Maria's Endeavors

Pygmy Kong

Pygmy Kong
entropia_2017-09-11_23.49.22.jpg

entropia_2017-09-11_23.49.28.jpg

entropia_2017-09-11_23.49.31.jpg

Sasha's Pet Focus - Increase Generation Prereq Completed!

entropia_2017-09-12_23.19.15.jpg

Sasha's Pet Focus - Increase Generation Prereq is Completed!

That was really almost 'too easy' to complete, especially vs other prereq bars like the Axe's autoloot bar... Just do greet and dance or 'normally skill' the critter and it unlocks in no time flat. Didn't even have to be above level 1.

Since that was so easy, I might try upping level that bar on some of the other critters with it in the near future.

entropia_2017-09-12_23.19.19.jpg

A little under halfway up the Skill Gain - Pet and Taming bar too.
entropia_2017-09-12_23.19.24.jpg

Last edited:
Sasha's up to level 2!

Sasha made it to level 2! :)
entropia_2017-09-18_00.13.54.jpg

entropia_2017-09-18_00.15.52.jpg

entropia_2017-09-18_00.15.59.jpg

entropia_2017-09-18_00.16.02.jpg

Atrox pet is up to level 8!

Up we go to level 8 for this little Atrox...
entropia_2017-09-18_10.58.45.jpg

entropia_2017-09-18_10.58.49.jpg

Sasha's Pet Focus - Pet & Taming Prereq Completed!

entropia_2017-09-18_11.39.45.jpg

entropia_2017-09-18_11.39.30.jpg

entropia_2017-09-18_11.39.20.jpg

Next up - Cooper

Cooper's the next critter to up taming prereq on til complete!

Cooper's Pet Focus - Decrease Regeneration complete!

Decrease Regeneration Prereq on Cooper Completed!
entropia_2017-09-18_12.11.16.jpg

This was easiest prereq I've done so far... Simply fed the little critter to unlock it. Didn't even have to fully feed him. Energy Food bar is at 87% and it is unlocked.

inching my way up...

still got quite a ways to go before I can start using the Boiga regularly... but we are slowly getting there inch by inch... don't wanna use it much before I at least get in to the sib
entropia_2017-09-23_23.53.21.jpg

Coopers Skill Gain - Pet and Taming prereq bar is heading up...

Cooper's Skill Gain - Pet and Taming prereq bar is at 78.3% currently...
entropia_2017-09-23_23.54.30.jpg

probably around 65 or so more tames to go til that's at 100%... probably will get to it this weekend or later next week.

Updated first post by bolding a few of the best passives, etc. I'll probably stick with Oratan Axe and Boxer as my main pets after I get the prereq bar criteria unlocked on the skill gain pet and taming for all of the pets I have in the zoo... Not sure I'll actually go through with upping all of them to the level to actually unlock the passives, but may eventually? We'll see. Got a few more loot pills in a strongbox deposit tonight, so may take the axe out for some more bery hunts soon.

Last edited:
Oratan Axe made it to level 11!

Oratan Axe made it to level 11!
entropia_2017-09-27_04.40.55.jpg

entropia_2017-09-27_04.41.07.jpg

entropia_2017-09-27_04.41.09.jpg

Cooper's prereqs criteria completed!

Cooper's Passive Prereq Criteria is now complete.
entropia_2017-09-27_05.08.47.jpg

entropia_2017-09-27_05.08.36.jpg

entropia_2017-09-27_05.08.38.jpg

up up the bar we go...

Lai Tung Pai Skill Gain - Pet & Taming Prerequisite Criteria: 23%
entropia_2017-09-27_23.32.35.jpg

contemplating upping the bar on some of the easy to train critters, but not sure on this since the passives on them is so low... may wait for that til I get the others up there first?... Will make it seem easy after doing all these hard ones I suppose? There is a major difference in how long it takes each critter's focus to get up to 100% or 99% with the various tricks... so far left right combo on boxer seems to take the longest to come back up, but I suspect it also gives most experience. Haven't really paid a lot of attention to how much exp each gives, but see that some others in forum have done those types of tests...

I suspect that eventually Mindark is going to continue to tweak things, so make certain objectives harder and others easier over time?... ah, speculation...

I've still had some thoughts in the back of my head about moving to other planets, but since many of the critters can't be exported til they reach a certain level, I suspect I'll be on Calypso for a long while til that goal is reached (well, may move a while around Halloween or Xmas to collect the freebie yearly gifts, but we'll see... may give up on that endeavor?... but maybe not... kinda depends on how many item slots will still be left in apartments after the zoo eats em up.)

As far as the bristlehogs go, the 'corner' by the beach near PA mall is interesting. On the little island by the tree, that corner is where they congegrate. I suspect the spawn point is in the center of the hill there, but most of them migrate down the hill towards the tree, so if you stay on the outside edges of the beach or top level of the hill, you can easily do one critter at a time... near the bottom of the hill you easily get swarmed with about 5 at a time, and more show up every half minute or so. I'm usually taking on 2-3 at a time so that I can let the health bars repair enough to attempt tames easily... The viper's low damage and low attack per minute speed means you can hit one mob with it, turn around to the other, hit it, and by the time you are back to the first one they have had time to heal enough to take another hit usually.

I could probably go tame the hell out of the critters north of Archipeligo, but choose not to at the moment since I don't like the fact that the revive there is so far from a tp... (well that, and I'm a bit of a 'mall rat' so hanging out near the mall just makes sense to my avatar, lol)... probably more skills per mob there, but if I'm just juicing them anyways, doing lowest cost to kill taming mob seems the way to go, especially since upping the prereq bar is set at a specific rate per mob... Also the slow old viper whip forces me in to a lower cost per hour than taming there would be. Typically at the moment I'm using the cobra for first hit, and then viper to finish up the tame. I sometimes use moccasin too, but it's low max tt value makes it not work too well vs the higher tt value of the viper or cobra... has to be repaired a lot more often. (someday, when I get around to it I'll repair this old embra c1 with it's high tt value and go for some extended hunts somewhere for a while. Mindark if you are reading this, please introduce some way in game to upgrade these to the adjusted version since as far as I know at the moment there's no way to do that even though the regular and adjusted version both exist in game...)

Rifi Mentor Edition Armor seems to work fairly well for these little guys. It is likely overprotection, but in some ways it seems to be holding up better than the adjusted pixie was... Probably since the pixie needed a repair I'm guessing? Wonder when Mindark will make the skill level thing on armor go in game?

Last edited:
testing...

right left combo takes boxer from
13763 xp
to 13786 xp
or 23 xp points for one trick

and a second one to test takes him from
13790 xp
to 13813 xp
or 23 xp for verification on this one...

Roll takes Oratan Axe from
to 16889
or 15 xp points for one trick

Dance takes Sasha from
612 xp
to 615 xp
or 3 xp points for one trick

Dance takes Cooper from
2453 xp
to 2456 xp
or 3 xp for one trick...

so there you have it... trick with highest trick if you want xp... but be sure to let focus go up to 99 or 100 before you do it. Didn't try to count the tt value, etc. but I think each trick uses same amount of nutrio regardless of how much xp it gives.

not going to chec trick yet, but may someday...
what's interesting though is that axe has 4 tricks: greet, dance, row, bow, and roll

boxer has 5: greet, dance skip rope, one arm pushup, and left right combo

I think boxer has 5 since he started out unlocked on the prereq bars? Not sure what level axe has to be to get a 5th?

Last edited:
Lai Tung Pai prereq bar for taming complete!

Lai Tun Pai's Prereq bar for Skill Gain - Pet & Taming is now complete!
entropia_2017-10-01_22.16.39.jpg

note to self... DON'T FEED THE PETS UNLESS YOU HAVE ENOUGH NUTRIO TO FULLY FEED EM. Couldn't ever get this little guy out of Sad mode since I only had enough nutrio to feed him up to 47%, so didn't get to do any tricks while working on upping this prereq bar for him.

Going forward, at least for the next little while I'll probably just feed the ones I'm really working on upping the levels on instead of the full zoo but will still continue unlocking the prereq bars on the full zoo at least for skill gain pet & taming. (Oratan, and Axe are the main critters, Atrox, Sasha, and Cooper will likely go up in levels too eventually)

If I move back to Rocktropia for a while I'll work on the kong... not in a big rush to do that though... thought about doing it around Halloween for the 'freebies' but the cost of the trip, and the fact that all of the pets won't be exportable to other planets by then likely makes me think twice about this... got a full zoo to look after now instead of just my own little avatar... so We'll see.

Side note - now level 14 tamer! :)

Last edited:
next up - Eudorian Ruby Devil Pet

Eudorian Ruby Devil Pet
entropia_2017-10-01_22.39.47.jpg

entropia_2017-10-01_22.39.52.jpg

entropia_2017-10-01_22.39.59.jpg

Redecorating...

Alpha core card collection and POVR collection have been relocated to Arkadia (temporarily for the POVR collection?)... Now beginning the lengthy process of redecorating the apartment here. Others will follow shortly.

entropia_2017-10-02_14.31.05.jpg

entropia_2017-10-02_14.30.25.jpg

Apartment is Arkadia: Celeste South: Building 8, Floor 5
From the Celeste Harbour South TP go to the first building you see (Enhancer Street Shop is downstairs) and take the televator on up to level 5..

tilted most of the alpha cards a bit more so they are more easy to see from avatar's perspective in first person. Still have a few more to do to finish em up. Lining things up manually in game is hard when you have to line up 30 or so of em, lol (especially when the walls of the apartments on Ark aren't exactly at 90 degree angles)

spent a bit of time working on placing items tonight...

Blew a few hours tonight moving stuff around in the apartment.

Arkadia: Celeste South: Building 8, Floor 5
From the Celeste Harbour South TP go to the first building you see (Enhancer Street is downstairs) and take the televator on up to level 5.

