Loot 2.0 5000 Scout Bot Collector XTs

Avon(AJ)Jerrix

Guardian
As a Loot 2.0 experiment, I decided to kill 5000 Scout Bot Collector XTs straight, a 30 HP mob, no other mobs, no healing, no relevant armor, although I was healed randomly by a player a couple of times. I used the TT pistol and a ZX Sinkadus, with a total 65.2% economy rating, plus imp Ares, no finisher. I'm Laser Pistoler (Hit) 34 and Ranged Laser (Dmg) 38. I didn't sell any loot or convert any shrapnel until the end.

Ammo Cost was 400.25 ped.
Decay Cost was 147.39 ped.

Total Cost was 547.63 ped.
Total TT Return was 500.25 ped.

TT loss was -47.38 ped, right around 90% return. Not good, not devastating. I probably could have improved that with a finisher, but I'd still be doing the experiment. I did get double shrapnels, so the bonus was there. No no looters or fragments. No globals, but this isn't really a globaling mob. My biggest loot was 5.79 ped.

I can't say with certainty that I saw a big TT change from before the VU, but what I did see was a definite drop in MU. This is what I ended up with:

Shrapnel 256.97
Robot Filter 118.72
Robot Component Residue 89.11
Basic Wood Extractor 5.37
Socket I Component 4.40
Low Grade Scrap 3.75
Low Grade Power Supply 3.64
Basic Cloth Extractor 3.52
Second-Rate Cloth Extractor 3.49
Low Grade Electronic Component 2.89
Tier I Component 2.30
Paint Can (Orange) 2.09
Paint Can (Steel Blue) 1.56
Basic Leather Extractor 1.09
Low Grade Motion sensor 1.00
Initiate's Laser Pistol (L) Tier 5.0 0.17
Initiate's Laser Pistol (L) Tier 2.3 0.09
Basic Targeting Chip 0.06
Summoning Totem 0.00

Before the VU, more paint and extractors dropped, and the MU partly made up the losses. In this, go ahead and count the built-in shrapnel MU, add one or two ped from the paint and extractors that did drop, say 10 ped for the three BTCs, and 3 or 4 ped for the totem, for maybe 20 ped MU.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing the results! :)

that s cause you are not 'optimal' you ended expoiting 2.75dpp weapon while the tools you had would allow way more, so no MU for you :) Each time you got double schrapnel means you could have loot an item.

that s cause you are not 'optimal' you ended expoiting 2.75dpp weapon while the tools you had would allow way more, so no MU for you :) Each time you got double schrapnel means you could have loot an item.

How can you prove this statement?

Using a weapon that does 3-6 damage per shot the average damage is 4.5 (not counting crits), therefor your average overkill will be 2.25. 2.25 overkill on a 30 hp mob is 7.5%, that's a lot. It's very hard to kill very small hp mobs economically.

Back