maxing efficiency on a weapon and other questions

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
I have a Modified Fire Forge BGH 4400M tier 3 whose efficiency is rated at 71.5%. I've heard about raising the efficiency of a weapon further from even 50-60% to max.

Question, is this possible? if so how?

I know about using scopes, sights, lasers, amps and enhancers to raise efficiency. I got an amp which had a good rating around 80-90% efficiency which when applied to my weapon raised it to around 74.4%. So with that small increase it doesn't seem possible to max it.

Is the formula for how much a weapons efficiency increases/decreases when addidng another item been figured out?

Are there other ways to raise efficiency apart from using scopes/sights/lasers/amps/enhancers?

Also another totally noob question, what does EST stand for?

I've heard about raising the efficiency of a weapon further from even 50-60% to max.

Question, is this possible? if so how?
Afaik this is not possible, assuming that by "to max" you mean to 100% efficiency.

Is the formula for how much a weapons efficiency increases/decreases when addidng another item been figured out?
Yes, should be easy to find here on PCF, IIRC it looks like:
efficiency of combo = ( (efficiency_1 * decay_1) + (efficiency_2 * decay_2) ) / (decay_1 + decay_2)

Are there other ways to raise efficiency apart from using scopes/sights/lasers/amps/enhancers?
Nope - this is assuming you are aware of the fact that the displayed efficiency is that of the maxed weapon.
If you are not 10/10 in both HA and CHA for that weapon than the other way would be to skill up to the required level :tongue3:
Also another totally noob question, what does EST stand for?
Earth Shock Trooper Armor

Combined_Eco=(sum [cost(x)*eco(x)])/(sum(cost(n))

So for example imk2+a104
cost (decay plus ammo)= 15.255+3.0203
imk2 eco rating=90.4%
a104 eco rating=83.3%
(15.255*.904+3.0203*.833)/(15.255+3.0203)=89.2%

TL; DR: No, it's not possible to max it, since is not additive, but averaged.

Yay maths!! :silly2:

this is assuming you are aware of the fact that the displayed efficiency is that of the maxed weapon.
If you are not 10/10 in both HA and CHA for that weapon than the other way would be to skill up to the required level :tongue3:
:wise: This bears much repeating. If you're not 10.0/10.0 in Hit and Crit for the weapon, you're not getting its full potential out of it. The wise player keeps use of not-yet-10.0 weapons to a bare minimum (ie some prefer to spend lavishly on such pastimes as pvp).

Combined_Eco=(sum [cost(x)*eco(x)])/(sum(cost(n))

So for example imk2+a104
cost (decay plus ammo)= 15.255+3.0203
imk2 eco rating=90.4%
a104 eco rating=83.3%
(15.255*.904+3.0203*.833)/(15.255+3.0203)=89.2%

TL; DR: No, it's not possible to max it, since is not additive, but averaged.

This makes my head hurt..Maybe I should not have dropped out in 9th grade after all..

the MA Marco gun is the only weapon at 100% efficiency... the next closest is the imk2...

no it is not possible to reach 100%

the MA Marco gun is the only weapon at 100% efficiency... the next closest is the imk2...

no it is not possible to reach 100%

:laugh: Same sentiments. Now only way to increase efficiency is with the correct amp, and correct sights and scopes it would seem. Otherwise there's nothing else currently on paper you can gauge against.

Do eco enhancers actually affect the items efficiency rating, is that confirmed yet?

:laugh: Same sentiments. Now only way to increase efficiency is with the correct amp, and correct sights and scopes it would seem. Otherwise there's nothing else currently on paper you can gauge against.

Do eco enhancers actually affect the items efficiency rating, is that confirmed yet?

Eco enhancers do add 0.1% sometimes and other times efficiency bar rises but does not tick over 0.1%, so Eco enhancers maybe are 0.050% not 0.100%.

Scopes and lasser sights adds very small amount of effective efficiency, right?

Scopes and lasser sights adds very small amount of effective efficiency, right?
Extremely small, proportionally to the decay they add. For example adj ep-41+ imp a105 combo that has efficiency of 62.8% becomes 62.9% with Longreach 4 and two Bullseye 8, which are one of the best out there.

And even though decay is compensated in loot, it's not 100% and you certainly lose more in decay than you gain with the additional efficiency.

Back