Duchev Logs are on main floor near the front door.
Other Logs are over on the wall by the alpha cards.
Christmas Collection is opposite that.
Upstairs is where the Halloween Collection is going.
Over by the window is where the Valentine's Collection is going.
Poster/Art is kind of wherever there is a bare wall somewhere at the moment.

I likely will re-organize it more at some point in the future, but this is a pretty good start for now.

Happy viewing.

Last edited:
May eventually rearrange cards in to a tarot formation...

May move the Xmas stuff to over where the cards are if I do that and put the cards over in that corner since the Xmas corner is a bit crowded looking at the moment, but not likely to happen any time too soon since it takes quite a while to place the cards since there's so many of them...

May stack second xmas tree on top of the first, or use the tomtebloss to add new lights to the tree as I did previously back on Rock, but we'll see. Wish there was some way to flip the tree upside down completely to have the stars from each of them touching and part of the bulk of the trees flipped vertically, but not sure that's doable, or at least if it is some furniture glitching ninja's going to have to teach me that trick since that's one I haven't figure out yet.

Last edited:
Second tree now stacked

night pics

This place looks a lot better at night due to all of the glowing posters, party lights, tomtebloss, etc.

Even figured out how to get the party lights out by the televator... (can't see em by the televator, of course, but you can in the entryway leading out there. Really wish Mindark would change how apartments do that since it sucks in the stuff near walls in to some invisible space unless the item is really, really, really close to the doorway itself. Similar type instancing thing happens at most service centers, which is why you sometimes can see pets stuck at the door way since there's a spot they can't cross between main door and where the terminals are)
entropia_2017-10-04_22.32.33.jpg

entropia_2017-10-04_22.31.59.jpg

entropia_2017-10-04_22.31.47.jpg

Not sure what I'm doing over there in the corner really... kinda looks cheesy, lol. Was hoping the torch wouldn't light up the floor like it does... may have to remove that stuff. The totem in the corner trick is nice way to add some visual breaking up of the space in apartments I've found... If the Halloween stuff wasn't up here and I wasn't looking to make it slightly dark in that area I'd light it up with a light behind the totem like I did back on Calypso a while back...
entropia_2017-10-04_22.31.24.jpg

entropia_2017-10-04_22.30.59.jpg

Torch in this guy's hand almost lines up just right. Still haven't gotten the fireworks to line up perfectly, but it's tolerable so they'll stay put for now.
entropia_2017-10-04_22.30.46.jpg

Really like the way the stairs look... but may need to move that little zombie since he's barely visible there and you just sort of miss him... Some little glowy thing may highlight his outline, but not sure what yet?
entropia_2017-10-04_22.30.35.jpg

Did you know that paper on Calypso doesn't have a back side. It's funny how many times Mindark uses single sided polys instead of double sided ones in various items that go in to estates. Wish they made em all double sided... makes it too easy to get avatar's stuck inside of the item from the back side due to item not having a concave hull.
entropia_2017-10-04_22.30.20.jpg

Probably need to swap the zyn item the opposite direction of this pic since that cast shadow probably needs to be heading in the other direction away from the sword instead of towards it?.. but not sure... adds to the chiaroscuro effect I guess?
entropia_2017-10-04_22.30.07.jpg

Had to add the flag since she's got the mask... also it adds a bit more detail to that blank area on the wall's visual lines, and moves the eye a bit around since the green of hat and red of flag sort of are complimentary
entropia_2017-10-04_22.29.46.jpg

The double tree stack does make it look nice and tall, but sort of cheesy since it's such a weird hourglass type shape towards the upper middle... May try to move some of the tomtebloss in that area to lessen that, but not sure on that yet since item points are one point away from maxed at the moment... Almost got this to the traditional 'Maria's place' type of interior design.

I'll likely keep this stuff here and head back to other planets to place some other items in some other estates over time, but we'll see. Planet hopping around Halloween and Xmas for the freebie gifts is probably something I need to do, but not sure if I will or not this year since my time online is kinda limited...

Middle part of the apartment still seems somewhat bare, but that's probably since I usually focus on the walls first and the middle section later... slowly working it out, etc. Hard to do that in this tiny apartment (even if it was an upgraded estate with extra item points... still no idea why Mindark can't just make all apartments have 500 item points minimum... or at least 300)

Last edited:
If anyone wants to buy the full collection of all of the alpha cards, that's doable IF you can get me the apartment deed for one of The U Floor 1 apartments on Rocktropia in exchange for em... ;) (already got 2 up there, looking to expand)

Nusul's and Pandi are up...

Since I'm on Arkadia at the moment I'll work on upping the bars on Nusul and maybe Pandi (not sure about Pandi since he's not exportable)

Thus begins again "Maria's travels around the Planets to tame things" Quest.

Nusul's Prereq unlocked

entropia_2017-10-06_17.44.13.jpg

entropia_2017-10-06_17.44.03.jpg

Holy Smokes!

Wow. This pandi's unlock is going to come fast... Jumped from 13.3% to 20% on prereq bar with one tame. Seems that 'EASY' mobs have been made very easy! :)

Next one jumped it up to 26.7 so looks like it's going up 6.7 per tame.

Back