Anyone tired of getting "Stuck" on a mob when using select next target ?

Anyone tired of getting "Stuck" on a mob when using select next target ?

• No it gives me time to pick my nose

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Yes I would love to see this fixed

Votes: 20 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I am so tired of getting stuck. It is about the most irritating thing in this game.

I am so tired of getting stuck. It is about the most irritating thing in this game.

Develop a habit of pressing 'x' or 'down arrow' after each mob. It's silly but harmless, and helps a lot with this issue.

Develop a habit of pressing 'x' or 'down arrow' after each mob. It's silly but harmless, and helps a lot with this issue.
Stop auto fire seems to work also.

But why should we have to do that when all MA needs to do is make the mob disappear when it is looted, unless it has something to do with the loot pill.

In the VU notes MA said a bunch of players what this and they said "We heard ya". I did a thread about it and not one player said they asked for that feature.

I tap next target key, if its stuck, I tap "w" and then autofire and it takes off to the next target. What is more annoying for me is , next target is usually a 180 and off to the other side of the map, or somebody else's half dead mob they are shooting and they go "wtf???" when I pull their mob, then I have to say sorry next target fail, instead of the mob standing next to me, I then have to select myself and next target and that usually resolves it, but then I've wasted time running around in circles. :laugh:

I tap next target key, if its stuck, I tap "w" and then autofire and it takes off to the next target. What is more annoying for me is , next target is usually a 180 and off to the other side of the map, or somebody else's half dead mob they are shooting and they go "wtf???" when I pull their mob, then I have to say sorry next target fail, instead of the mob standing next to me, I then have to select myself and next target and that usually resolves it, but then I've wasted time running around in circles. :laugh:

Yep the 180 thing happens to me all the time also. I have the select target key I point at the ground click it and that clears the current target and it resets the select next target so I get the closes one usually. Worse it when someone does not collect their dead, you have to cycle through all the dead or run far away before you can get a live target.

Run a few feet to start it again

Run a few feet to start it again

I do that also but why should we have to do that ? MA fixed something was not broken and as far as I am concerned made it worse for all of us, don't you think ?

What's the point of next target - never thought of using it. Am I missing something here?

Yep the 180 thing happens to me all the time also. I have the select target key I point at the ground click it and that clears the current target and it resets the select next target so I get the closes one usually. Worse it when someone does not collect their dead, you have to cycle through all the dead or run far away before you can get a live target.
That same fix allows me to target those newly spawned mobs that are right next to me. If I don't click the ground first, select next target will select a mob about 5 mobs away from me and ignore 2 or 3 newly spawned mobs that are preparing to attack me, as if I didn't see them when they're right in my face. And select next target does love to select someone else's mob even when it's nowhere near me.

What's the point of next target - never thought of using it. Am I missing something here?
Select next target beats the hell out of clicking a broken target box 20 or 30 times before the click registers as being on the box.

It helps me so I can watch youtube videos on my other pc while my avatar grinds away :laugh:

Same thing I do. But it's just really annoying when I've ceased fire, targeted the next mob, and my avatar keeps trying to reach the position of the corpse I just looted. X or down arrow works, but it's not an endearing feature of the game. /angryrant

And if the selected target is not in front of me, my avatar turns its back and walks backwards toward it, ensuring it hits me at least twice before I turn around to engage it. Solution: move manually. And select next target ignores any and all red dots my avatar doesn't have a clear line of sight to, including the ones behind a rock almost on top of me that I saw long ago on my radar and had planned to attack next. Solution: move manually. Both of these "features" drive me nuts. As a general rule of thumb, if a "feature" does not increase the enjoyment of playing a game, it should not be considered for addition.

if you hit select next target the second the mob dies this usually doesn't happen.

[1]target self then [2]select next target will automatically get the closest thing to you then [4] attempt loot once on the corpse again on the next target to get my character to look at it
1,2,4,4 repeat and i never have to turn off auto use tool

The only time I ever find the "next target" not selecting the closest target to me is when I accidentally hit it before the mob I'm killing is looted. Otherwise it acts perfectly.

But when I hit it too soon thinking the loot action was started, then yeah, it targets the next mob from where that one originally was.

[1]target self then [2]select next target will automatically get the closest thing to you then [4] attempt loot once on the corpse again on the next target to get my character to look at it
1,2,4,4 repeat and i never have to turn off auto use tool

I learned that select self trick from 5$ a while ago, for some reason its not working lately, not sure why.

Not using next target :laugh:

I usually grow tired of it.

Sometimes I just watch that entire happening where your avatar starts shaking towards the corpse while bending and stuff and I just keep wondering how can a game that has been around this long have such buggy behaviour. Often finding myself in disbelief you need to act on it to keep the pace up a bit.

If grinding is already not your thing this is the next step...

The only time I ever find the "next target" not selecting the closest target to me is when I accidentally hit it before the mob I'm killing is looted. Otherwise it acts perfectly.

But when I hit it too soon thinking the loot action was started, then yeah, it targets the next mob from where that one originally was.

You are blessed because it happens to me a few times during every run.

I play manually, because I don't shoot each mob. No problem here

kinda similar idea/situation - would like it if 'auto tool' would automatically do a 'attempt tame' when mob reaches level to try to tame, otherwise it'll just keep hitting them, so currently it's almost impossible to auto tool with a whip if you goal is taming instead of killing.

Next Target
y u always select Maffoid
when I stand in heard of LongTooth???

:scratch2:

Should MA change your diaper every hour also?
I can understand that you are a tad frustrated with loot2.0 but seriously... do some low lvl testing, see when you get bonus loots etc.
For me, EU has never been so much fun trying to figure stuff out

Should MA change your diaper every hour also?
I can understand that you are a tad frustrated with loot2.0 but seriously... do some low lvl testing, see when you get bonus loots etc.
For me, EU has never been so much fun trying to figure stuff out

Strange question, I wasn't even mentioning loot, just having fun with all the weirdness of next target. Sorry, I don't wear diapers if that is what you are into :laugh: I hunted first person manually selecting every mob for years, I actually really like next target in third person, its great for grinding, I wish I had known about it sooner. Its really handy for multi-tasking. In a spawn where I am alone with no mixed mobs, i can basically shoot and loot with loot pill and tap next target, auto target, occasionally hit my heal and just keep cycling. I love it. That won't stop me from making comments about its quirks though, because it is not perfect.

As for loot, that is off topic for this post, jury is still out, but so far I am about even after 3 days and 20k LT Prowler/Stalker points with huge loot swings. Just finished 30k Iron, off to the next one to see how it goes.

I think you whole thing would be fixed if MA went back to the old way and had mod disappear when looted. One thing that I don't understand is people that are not affected by this would vote no instead no vote at all. I was really only addressing the players that use select next target that are. It is not a debate or how to work around at all and it happens no matter the reason it is flawed and not working properly.

Back