PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15 ... LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images

Next up on the pet&taming prereq climb: Sapphire Chirin Dragon

Next up on the prereq climb for Skill Gain - Pet&Taming: Sapphire Chirin Dragon

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images

up up the bar we go...

Taming the little bristlehogs on the hill and beach near Port Atlantis mall is how I'm working on upping these bars lately. It's almost down to a science now... 2 hits on the moccasin, then 2-4 hits on the viper whip is a tame. If I do one hit with moccasin and the rest with viper it's ok, but a bit slower.

With 2 hits on moccasin I sometimes do a bit more damage than I intended to, so switch up to a second bristlehog while the other is healing up a bit. Sometimes, that second one is a bit too much damage to so have to do a third or fourth while the others heal til I can go back and finish the tames with the viper. The viper whip is slow enough and low damage enough that they can usually heal up enough for one more hit when you rotate between em.

In that little corner at the bottom of the hill between PA mall and the beach you tend to get a bunch of em on you at once... I'm mostly using adjusted pixie without any plates for now and it seems to do the job, but I do have to typically heal up a bit if I get 5 or more of em on me at once... on or three at a time is no biggie though.

This location seems to work better than the top of the hill by Icarus since they are spread out a bit more, at least if you aren't in that corner and just staying there all of the time... I think the spawn's center spot is right there in that little corner and the gravity from the hill pushes em down the hill so that's why they gang up on you down there. On top of the hill or closer to the rocks on the beach they are more one at a time... but you kinda want to keep at least two close by so you have something to whip if you need one of em to heal a bit before you attempt tame.

Loot on these little guys isn't that great, but based on my other hunting and threads I'm reading here in forums, most loot is not so hot post Loot 2.0... However, there does appear to still be a few nice little 'waves' of loot where good stuff rolls in every so often, typically around the time that the pre Loot 2.0 waves would, but skewed on the timer by about 5-10 minutes... It might just be the 'extra shrapnel' I'm seeing, but it's nice when it happens... 4 ped on these little guys every now and then is a nice little bit considering how much decay I'm taking on the whips. Might be the extra decay on armor that's adding in to make that happen? If I keep doing this the adjusted pixie is gonna need an upgrade on the tiers again across the board for almost the entire set.

If I was using the UL augmented taming ring I'd probably be getting faster successes, and if I was using my UL augmented health ring I'd probably not have to fap so much, but for the moment I've got no plans to take off the L athenic and L ares ring a society mate got me a while back since those little extra buffs are nice when I jump over to do the iron missions...

I keep hopping between the taming stuff and the irons, basically just doing an hour of iron when I know I'll have over an hour to dedicate to it as I'm using pill buffs to help with that to increase skilling speed on that side of things. As mentioned already, puny iron was just completed (but the bone mission isn't yet from that so may need to buy some if anyone is selling cheap). Now working on the 5k foul mission.

I'm using Drakes near Treasure Island to do the foul mission, but feel like I'm wasting the pill buffs on it since they are so spread out here. A few years back I would have tried EOS, but it looks like these days foul aren't over there any more. Anyone have a good suggestion on a nice low level spawn of foul that might not be taxed, is near a tp, and isn't mixed in with a bunch of other mob types? I'm mainly using unplated musca adjusted for the foul hunts, so need a spawn that is suitable for that level of armor. For weapons I've started using Ozpyn Chon S1X1 more since it's range is fairly close to what the loot pills offer, so I'm not having to run all over the place to get the loot when I've got the loot pill turned on to up the prereq on the Oratan Axe Pet.
    Last edited by mastermesh; 08-19-2017 at 04:23.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    Blog Entries
    Images

Sasha

Sasha:

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    Blog Entries
    Images
    tweaked the blueprint list a little with some changes and updates... that is a time consuming and mentally challenging thing to do... not too serious about the crafting side of things at the moment, but starting to track it all here in the forums so I can easily figure out what I need, etc. as it's sometimes confusing if you just use in game info.

Slowly starting to more or less take stock of what I got in game on that front and some of the first posts here in this thread... going to probably make take full inventory list and organize it, figuring out what needs to go where as far as distributing it all to the different apartments on each planet, etc. soon... time consuming figuring this crap out when more than one planet is involved and your inventory has over 2.5k items in it.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    Blog Entries
    Images
    after an hour or two of bery hunting TTed the muscle oil and shrapnel and now the boxer, axe, and atrox are fully fed again.

Got to figure out a cheaper way of getting nutrio... over 200% just for pet food is kinda crazy.

Working on the 3k bery mission now. a few hundred in. South of the hangers near corinth is amazing spawn for hunting bery. Glad I didn't try to do this mission before they put all of that in place.
    Last edited by mastermesh; 08-25-2017 at 02:59.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    Blog Entries
    Images

39.3%...

slowly moving up...

still wish Mindark would allow us to change colors on these screens... that color scheme is very hard to read for us partially color blind folks. Yellow on black or something would be much easier...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    Blog Entries
    Images

73.8% on the autoloot prereq

oratan axe passive: auto loot 73.8%

This one is still a very slow progress... each auto loot pill popped only ups the bar by .3% roughly. I'm using the pills to do combine with other buff items I've got through the webshop boxes the last few months and am grindng out these irons one at a time. about a third of the way through the 3k berycled iron mission in the last 2 hours of buff pills doing this.

lets do some math...
    100-73.8=26.2

26.2x3=78.6, so what is that roughly 79 more actual in game hours to get this criteria bar completed... I probably should just activate a pill and go to bed irl, but since I'm burning the pills and need to up some skill levels for a few of the weapons I have in inventory to get in SIB range I suppose I'll keep doing it the hard way... Just hard to do when most of the time I log in for more than an hour at a time are all either on the weekends, when no household chores need to be done, or when I've got insomnia like tonight... then it's hard since what would normally be a 20 minute log in turns in to an hour and a half log in since I just keep shooting til all the red dots in the radar are gone or pill buffs wear off, whichever comes quicker.

May have to 'take a break' a couple of weekends since Netflix's Defenders just came out... that's 13 hours or so I don't want to be watching two screens at the same time since I'll miss something if I do.

The 'roll' action on the oratan axe doesn't seem to require as much time for him to recover from as the left right combo requires the boxer to have... in that regard, I think the axe is actually a 'better pet' even though I kind of like the buffs on the boxer a bit more... well, sort of...

I'm not sure if it's the action itself or the difference in metabolic rate that makes the difference. The boxer's left right combo usually drops him down a little over 10% in focus. The roll on axe just drops him a few points.

Eating all of these loot pills, I'm getting used to this lazy way of hunting. When I do finally get the passives unlocked, the axe may become my hunting buddy and the boxer my little run around everywhere else in between nunts pal?... unless I'm hunting way above my level and need that decrease crit buff?
    Last edited by mastermesh; 08-25-2017 at 07:16.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Re-arranged the apartment a little bit today... removed one of the L-quents and a few oddball items to make room for the Logs, and pets. Boxer, Oratan Axe, Atrox, and Saphire Chirin are still accompanying me in my hunting and taming quests at the moment, so you won't see those little guys in the apartment, but the rest of the zoo is over there for now. Apartment location on Calypso is Sakura City, Yuujou Condos, Apartment 17 H.

Defenders still hasn't been watched yet. Spent this weekend doing some fun things with the family. If you have kids, and are in the Midwest, check out the City Museum in St. Louis sometime. It's awesome!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    Blog Entries
    Images

84.3%...

84.3% up the prereq bar now... getting there slowly but surely...
    Sapphire Chirin Dragon:

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    Blog Entries
    Images

74.2% autoloot

Raising the prereq bar on the autoloot ever so slowly... now up to 74.2% for this Oratan Axe

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15 ... LastLast