Votes: 61 89.7%
  • No.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Meh.

Votes: 5 7.4%

• Total voters

Avon(AJ)Jerrix

Guardian
I thought we could let MA know what we think of their recent increase in communication, since it seems they read these forums. They have been more transparent, and even answered questions. This poll isn't about the VU itself, but about the communication by MA officials. So what do you think? Good? (Yes.) Bad? (No.) Indifferent? (Whatever.) Of course, sometimes we might miss a post like this...

Let's see if I understood the question correctly.

There is no separate added "punishment" for not using a maxed weapon. The downside of using non-maxed weapons is still just a consequence of not doing the full damage potential and missing a few extra shots.

Using weapons that you do not have maxed skills for now has a considerably smaller negative impact on the "loot value" than it did in the past. Not dealing the full potential damage with each shot used to negatively affect the "loot value" returns greatly but now primarily negatively affect the "loot composition". For the "skill misses" (not evades) these still do affect your "loot value" returns negatively as they did in the past.

However as stated in the Dev notes #11
"A special hunting bonus pool will be implemented that will distribute funds from various sources, including skill misses, PVP, marketing and special events, which will improve overall loot returns for all participants." So the decay and ammo usage generated by missed attacks can sometimes find its way back to you.

With that said MindArk still always recommend using maxed out equipment for better results but the downside to not doing so is now smaller than before.

...that shows up in someone's thread to clarify something.

Last edited:
It sure is good, can't see any reason why it wouldn't be good.

For years you guys complained that MA is not communicating with the player base, now when they're doing it you're questioning if it's good or not.

Can't really understand you...

MA has done a lot of changes this year that almost completely restored my faith in humanity/MA this year, better and more straightforward and open communication was one of them.

More communication (useless info) by itself ain't good. But more of the linked quote kind of communication is great!

And I hope they keep heading in that direction.

MA has done a lot of changes this year that almost completely restored my faith in humanity/MA this year, better and more straightforward and open communication was one of them.

More communication (useless info) by itself ain't good. But more of the linked quote kind of communication is great!

And I hope they keep heading in that direction.
Communication is a two way street. Without listening, talking is useless.

One of the most landslide polls I've seen on this forum.

Communication is :thumbup:

how it felt too long:

a9c22407ec994d7e4773b99fb82618e9a1c785f175ac5ee729737a8a860d655e.jpg

how it feels atm:

28020666.jpg

:thumbup:

I like more effective communication. The people with MA stockholm syndrome (no offense to the soc) around here are so starved to hear anything from MA that they will piss themselves over any little morsel they get, no matter that it is usually just more MA babble that nobody really understands so then people spend countless hours and thread posts trying to decipher wtf MA just wrote to try and make any sense out of it which leads to more speculation and confusion, same shit different day. It tires me trying to make sense of anything they say that is important, its like trying to make sense of anything a politician would say, which is impossible, because obfuscation is their currency in trade. If they aren't going to speak plainly and give accurate transparent info, I would prefer they just stfu.

I like more effective communication. The people with MA stockholm syndrome (no offense to the soc) around here are so starved to hear anything from MA that they will piss themselves over any little morsel they get, no matter that it is usually just more MA babble that nobody really understands so then people spend countless hours and thread posts trying to decipher wtf MA just wrote to try and make any sense out of it which leads to more speculation and confusion, same shit different day. It tires me trying to make sense of anything they say that is important, its like trying to make sense of anything a politician would say, which is impossible, because obfuscation is their currency in trade. If they aren't going to speak plainly and give accurate transparent info, I would prefer they just stfu.

:wise: What he said. Though to me any communication is more helpful than no communication, the next and more important step (the step that can benefit MA) is to make that communication effective.

Back