in half shouldn't be upset? By the way, inspiration for that came from watching more skilled and better geared players do well. If the end game isn't that great anymore, where is the inspiration? Skil up for a decade and invest thousands of dollars so you can... lose less! Woohoo!

I'm still trying to realize the virtual universe dream Sayah King described to me where I have "undertaken many challenges to prosper" from "endless opportunities" to "make real money, a lot of money" " to make a fortune" "to make real money participating in a virtual universe" :wtg:

I haven't made a fortune. I haven't even made a lot of money. I did get lucky and make a bit when I sold all my stuff in 2006. But I still wanted to live that dream, so I came back. I always wanted a mod merc. I am getting close to maxing it now. I will make it even if it breaks me! I know its wishful thinking, but I want to believe it will help me get to that magic break even point someday so I can slow down my depos I have been making to skill up. I have "invested" way more money than I think a person should playing a game to just get to this point, I don't want to quit again before I potentially realize that. I will carry on as long as I can to try and get there because I am still living in the dream that video originally conjured up in my mind so many years ago. I know its speculation, I would like to believe MA would consider our "investments" in time and money and will somehow try to prevent us from loosing it all while they try to balance the game out for everyone. I dream of a situation where we could actually play for free doing what we love to do because of our investment in time and money would pay off for us, where gear and skills matter. I am skeptical, but I still have a glimmer of hope that MA does not want to kill the goose that lays their golden eggs.

I agree. Really after 10 years for me and I have to figure out how to get loot again?????? That is BS and to the guy that said he thought not many feel that way is wrong I think a lot of peeps are upset.

Its like having a job for 10 years learning all the ins and out and reach a point where you are comfortable and not getting rich but making your money last. Then one day the boss comes in and says hey noob we are changing a bunch of things about how we do business around here and you need start learning everything again, oh and BTW you don't get paid until you figure it all out. As far as I am concerned that just about the way it is. It took me quite sometime to get used to the 2010 changes.

And one other thing, how much money do you think it will cost you to "Figure it out". I bet MA P&L statement goes up a bit.

I really don't want to sound insensitive but.... if you wasted 12 years of your life playing a game with the hope of getting to a point where you can profit a few dollars a month from it, perhaps you should have considered a better career path in life to not worry about spending $50 a month for your entertainment.

To desensitize my above statement because am sure it does come out to be a little rude, i'll try explaining. People ask me in game what my profit in EU has been. The one thing i tell them is i am not in profit, i am only stacking up my losses from a purely economical perspective. Why? Because if i was working irl instead of playing in EU, I would be earning 5-10x more for the same time spent. The keyword being "work" and "play".

Why am i here? I enjoy the game with its complexities and everything it has to offer. I too rage when loot is bad, like for instance the fact that i lost over 45k peds on EP IV ( on quantity i got 60% tt return over 1k clicks for a maxed bp and a lvl 60+ crafter--- unthinkable right) but do i blame MA for it. No, i don't come crying to the forums about my bad loot. The reason i decided to quit is also more to do with my own weakness for EP IV then any of MA's fault. They after all don't force me to click it.

To sum it up , it is not the destination which counts only, the journey matters as well. The world has changed from 12 years ago and for MA and the game to survive, only big $ numbers posted on guiness records will not bring in the gamers. People are ready to spend for entertainment, more now then before but EU needs to adapt to the changing demographics as well.

Where did I say I did this full time or as my job? Nowhere. I have a business irl.

This is exactly what I am seeing majority of non sib players getting easy TT gains. Reduced loot across the board for players who hunt efficiently using SIB and easy TT losses. I think DPP now has been Nerf substantially, this new efficiency parameter only contributes to 7% to said loot? So IMK2 > rest of items in-game by only 7%? If that is not a Nerf then this loot needs a fix soon because even MA staff are saying "maxed" weapons are more beneficial than "unmaxed" for which I am seeing the opposite.

Hunting efficiently should bring better results than hunting inefficiently, not so sure about "much better" though.

