PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratahn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This may be true if you heal during the kill itself, but when healing between kills how it will be included in the loot when there is no loot at all?
    thats exactly my thought. i mean lets assume there are 5 mobs attacking you. your armor absorbs damage on a hit. there is a direct correlation between damage unflicting mob and armor decay. that way it can be returned (partly) in loot. but when you heal, how should the system know, to what mob it should assign the healing decay?
    my guess is that either healing is wasted completely, or that the healing decay / cost is returned (partly) via the double shrapnel loot pool

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    47 nutrageti hitman
    Society
    Silly Underground Family
    Images
    Well for a casual player yes, just buy the biggest cheapest armor you can afford add plates and never look back. If you're keeping a log of every pec, multiple sets might pay off the difference won't be big though.

Buying Vigilante Foot Guards SGA Edition Male!!! Message me!

Banned
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Formerly "Darkaruki Dorkaruki Kakiro"
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Me Really Never View Post
    thats exactly my thought. i mean lets assume there are 5 mobs attacking you. your armor absorbs damage on a hit. there is a direct correlation between damage unflicting mob and armor decay. that way it can be returned (partly) in loot. but when you heal, how should the system know, to what mob it should assign the healing decay?
    my guess is that either healing is wasted completely, or that the healing decay / cost is returned (partly) via the double shrapnel loot pool
    I think Healing is accounted for, but only when used in combat, otherwise your PEDs are just vanishing, maybe into a loot pool of some sort, maybe into Ulf's wallet, who knows.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Storm Spawn Bootcamp
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    For Every 1000 ped cycled, my armor Decay is typically around 16-25 peds. I sold my higher end and lower end armors and will do all mobs in stolen imperium.
    Stolen imperium or (adj/imp/mod) viceroy is all you need these days ( and a Nice mod EK fap or the adj regen).

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    General of the sidxx Forsaken Fallen
    Society
    Colonel - Gunslingers -
    Images
    UL supremacy + 8a sga plates were decaying about 10-15 ped an hour on old Fred no matter if big team or small team. In that same hour I can easily cycle over 2k ped of ammo with buffs running. If that's any help.
    "We sacrifice those who refuse to adapt; so that the rest of us can advance."

"Those who don't have a clue, insist they know. Those who know, stay silent and let you learn on your own."

Did a quick test - 20 bery stalkers and prowlers killed (evader 21):
    Adj Pixie + Mark 5b = 0,29 PED decay
    Viceroy + Mark 5b = 0,55 PED decay
    The test conditions weren't perfect but still looks like significant difference in favor of lesser armor+suitable plates. Of course there was little bit more healing with the lesser (understand cheaper) armor, but if the combo lesser armor + plates gives too low protection the healing expenses will overcome the armor decay difference.
    Last edited by Pratahn; 09-13-2017 at 15:37.

deflecting armour or heal+small armour?

The answer for most players: it's all the same.

Yes, using armour that deflects all damage is cheaper than hunting, say naked + using a fap, BUT since you get returned a % of decay in any case (be it synthetic ME, armour decay or fap decay), it doesn't matter much how you set it up (compared to pre 2.0 where it mattered a LOT).

Sure, if you want to have the lowest possible cost per kill to make your peds last longer, you should probably choose a combo of a healing ring and armour that soakes up most, but not all of the damage done. This way you will be taking full advantage of your regen.

It is however (imho) a bit fiddly to run around with 5-10 different armour sets that are tailored for a single mob each, so better overprotect, take that 0.5% extra turnover and turn it into loot than tieing up peds in lots of armours.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Eleria 'Orion' Starwind
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Please allow me to quote myself from here:

cost per absorbed damage point is directly and only related to durability of armor or plate.
    so the higher your armor's durability, the cheaper the absorbed damage point. armor decay cost is around ~20 DMG/pec.
    (L) armors are more economical than their (UL) variant, if their MarkUp is below 105%.

if you compare Pioneer (500 Durability) to Shadow (5000 Durability):

- the Pioneer's absolute repair bill will be lower than Shadow's, because it absorbs much less damage.
    - the relative cost per absorbed damage point will be higher than Shadow's.

- the Shadow's absolute repair bill will be higher than Pioneer's, because it absorbs much more damage.
    - the relative cost per absorbed damage point will be lower than Pioneer's.

- FAPs with 20 HP heal/pec are as good as armor.
    - FAPs with more than 20 HP heal/pec are cheaper to use than absorbing damage with armor.
    - if your FAP is worse than this, definately use your armor!
    30% OFF Markup: /wp [Calypso, 34282, 48134, 111, Genesis Star Tower B, Block B, Shop #4]
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/2/2/shaolin_leader_signatur_orion.jpg

Proud Citizen of Calypso since February 9th, 2002

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mutant Atrax Stalker
    Society
    Guess Who Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkaruki View Post
    I think Healing is accounted for, but only when used in combat, otherwise your PEDs are just vanishing, maybe into a loot pool of some sort, maybe into Ulf's wallet, who knows.
    I thought that armor decay would be just as mysterious. Even just a little bit of controlled testing has changed my mind.

Armor damage equals loot. Multipliers apply.

A few simple checks taking only armor damage have shown me that armor decay is compensated very directly.

That's a link to the post with pics and first round of conclusion.

I still plan to do several runs with no healing tool or weapon because one hunting run and a couple of one-off events don't reliably say that payback will always correlate so closely in TT, as you can see I got a 1 PED + multi during that run to come out in TT profit on my armor alone.

I have very little doubt left that you will be wasting PED with armor. I expect that armor decay is counted (nearly) pec for pec as TT input for the loot event. Returns are then subject to similar or the same modifiers as ammo used. MA may be taking a percentage for decay but it's small and would take an awfully lot of data to nail down.

Heaviest (most protective) armor = max TT input available to loot event. Of course, anything too heavy for the mob to bite through should do just fine.

The only possible reason I can see to not armor up is that it blocks skills. I have enough sets of armor that sometimes I want to look different, or match to a mob out of habit. But saving money on armor costs is like, not even a thing for me any more.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratahn View Post
    Did a quick test - 20 bery stalkers and prowlers killed (evader 21):
    Adj Pixie + Mark 5b = 0,29 PED decay
    Viceroy + Mark 5b = 0,55 PED decay
    The test conditions weren't perfect but still looks like significant difference in favor of lesser armor+suitable plates. Of course there was little bit more healing with the lesser (understand cheaper) armor, but if the combo lesser armor + plates gives too low protection the healing expenses will overcome the armor decay difference.
    It also depends on your FAP.

If you have a very efficent FAP, the healing cost can be lower than the armor decay from overprotection.

I always avoid wearing armor that gives full deflection.

Reasons:

Take advantage of natural regen
    Take advantage of ring, increased regeneration
    Occationally heal (very efficent 60 HP/pec) to gain skill, while armor does not give skills.

For hunters who own Resto chips, especially the mod ones which are extremly efficent, it does not make any sense to overprotect.

Well thats just me, others may think different

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast