Using vehicles to reduce AOE?

Miners shouldn't have to kill mobs at all and a Vtol has been a great implementation of achieving that.

then they should go mine where the mobs are not located, or get off their butt and drag the mobs to a corner of the LA they want to mine, revive and go in the other direction from where the mobs are and mine... Mining in a heavy red dot area should not be something 'easy'

Can't stand the heat, get of out the kitchen. Don't like the mobs, go to a mob-free area.

then they should go mine where the mobs are not located, or get off their butt and drag the mobs to a corner of the LA they want to mine, revive and go in the other direction from where the mobs are and mine... Mining in a heavy red dot area should not be something 'easy'

Can't stand the heat, get of out the kitchen. Don't like the mobs, go to a mob-free area.
Yeah well... the new normal is Gimme stuff without any effort. I'm pretty sure that's what lot of miners really want. No hassle, no effort, not really paying any attention just mindless running around dropping bombs. Y'know, stuff your dog can do while watching a movie.

I believe they really wanted that and so they got it. With resources easily accessible to any noob there's ofc nothing to keep MU from dropping through the floor but that's too complicated for casual players to realize. Zero sum game, if it's easy it's also worthless...

Q: Can I use my Vehicle to Escape an attacking Mob?
A: <your input>

What I Think (almost) everyone consider an exploit, is if you have a spawned vehicle and you jump in and out of it like a rabbit to stop aggro (and that you are actually shooting at the mob). That is, you use the mechanism of the vehicle not to use the vehicle as a vehicle, but to change the way the mob attacks you.

Guys thanks for your efforts so far.... but I think some are missing what I'm asking....... I'm asking for more Questions to put forward so MA could answer and have posted somewhere for all to read.

let us not worry about the legality's of the questions.... leave that for MA to decide, what I want to put forward are Questions so MA can answer so as the community can benefit.

Kind Regards

PostHistory.

Hehe

Questions

1. Do you will lock account without warning to offender?
2. Do you will confiscate all on that account and perma ban owner?
3. Are you going to do the same on all players from offenders friend list?
4. When you will finally decide to ban also those who were pro vehicle cheating on forums?
5. When you going in RL lawsuit against offender?

Hehe

Questions

1. Do you will lock account without warning to offender?
2. Do you will confiscate all on that account and perma ban owner?
4. When you will finally decide to ban also those who were pro vehicle cheating on forums?

these seem to be supplementary questions.....

here let me see if I can clear this up a little more....

Q: Can I Collect up a large amount of Mobs using my car to then drop on someone in non PVP?

Q: Can I collect up a large amount of mobs using my car to then drop on someone in PVP?

something like this.....

I'm asking for more Questions to put forward so MA could answer and have posted somewhere for all to read.

One thing that's in the grey area is:

If you get overweight during a hunting or mining run, you can put stuff in vehicle inventory, spawn the vehicle and recall it to the storage, thus relieving yourself of the weight. Is this ok?

Disclosure: I don't even bother recalling the vehicle :laugh: I just leave it in the wilderness, in 10 minutes it gets sent to the storage automatically.

Q: Can I Collect up a large amount of Mobs using my car to then drop on someone in non PVP?

Q: Can I collect up a large amount of mobs using my car to then drop on someone in PVP?

something like this.....

Yes you can in both cases but you should consider consequences.
About PVP - its player versus player and not train of mobs versus victim.
It could be considered as one of tactics in war or land grab and happened in EU but repeatedly doing it is questionable even in game war.

For more specific we should look EULA and TOU....

TOU
8. !!!!!! MindArk’s Rules of Conduct

c. You cannot interfere with any other Participants ability to use and enjoy the Entropia Universe

IT mean that you don't have one or more times to train and harass for free before you break TOU but you break rules as soon you first time try.

I'm surprised why community need ask MA such obvious thing because with little common sense we can answer it by ourselves.
But yes community common sense is very strange as community consider same action (example using VTOL) in two different ways - if hunter use VTOL then is cheater but if miner use VTOL then all is fine, all glory lol.

something like this.....

Non pvp no you can't.

In PvP like the ashi rig you can mob train as it's part of pvp and this is the response i got officially from MA. They said specifically on caly and the ashi rig it's ok. Is all pvp ok and other planets not sure. They didn't say as they answered my specific question.

Non pvp no you can't.

In PvP like the ashi rig you can mob train as it's part of pvp and this is the response i got officially from MA. They said specifically on caly and the ashi rig it's ok. Is all pvp ok and other planets not sure. They didn't say as they answered my specific question.

Thanks A-bomb.... can you post up the support case ?

and then I will link those two Questions as answered..... I knew these had been answered before..... just trying to guide the discussion...

Thanks A-bomb.... can you post up the support case ?

and then I will link those two Questions as answered..... I knew these had been answered before..... just trying to guide the discussion...

Sure it was a discussion started by myself because I don't like to break the rules and it seems the rules are very unclear however usually direct questioning always makes it clear. The first response was saying it was fine to mob train in PvP so I did. I like getting some defensive skills while picking oil and causing some FUN. Then it was said by a player I was causing harassment and break the EULA which if you are in PvP repeated mob trains or repeated killing another player isn't harassment because it isn't stopping you from playing the game or enjoying it. You don't have to be in PvP at the rig. It's a choice :cool: This is of course different I am sure from space grieving preventing a player getting somewhere. So here is the final post from the discussion which makes it very clear.

2G3Kg

Never did a picture link doesn't seem to display so here is the link to it. http://imgur.com/a/2G3Kg

Last edited:
Hehe

Questions

Don't think the action of one person should effect anyone else. Don't believe in guilty by association.

Think the point of this thread is to establish what actually is vehicle cheating. To actually have some clarity on some things. My opinion is you can't cheat using a Vtol as a miner. Some of you have different Opinions then I do about gameplay and the future of gaming here. Don't think anyone should be punished for having open opinions on things that clearly aren't facts. Unless this is communist tropia

This is why I communicate with MA to try and make the game better. I offer suggestions and when in doubt about something I am doing that is in question I always make a support case to make sure my actions aren't in the wrong.

I did make a support case and link the thread to hopefully have them join the discussion here or respond to some of my questions we are trying to get clear answers too. What wasn't accepted before could be different today. Game changes and evolves constantly.

Don't think any game can RL lawsuit against someone as any games TOU or what they deem illegal actually isn't illegal in RL. Gaming policies aren't laws they are created by that gaming company. They are laws within that game but don't hold a candle as doing anything wrong in RL. You can break any game policy all day everyday and sure you can get banned from that game but never prosecuted in RL. Should the person that hacked my WoW acct to try and sell it get prosecuted in RL? It was handled in game in the world of Azeroth. Not to mention what law did they break? The thing is virtual RL laws are still being debated and will be interesting what the future hold. I got my acct back swiftly and it was handled all I care about. Virtual items and games have always been big business but the laws behind them are even more mysterious. I think by 2020 things will be very fascinating.

Back