I think this at most 7% difference (presumably between 0% efficiency and 100% efficiency) sounds fair enough for me; consider a base return of 92% for example... someone really efficient will still have that (and will be much happier than today since he will make his money make much longer than today), someone with an average setup (think 50-60% efficiency) would have about 95%-96% which was the average far now too and someone with top gear will maybe get to 99% or so which could easily lead to at least breaking even via markup, but not to infinite value they could cash out.

Me approves.

Or, this:

Thats super clear to me as far as intent is concerned. Basically you are doing what i have been saying for years, tighten the net. The gap between the casual gamer and the ones who make EU there lifestyle is being bridged. Very good news for most of EU. I am glad at whoever got back the reins at MA to be making such changes. A 7-15% deviation between the best and the worst is what it should be and am glad that is what we are intending to do.

I think bridging the gap between those that have the highest end gear and those do not is fine to some extent. Making more guns viable is a good thing, and offering better alternatives to people without 100k PED in their account is great. However, taking away the reward for doing your research and playing smart to make the game easier on people who just want to go out there and blast away at whatever with whatever is a pretty lame tactic.

People playing smart will still get more (up to 7% more) and also better loot than people who are not, is just that it will not be so much more.

I suspect that people playing smart will still end up quite close to breaking even and could achieve that by MU, just that they won't be able to make a living out of this and withdraw thousands every month.

Worst case scenario they will make their PEDs last waaaay longer than the inefficient people.

So if you are playing smart, by all means necessary, keep doing it... your end goals are still there (well, unless your goals were to live/profit out of EU).

So if you are playing smart, by all means necessary, keep doing it... your end goals are still there (well, unless your goals were to live/profit out of EU).

Of course, re-learn the system on lv1 mobs, hunting eco, great incentives MA! :yup:

I agree. Really after 10 years for me and I have to figure out how to get loot again?????? That is BS and to the guy that said he thought not many feel that way is wrong I think a lot of peeps are upset.

Its like having a job for 10 years learning all the ins and out and reach a point where you are comfortable and not getting rich but making your money last. Then one day the boss comes in and says hey noob we are changing a bunch of things about how we do business around here and you need start learning everything again, oh and BTW you don't get paid until you figure it all out. As far as I am concerned that just about the way it is. It took me quite sometime to get used to the 2010 changes.

What about thinking as said money as spent not invested and play for fun, not for profits?

It's a GAME, not a job after all...

Or this (boy, I hate I can't rep Divinity more, I agree with pretty much everything she says - she's my new forum model - lol):

Last edited:
Where did I say I did this full time or as my job? Nowhere. I have a business irl.

That's not what i meant m8. I do understand your frustration though.So i don't want to sound altruistic or anything but the way i see it i stay in game till i enjoy it, the day i don't i will leave it for good.

Or this (boy, I hate I can't rep Divinity more, I agree with pretty much everything she says - she's my new forum model - lol):

If Divinity is a she, he's a really ugly she. :laugh:

(no offense Divinity, i think your death mask is cool af)

What about thinking as said money as spent not invested and play for fun, not for profits?

It's a GAME, not a job after all...

People play this game for different reasons, some choose to see it just like any other MMO where they pay a little or a lot for entertainment and that's it. However this MMO has a real cash economy with official withrawals, in fact the company advertises that you can make money in the game. You don't get to decide how other people should play the game and really should keep your opinion to yourself on that matter.

People play this game for different reasons, some choose to see it just like any other MMO where they pay a little or a lot for entertainment and that's it. However this MMO has a real cash economy with official withrawals, in fact the company advertises that you can make money in the game. You don't get to decide how other people should play the game and really should keep your opinion to yourself on that matter.

Normally, I don't tell people what they should play... that's not my beeping business... everyone can choose to do what they want with their time and money...

But when I see people whining and criticizing the company I respect, that created the game I love for a decision that I totally support, then I sure feel the need to stand up for them.

Anyway... I really hope you'll manage to find your way to enjoy your adventures in Entropia Universe... and, if not, that you'll find other greener pastures to explore (and that's exactly what I did myself for one year in the moment when the game didn't felt fun anymore)... just wish that you won't become one of those sour guys that quit playing the game months or years ago, but still lurking around the forums and bitching at everything.

Last edited:
I'd say something but it's all been said already - on Page 1.

Back