[loot 2.0] new hunting styles and impact on (MU of) weapons

IvoL

Dominant
Society
Natural Born Killers
Peregrine IvoL Falcon
Hi all,

I've not been aable to log a lot of hrs in 2.0 myself yet, just tried to keep up to speed via the forums.
I did notice here and there remarks on how "what used to work fine" seems to work differently or not at all anymore.
It is proabably to be expected that we'll go through a somewhat turbulent period before things will calm down again and everybody knows what to expect again.

I do have a few specific questions:
I think that some people hunting "nekked" and using an adj/imp/mod resto have found that this is no longer viable.
Is that correct? Can you also see the MU on these chips drop?
I'm still working towards collecting the materials for galactica, only need too loot a few more BIO IDs - should I reconsider?

Similarly: are the "massive" market price changes that some people predicted happening? Is this the end of the world as we know it? With the exception of "the usual negativity" I didn't get this impression.

Cheers,
IvoL

I have logged a semidecent amount of hours since 2.0 and quite honestly I haven´t noticed much difference. Then again I ´m very much mid level hunting naked or small armor with adjusted resto.

The only thing i´ve noticed different is that my global count is way down and minis are way up. This hurts me since I was making up for my losses through "global refunds" on certain LAs

To answer your specific questions from my viewpoint

1. I don´t think the mu on chips will drop significantly, they seem to be almost as low as they will get in terms of TT -> chip value. These are naturally just speculations on my side but since I haven´t noticed much difference between loot 1.0 and 2.0 (or whatever they´re called) the value of the chips hold true to me, at least.

2. Whether or not you should reconsider is not really something anyone can say anything about. It´s speculative at best.

Hello,

i would not interpete too much in this new loot 2.0 thing...as they also said -> eco does matter (lowest cost to kill), maxed weapons etc....effiency covers about only 7 % of the whole loot..

The chips from galactica mission are very very good and if you are a frequent hunter then you can almost "double" your invest in 1-3 yrs..(because roi doesnt be the right therm for this)..

the adjusted chip is very effective and you also have the possibility to get the divine chip almost free additionally..

for me the price of the chips will be as stable as they are now..since the "making" of them had a specific value...

you can do many low and mid size hunting quests very eco with this setup, gain the extra skills within time..and when you are ready for the big ones you can re-check this setup and work on it...

Eddie

since armor now deflects a lot, and eventually ul armor will work like L armor if you are skilled enough for it I'd say that a lot of folks that didn't used to use armor are probably using it, especially since some of the notes from devs seem to indicate that armor decay is returned as part of the loot, and fapping slows you down. With the heal over time effects I'm not sure that it would matter much since you'll heal and do damage simultaneously... heck, those actually may get you better returns with the new system.

since armor now deflects a lot, and eventually ul armor will work like L armor if you are skilled enough for it I'd say that a lot of folks that didn't used to use armor are probably using it, especially since some of the notes from devs seem to indicate that armor decay is returned as part of the loot, and fapping slows you down. With the heal over time effects I'm not sure that it would matter much since you'll heal and do damage simultaneously... heck, those actually may get you better returns with the new system.

With average UL armour having 3000 durability and L with 10000+. If MA decide to level the durability field instead of 10k L = 3k UL.it could make L armour important. This would also affect faps even more

I'm using my adj resto & I love it.
It all depends on your hunting style..
You wonna hunt mobs that do several dmg types wich gives you a balanced dmg input, use the resto.
If you hunt mobs that do 1 or 2 dmg types like falx for example where you take hits of 100 dmg.. buy an adjusted fap w/o the heal over time.
you can also combine these 2 options..

I would def go for the adj resto.. then use it see what fap you want as backup, a HOT (mod2350/2600) or an adjusted fap with instant heals

It would take a lot of hard evidence, and not just rumor, to make me get rid of my mod resto + mod 2600 combo.

I love my hots and dots.

Reactions: das
I do have a few specific questions:
I think that some people hunting "nekked" and using an adj/imp/mod resto have found that this is no longer viable.
Is that correct? Can you also see the MU on these chips drop?
I'm still working towards collecting the materials for galactica, only need too loot a few more BIO IDs - should I reconsider?

yeah, they dropped quite a bit from 4400 to over 5k now. :laugh:
And I'm not selling mine, even for over 5k, cuz this chip is just freakin awesome and a real money saver!!

I don´t think these chips MU is affected, as the costs to get one from mission galactica are relative fix (small changes in MU of the needed resources).
It does not make sense to get one and sell below the cost to get it.

I don´t think these chips MU is affected, as the costs to get one from mission galactica are relative fix (small changes in MU of the needed resources).
It does not make sense to get one and sell below the cost to get it.

