Help: ZX R-Dod - Why is it 100% Efficiency?

sachi.mk2

Old Alpha
ZX R-Dod: 4% Skill Mod - 0.4 Skill Bonus - 0.0196 decay - 100% Efficiency
Bullseye 1
: 10% Skill Mod - 1.0 Skill Bonus - 0.040pec decay - 65% Efficiency
Terrus SE600
: 12% Skill Mod - 0.6 Skill Bonus - 0.030pec decay - 70% Efficiency
----------------------------------
Bullseye 2: 12% Skill Mod - 1.1 Skill Bonus - 0.050pec decay - 70% Efficiency
Bullseye 8
: 24% Skill Mod - 1.7 Skill Bonus - 0.110pec decay - 83% Efficiency

You'd expect the efficiency rating to be based upon the decay ratio to skill mod and skill bonus, but on numerous occasions it isn't. The only potential snag is I am relying on wiki for all the sight and scope decay, apart from the ZX R-Dod which I tested myself.

Last edited:
After shooting the sight over many 1000's of shots, fairly certain my decay is just about correct. Still puzzled why it is 100% efficiency. Hopefully someone can suggest something I am missing in regard to scope/sight efficiency ratings.

The way I understand efficiency rating is, the number displayed there is a ranking value. In this case it means that for what it offers, the ZX is the most efficient attachment, because of the low decay. Makes sense?

This would most likely be the result of whatever actual effect these scopes and sights add to dpp (efficiency) that the community as a whole failed to extract all these years. As neither skill mod or skill bonus would increase a weapons efficiency in any way on a maxed weapon.

Any added cost in decay to a weapon set up that does not add more damage(they don't) would/should have the effect of lowering efficiency not increasing it. So, what we see here is the tiny (and previously too small to test accurately) effect these scopes/sights have on, presumably, Hit ability (apparently at long range). As it is such a small .1% in most cases, and according to MA had its greatest effect at range, I can see why it was always so hard to test.

That's my guess :)

The way I understand efficiency rating is, the number displayed there is a ranking value. In this case it means that for what it offers, the ZX is the most efficient attachment, because of the low decay. Makes sense?

Yup that would make sense, the problem is it isn't efficient per pec:

ZX R-Dod: 4% Skill Mod - 0.4 Skill Bonus - 0.0196 decay - 100% Efficiency
Bullseye 1: 10% Skill Mod - 1.0 Skill Bonus - 0.040pec decay - 65% Efficiency
Bullseye 2: 12% Skill Mod - 1.1 Skill Bonus - 0.050pec decay - 70% Efficiency
Bullseye 8: 24% Skill Mod - 1.7 Skill Bonus - 0.110pec decay - 83% Efficiency

Each Bullseye is more efficient per pec - per skill bonus and skill mod. Weapons no matter their level are still based upon a per pec efficiency, but scope and sights appear not to be. Unless scope/sights have hidden stats.

This would most likely be the result of whatever actual effect these scopes and sights add to dpp (efficiency) that the community as a whole failed to extract all these years. As neither skill mod or skill bonus would increase a weapons efficiency in any way on a maxed weapon.

Any added cost in decay to a weapon set up that does not add more damage(they don't) would/should have the effect of lowering efficiency not increasing it. So, what we see here is the tiny (and previously too small to test accurately) effect these scopes/sights have on, presumably, Hit ability (apparently at long range). As it is such a small .1% in most cases, and according to MA had its greatest effect at range, I can see why it was always so hard to test.

That's my guess :)

Yeh, I've tried to test their effect a few times in the past with little success.

Last edited:
Unless scope/sights have hidden stats.

That is basically what I was getting at. MA has stated since a long time ago they do effect... well something at range and less effect at closer range, so there ya go, hidden stats. :)

So its likely a combination of what Evey said about the low decay and the apparent hidden stat added in... (perhaps it adds something to maxed hit rate but we cannot see it exmpl: 10.05/10.05, they could be mini accu enhancers of sorts)

That is basically what I was getting at. MA has stated since a long time ago they do effect... well something at range and less effect at closer range, so there ya go, hidden stats. :)

I was thinking perhaps some scopes/sights have a greater effect closer up, and it effects efficiency rating, but pure speculation.

Noob question - can u attach this to any gun or just the Z weapons?

webshop itemz rulez! That be why. :)

Having looked at the scopes and sights, it appears they've been assigned numbers without any identifiable formula (as yet). Certainly not related to decay or any of the visible stats (it appears some were applied with a formula and others weren't). The ZX sight is pretty inconsequential, as the best case scenario (0% weapon, 1 pec) it would raise efficiency by less than 2%.

In before the new sights and scopes with big decay and high efficiency are introduced.

Back