Is it useless now to use lesser armors after introducing DEFLECTED hits?

thats exactly my thought. i mean lets assume there are 5 mobs attacking you. your armor absorbs damage on a hit. there is a direct correlation between damage unflicting mob and armor decay. that way it can be returned (partly) in loot. but when you heal, how should the system know, to what mob it should assign the healing decay?
my guess is that either healing is wasted completely, or that the healing decay / cost is returned (partly) via the double shrapnel loot pool

isnt it so that healing is returned in loot if you heal after a mob agro'd you?

If you heal in a shared loot setting, you will get the heal costs (partially) back if the mob attacked you, even if you did 0 dmg to the mob.

That means, NEVER heal in between mobs but heal yourself after a mob has tagged you.

isnt it so that healing is returned in loot if you heal after a mob agro'd you?

If you heal in a shared loot setting, you will get the heal costs (partially) back if the mob attacked you, even if you did 0 dmg to the mob.

That means, NEVER heal in between mobs but heal yourself after a mob has tagged you.

Isn't time also a factor now? Killspeed counts a lot as well I'd say, especially when the mob regenerates. And the overprotection works in terms of costs the same way, you get it back in the loot (well a % of it anyway). I've had the possibility to try out a rather large number of armors ingame (I own a few) and these days I almost never take the Nemesis off. It just doesn't seem to matter even when I adjusted for the max dmg of the mob (let's say switch nemesis for viceroy or mah'ketta or paladin, shogun etc)

If you guys want I can do a little test with a few armors on the same mob, let me know. You can even choose the armors : https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...r-collection&p=3604073&viewfull=1#post3604073

But really just overprotect.

Funny story;

When I first joined EU and eventually considered buying some armor plates, the info on the plates said they were very fragile. I used to worry that dropping them on armor or taking them off might break them. So I slowly dragged and dropped the plates on the armor, and prayed they wouldn't break taking them off.

Same with weapons, when it said "your item is close to breaking", I used to think if I let it go down to minimum, I'd never be able to repair it again (that the unlimited item was broken forever).

Slightly off topic, although making me smile thinking about it.

Rick

if prophet doesnt mind me quoting this rep, please allow me:

"armor decay is returned in loot, fapping also, but not mindforce ... lol"

Does this mean that mindforce healing is NOT accounted for in loot returns but normal fapping is??

*edit* for resto this doesnt really matter since it's just dead cheap, but it does matter for my back up regen chips.

not perse.

I use adjusted resto. Which still is far cheaper than armour decay.
So I NEVER overprotect.

Yes but the current effect of armor decay on TT input to the loot event is very clear. Especially if you are killing quickly, the armor decay effectively increases your loot quantity.

Of course this can be good or bad depending on the overall success of the hunt. But IMO it's worth noting.

I haven't seen anything clear about healing compensation. Now rumors of mindforce expense being discarded - just from this thread lol. I'm not rushing, but plan to be trying to capture some clear data about this soon.

Spending less continues to be spending less, of course. Never a bad idea.

i
"armor decay is returned in loot, fapping also, but not mindforce ... lol"

Does this mean that mindforce healing is NOT accounted for in loot returns but normal fapping is??

*edit* for resto this doesnt really matter since it's just dead cheap, but it does matter for my back up regen chips.

That is a simple false statement!

Did a test a min ago at shared Feffo spawn.

Just healing, no shooting and healing only with mindforce chip: generated loot for me, so mindforce healing is returned in loot aswell as FAP healing!

Just to avoid confusion. You mean stronger and weaker armors, not anything to do with armor weight

those are well-known video gaming terms, what are you talking about

Back