I actually enjoyed the challenge of going through the mission myself. I can tell you it took a lot of time and money to gather all the mats for a mod resto but its been totally worth it. Its one of the best items I have ever acquired. I couldn't believe people would go through all the trouble of doing the mission and sell below the tt :laugh: Either people don't value their time and money spent to create it, or they are desperate, or just bought it and therefore don't appreciate the effort it took to make, or... I have no clue why someone would do that :confused: In any case, good deal for buyer.:wtg:

Chiming in to say I also definitely recommend the adj. resto; and I still recommend hunting naked.

Yes, the new system does compensate you for armor more - but it doesn't compensate you 100%. No armor is still best armor.

I actually enjoyed the challenge of going through the mission myself. I can tell you it took a lot of time and money to gather all the mats for a mod resto but its been totally worth it. Its one of the best items I have ever acquired. I couldn't believe people would go through all the trouble of doing the mission and sell below the tt :laugh: Either people don't value their time and money spent to create it, or they are desperate, or just bought it and therefore don't appreciate the effort it took to make, or... I have no clue why someone would do that :confused: In any case, good deal for buyer.:wtg:

I think you and me are alike in that respect: I'm working to loot all mats myself, only 42 BIO IDs (IIRC) left...

Chiming in to say I also definitely recommend the adj. resto; and I still recommend hunting naked.

Yes, the new system does compensate you for armor more - but it doesn't compensate you 100%. No armor is still best armor.

nah :) i prefer EST

that heavily depends on the amount of armor decay returned in loot + the amount of heal (cost) needed to compensate for hunting naked. if heal cost > armor compensation then it would be better to wear armor

that heavily depends on the amount of armor decay returned in loot + the amount of heal (cost) needed to compensate for hunting naked. if heal cost > armor compensation then it would be better to wear armor

EST aside, since I can't buy it from the vendor anymore..

I'd like to see the case where armor decay returned in loot is > than what my mod resto costs to use nekkid.

Yes, of course that is mathematically obvious. He is specifically asking about adj. resto, which is highly economical. If he's hunting a mob in which the adj. resto cost more than armor decay he's hunting the wrong mob.

I think you and me are alike in that respect: I'm working to loot all mats myself, only 42 BIO IDs (IIRC) left...

I enjoy the challenge, I did the same with looting all the shrooms for my mod2600. I realize it would have been cheaper to buy one, but I didn't care, I was skilling up anyway, and there's always the chance for a hof along the way. I did end up buying a bunch of rad conveyers from other players because I just was not able to loot them myself and I really appreciated them selling them to me. FYI, I was doing aurli mission for a while, I noticed BIO ID drops fell off a cliff after loot 2.0, not sure what that is all about.

I enjoy the challenge, I did the same with looting all the shrooms for my mod2600. I realize it would have been cheaper to buy one, but I didn't care, I was skilling up anyway, and there's always the chance for a hof along the way. I did end up buying a bunch of rad conveyers from other players because I just was not able to loot them myself and I really appreciated them selling them to me. FYI, I was doing aurli mission for a while, I noticed BIO ID drops fell off a cliff after loot 2.0, not sure what that is all about.

I looted 8 BIO ID in a 1k PED hunt right after 2.0 but not managed to find any since on the same mob, only thing i changed was swapped to durability enhancers on Armour instead of Defense, seems strange that that might cause certain items to stop dropping, ill have to switch back and do a test.

Just wondering...
How Efficiency is explained "Efficiency indicates the cost-effectivness of a weapon (or weapon attachment) in creating damage. Efficiency values range from 1-100 and higher values indicates better efficiency. Efficiency is inherent property of an item, and thus is not affected by avatar skills,
Is that mean if i use IMKII and dont have level 100 at laser weps it still will be at 90 efficiency and just dps will be lower ?

After they release loot 2.0 instead of that text was just This economy is reached when avatar have the level to use the weapon or something like that and now is changed with the explanation above.

Just wondering...
How Efficiency is explained "Efficiency indicates the cost-effectivness of a weapon (or weapon attachment) in creating damage. Efficiency values range from 1-100 and higher values indicates better efficiency. Efficiency is inherent property of an item, and thus is not affected by avatar skills,
Is that mean if i use IMKII and dont have level 100 at laser weps it still will be at 90 efficiency and just dps will be lower ?

After they release loot 2.0 instead of that text was just This economy is reached when avatar have the level to use the weapon or something like that and now is changed with the explanation above.

Apparently skills matter skills don't matter skills matter skills don't matter skills matter skills don't matter.

Apparently skills matter skills don't matter skills matter skills don't matter skills matter skills don't matter.

yes, for you skills matter.
you are thrilled by green lines.
you must skill.

SO GET YOUR LAZY ASS OF YOUR PIANO STOOL, STUFF YOUR GUITAR AND GET BACK SKILLING NOW!!! :boxer:

Reactions: Mac
Just wondering...

It means the number displayed to you does not take into account your skills.
It's your responsibility to figure out if you have enough skills to use the item or not.

I think they tried to make things easier to understand for all the clueless noobs... and failed.
They really should improve the formula so that it shows the eco for you, and also takes into account over-amping.

Back